202746 117 2019-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ronin-SC Comprehensive Camera & Lens Compatibility Testing - Continuously Updated
With the release of Ronin-SC, many avid photographers will undoubtedly be wondering about the compatibility of their current equipment (i.e., cameras and lenses). To thoroughly explore the compatibility of Ronin-SC, DJI has undergone a comprehensive installation test that covers most mainstream cameras and lenses available on the market. At present, over 70 cameras and lenses have been tested. Through these installation tests, DJI hopes to help users be more informed on whether or not Ronin-SC is their best choice.
Note: The following cameras and lenses were tested by DJI, but do not represent all of the devices that are compatible with Ronin-SC. For cameras or lenses that are not included on the list, please refer to actual use experience.

Sony A7M3Click on the title below to view the video)

Sony 6300Click on the title below to view the video)

Sony RX100 VClick on the title below to view the video)

Panasonic GH5SClick on the title below to view the video)

Panasonic GH5Click on the title below to view the video)

Nikon Z7Click on the title below to view the video)

Fuji X-T2Click on the title below to view the video)

Fuji X-T20Click on the title below to view the video)

Fuji X-T3Click on the title below to view the video)

Fuji X-T30Click on the title below to view the video)

Fuji X-H1Click on the title below to view the video)

Canon EOS RClick on the title below to view the video)
2019-7-14
Use props
Backlash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Netherlands

Thats a long list. I wonder how many actually work. Experience with the camera compatibility list for the Ronin-S taught me not to buy a DJI gimbal just after it's available on the market. Just wait a year and then see how well DJI products support your needs.
2019-7-17
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Dji launches a product and forgets to update the products it launched in a short time. Thanks for the bad attitude with the client.
2019-7-17
Use props
WakacjeCoMiesiac
New
Flight distance : 1905866 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Do I need to use Focus Motor when i want to use Focus Wheel with GH5S+12-35mm? In Ronin S i dont need to.
2019-7-17
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sony A99 MKII with Zeiss 24-72?
2019-7-17
Use props
이승길
New

South Korea

I have two old model cameras (A7 and X100s ) and still make me happy wherever I go.
Recently I really interesting about portable gimbals like this.
Are these two cameras compatible too?
2019-7-17
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

How about Nikon Z + FTZ adaptor + e.g. Nikon 35-70 f/2.8 AF?
2019-7-18
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Germany

Nikon Z6 + Ninja V recording externally?
2019-7-18
Use props
fans8123e94c
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

GH5 + Sigma 18-35?
2019-7-18
Use props
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

Please add Sony Rx10 IV its a wonderful camera and perfect size and weight for the SC
2019-7-18
Use props
Daniiii
lvl.2

Spain

Nice to see Fuji cameras there. Waiting to watch some (real) tests with the X-T2 or X-T3 and this new Ronin SC.

But waiting even more for a firmware update that allows our Ronin-S all those new functions included in the Ronin-SC as well as support for the Fujis.
2019-7-18
Use props
constmachi
lvl.1
United States

It looks like most of the Sony GM lenses won't work in underslung mode? The videos don't show the camera clearing the back/roll axis motor.
2019-7-18
Use props
fans6c32bf9d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11250 ft
Jersey

constmachi Posted at 7-18 08:07
It looks like most of the Sony GM lenses won't work in underslung mode? The videos don't show the camera clearing the back/roll axis motor.

THIS! I don't see how DJI can claim that - A7M3 + FE 16-35mm f2.8 GM is supported (and many others) when the cameras clearly impacts the gimbal arm when going into underslung mode.  Major oversight in the design that is largely being ignored (albeit briefly mentioned by many of the early reviewers
2019-7-19
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Hi everyone, all customers who have purchased the Ronin-S do not express their disappointment, it is shameful that DJi itself produces a wider and more complete list of the Ronin-SC than Ronin-s, it is also disappointing that none of the DJs answer the countless questions addressed to him.  DJI I address you directly, if you really have common sense and really believe in your customers do something for all Ronin-S owners, this attitude you are taking and the lack of professionalism you are showing you do not like, you have hundreds and hundreds of unsatisfied customers and confused by your policy, change course.
2019-7-19
Use props
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

fans6c32bf9d Posted at 7-19 00:00
THIS! I don't see how DJI can claim that - A7M3 + FE 16-35mm f2.8 GM is supported (and many others) when the cameras clearly impacts the gimbal arm when going into underslung mode.  Major oversight in the design that is largely being ignored (albeit briefly mentioned by many of the early reviewers

From my  understanding, the compatibility refers to being able to control cameras via gimbal. All cameras are different sizes, The Ronin has better clearance than some other gimbals. They probably did  research and a fixed roll bar was the best option. If underslung is an important feature then the  person will have to decide best equipment to use. I've seen videos of big mics on top which   cuts the roll back by half.  
2019-7-19
Use props
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

Giu_Sa Posted at 7-19 04:53
Hi everyone, all customers who have purchased the Ronin-S do not express their disappointment, it is shameful that DJi itself produces a wider and more complete list of the Ronin-SC than Ronin-s, it is also disappointing that none of the DJs answer the countless questions addressed to him.  DJI I address you directly, if you really have common sense and really believe in your customers do something for all Ronin-S owners, this attitude you are taking and the lack of professionalism you are showing you do not like, you have hundreds and hundreds of unsatisfied customers and confused by your policy, change course.

Give them time to respond, and I'm sure they are aware and doing something. The SC was a brilliant move by them. I was going to get the Ronin S but will be getting the SC as  it's more suitable for the Rx10 IV. I was told Ronin A would be overkill as  Rx10 is only half payload of SC.  They have released it for lighter cameras.

They will respond   but maybe not personally   as   many are asking the same things. Give them time to update S firmware
2019-7-19
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

TioRi Posted at 7-19 06:43
Give them time to respond, and I'm sure they are aware and doing something. The SC was a brilliant move by them. I was going to get the Ronin S but will be getting the SC as  it's more suitable for the Rx10 IV. I was told Ronin A would be overkill as  Rx10 is only half payload of SC.  They have released it for lighter cameras.

They will respond   but maybe not personally   as   many are asking the same things. Give them time to update S firmware

Yes you are right, we must give time to answer, but I just want to inform you that it is from March 14, 2019 that we are waiting for answers in the release of a new firmware, the output of the Ronin-SC, independently from Pload, represented a real offense for all those who bought the Ronin-S, a serious company would have brought out an update for Ronnin-s first and soon after it would have cried out the release of his younger brother Ronin-SC.
Here is why in any post related to Ronin-SC there are people who complain about the policy adopted by the DJI. We don't all complain about the release of a new product, we complain about the total absence of development to improve a product that many people have purchased no more than a year ago.
It is frustrating to see that a product that should be the flagship of stabilizers is not at all.
Also do you know that many of the specifications on the Ronin-S page to date on many Mirrorless and DLSR are not working?
Try to understand the reason why there are so many negative posts about the choice made by DJI in the release of a new product, leaving products that don't even have a year of life in the scene.
2019-7-19
Use props
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

Giu_Sa Posted at 7-19 06:56
Yes you are right, we must give time to answer, but I just want to inform you that it is from March 14, 2019 that we are waiting for answers in the release of a new firmware, the output of the Ronin-SC, independently from Pload, represented a real offense for all those who bought the Ronin-S, a serious company would have brought out an update for Ronnin-s first and soon after it would have cried out the release of his younger brother Ronin-SC.
Here is why in any post related to Ronin-SC there are people who complain about the policy adopted by the DJI. We don't all complain about the release of a new product, we complain about the total absence of development to improve a product that many people have purchased no more than a year ago.
It is frustrating to see that a product that should be the flagship of stabilizers is not at all.

well there are thousands of cameras that  keep on coming out, the must be focusing on more popular ones first and hopefully others  soon. its impossible  for  companies to  list support for every camera  etc. As for Mirrorless Cameras.  SC is getting the love 1st as its been developed for Mirrorless Cameras and lighter ones in  general  for example the RX10 IV (which is half the payload )
2019-7-19
Use props
Danabsent
lvl.1
Australia

I’m looking At ronin S & SC, I’m using an EOS RP with EF 14-40mm l series lens.... what functionality will I still have if I use this camera? Will I be able to use the record button on the ronin?
2019-7-19
Use props
Wojtekk
New

Poland

Nikkor 24-70/2.8 S is not mentioned in compatible lenses list. Does it mean it won't work with SC or it wasn't tested yet?
2019-7-19
Use props
byrnesvictim
New
Flight distance : 73110 ft
Hong Kong

Klaus W. Posted at 7-18 00:10
Nikon Z6 + Ninja V recording externally?

Z6 is not compatible with the controls on the gimbal at the moment
2019-7-20
Use props
byrnesvictim
New
Flight distance : 73110 ft
Hong Kong

byrnesvictim Posted at 7-20 04:08
Z6 is not compatible with the controls on the gimbal at the moment

I stand corrected, it works, but it was hard work to get it working first time
2019-7-20
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Germany

byrnesvictim Posted at 7-20 05:52
I stand corrected, it works, but it was hard work to get it working first time

So you control the Z6 via USB C / Ronin SC and output video via HDMI to a Ninja V at the same time?
2019-7-20
Use props
Terry77
lvl.1

Canada

Anyone know if the Lumix G85 is compatible?
2019-7-20
Use props
Julio Caesar
New

Brazil

Please, Ronin - SC works flashlight mode with @6300 and sigma 16mm 1.4 ?
2019-7-21
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Sony A7 M3 + 24-105 f4. You claim that it works, but Brandon Li's video states otherwise
2019-7-22
Use props
Abraham Reyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Julio Caesar Posted at 7-21 05:46
Please, Ronin - SC works flashlight mode with @6300 and sigma 16mm 1.4 ?

Works fine.
2019-7-22
Use props
Zangetsu
New

France

Hello,

And with eos 80d without grip and 18/135 nano ?

2019-7-22
Use props
diy-guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11857 ft
Germany

I can use the Canon EOS 6D mk2 with a Canon EF 24-70 L4 IS USM Lens (which seems to max out the Ronin SC)
https://konkludenz.de/en/dji-ron ... s-first-impression/
2019-7-23
Use props
exSnake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100965 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Seem than can't handle the 24-70 gm as the video say, still trying...
2019-7-23
Use props
exSnake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100965 ft
  • >>>
Italy

After some hours of test i can say for sure that the Ronin SC can't handle the Sony A7M3 with the FE 24-70 2.8 GM, tried everything but without any luck, when it's balanced and i try to tilt he become unstable.
2019-7-23
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can confirm the SC is not a good match for the Canon 6D Mark II and the Sigma 24mm f/1.4 Art lens. The Sigma lens is just too long and heavy. Once you have it balanced properly, the cam hits one of the motors in the back. A common issue people are having with the SC, but I'm still happy. I'll likely use the Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM instead. That lens is about 1.5" shorter and a pound lighter than the Sigma.
2019-7-24
Use props
truonghao
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2425 ft
Vietnam

Can I Using on Canon 800d DSLR, someone can test?
2019-7-24
Use props
vaughst
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26125 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bought the SC yesterday for use with our Fujifilm XT3 and lenses. I have balanced it no problem with the 18mm F2 lens. I can't get the control to work though. On USB auto on camera the camera will focus and take a photo if I press the record button, even though the camera is set to movie mode. Anyone got any ideas on how to make this work?
2019-7-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

truonghao Posted at 7-24 18:44
Can I Using on Canon 800d DSLR, someone can test?

Yes, you can. The lens you use with that body will be a more important thing to look at. Heavier/longer lenses may cause issues with the camera hitting the back motor because the camera must be pushed back so far to counter-balance the lens (front-heavy).
2019-7-25
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2
Netherlands

There is support for Sony A6300 PowerZoom? Can i just buy DJI Focus Wheel and it work's? My lenses: Sony kit 16-55 and Sony 18-105 G, both support PowerZoom.
2019-7-25
Use props
Terrance Lam
lvl.2
Canada

Balanced, tested and worked great with my Fujifilm XT-3 with the following two lenses.

80mm F/2.8 Macro (with lens support)
56mm F/1.2 (with focus wheel)
10-24 F/4 (did not test power zoom with this combo)
2019-7-25
Use props
Kinematic Digit
lvl.2
Canada

Terrance Lam Posted at 7-25 11:28
Balanced, tested and worked great with my Fujifilm XT-3 with the following two lenses.

80mm F/2.8 Macro (with lens support)

Just put the focus motor on the zoom ring of my Fujifilm 10-24mm and tested it. Calibrated the weight at 14mm then calibrated the focus wheel. Works fantastic!

2019-7-25
Use props
sense
lvl.1

Germany

DJI this is a joke!!!
After endless hours of testing I can really say, that the Sony A7III + 2470GM is NOT working! You are fooling your customers!
2019-7-26
Use props
djiuser_USGABQUbNhwn
New

Italy

Hi,
I need your opinion on the following topic:

I would like to buy the Ronin SC for use with a Fuji XT2 and 10-24, but why would I not want to go around with too much equipment in your opinion would it be possible to use it with an action cam? (like Gopro) or I would have a weight too low for its operation.
2019-7-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules