Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-SC Comprehensive Camera & Lens Compatibility Testing
200974 117 2019-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse0e5de25
New

France

TalkNoJutsu Posted at 8-26 08:37
I just tested and it works with my Sony RX100 M4. Haven't tested with the phone tracking though.

Hi, you tried with the usb C cable and adaptor? the trigger works?
is there a possibility to trigger the zoom, like feiyu?
In addition, Iphone SE works for active track
2019-8-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 1787402 ft
United States

Thank you for this. I  purchased a GH5, lens, along with the Ronin SC online a few days ago and currently am waiting for them to be delivered. I'm happy to see that the GH5 and my selected lens being tested on the new ronin in the video link posted here. Super-duper excited for the delivery dude to arrive now.
2019-8-31
Use props
TalkNoJutsu
lvl.1

fanse0e5de25 Posted at 8-29 22:20
Hi, you tried with the usb C cable and adaptor? the trigger works?
is there a possibility to trigger the zoom, like feiyu?
In addition, Iphone SE works for active track

Sorry for the late reply,

The focus motor on the handle actually operates the Zoom function very well.
Sometimes it it wont sync up but it's very easy to get it back working again, just need to reset the two.

Need to make sure that you use the Sony multi connector, micro-usb does not work.
2019-9-3
Use props
Ronin-SC list shows Sony RX100 M5 shows a Cage being used for the camera.  What is the purpose of this Cage?  and Where do I buy it ?
2019-9-4
Use props
sense Posted at 7-26 12:32
DJI this is a joke!!!
After endless hours of testing I can really say, that the Sony A7III + 2470GM is NOT working! You are fooling your customers!

I have a similar problem with Sony A7R M3 and FE 24-105 lens.  This combination works only at wide end of 24 mm.  When lens is extended to 105 mm, Ronin SC is unable to support it.  Yet, this combination is listed in DJI's Camera Compatibility List.   Any suggestion?
2019-9-4
Use props
fans90ee9883
New

TioRi Posted at 7-18 04:05
Please add Sony Rx10 IV its a wonderful camera and perfect size and weight for the SC

I tried to use the RX10 M4 on Ronin-SC.  When camera zooms towards 600mm, the camera the center of gravity shift too much beyond the range of Ronin-SC.  Also, in RX10 M4 power of mode, the center of gravity of the camera shifts.   RX10 M4 is my favorite camera especially for video … but, I have to use it on tripods only as Ronin-SC is unable to support it.  Fortunately, I am able to use it with RX10 M5.  Also usable with A7R M3 (but, with only lighter lenses).  I was able to use the heavy 24-105 lens, but only at the wide-end of 24 mm !
2019-9-13
Use props
fans90ee9883
New

fans90ee9883 Posted at 9-13 08:50
I tried to use the RX10 M4 on Ronin-SC.  When camera zooms towards 600mm, the camera the center of gravity shift too much beyond the range of Ronin-SC.  Also, in RX10 M4 power of mode, the center of gravity of the camera shifts.   RX10 M4 is my favorite camera especially for video … but, I have to use it on tripods only as Ronin-SC is unable to support it.  Fortunately, I am able to use it with RX10 M5.  Also usable with A7R M3 (but, with only lighter lenses).  I was able to use the heavy 24-105 lens, but only at the wide-end of 24 mm !

Some type errors corrections ...
Ronin-SC usable with RX100 M5 (RX10 M5 was my typo error - sorry).
Ronin-SC is usable with A7R M3 with FE24-105 lens, but, only at 24 mm end.  Too front heavy when zoomed to 105mm.
2019-9-13
Use props
fans90ee9883
New

kellypaul3@outlook.com Posted at 9-4 12:05
Ronin-SC list shows Sony RX100 M5 shows a Cage being used for the camera.  What is the purpose of this Cage?  and Where do I buy it ?

I use my RX10 M5 with just the base plate or sometimes with baseplate and riser.  It works exceptionally well.  I believe the Cage is for supporting accessories on top such as microphone.  Anyhow, nobody is able to guide me where I can buy such a cage.  But, I no longer want a cage as I am able to use RX100 M5 natively without a cage.
2019-9-13
Use props
Ariitaia
New

Hi, is Canon 77D working ?
2019-9-14
Use props
jeff614
New

I have an A7III and a 18-35 2.8 G as well and it looks like if I do get it to balance that it will not have the free motion to enter flashlight mode. The video show the camera pretty far back as well
2019-10-16
Use props
Tom Adamec
lvl.1

Czechia

has anyone tried on Ronin SC to use Canon R + Samyang / Rokinon 14mm (MF) RF ???
I can't find the perfect wide angle lens... my favorite Canon 17-40 with RF adapter is too long
2019-11-3
Use props
markbellus
New
Hungary

Hi there,
I'm using a Ronin SC with my Sony 6400 + sigma 16mm.
HDMI and jack cables are hanging on the side of the camera body affecting the proper balance on the Ronin SC
is there any way to get in perfectly balanced on the roll axis?

My controlling monitor and Rode shotgun mic are on specific mount adapters on the bone of the Ronin, as you can see on the picture.
I have switched the regular HDMI cable to an FPV one but still can not find any solution for the rigid jack cable for the videomic.

2019-11-4
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15295 ft
United Kingdom

I'm assuming if the Sony FE 85mm F1.4 is listed as compatible then the 85mm F1.8 which is half the weight should be fine?
2019-11-5
Use props
fanse87b2134
New

South Africa

Backlash Posted at 7-17 07:57
Thats a long list. I wonder how many actually work. Experience with the camera compatibility list for the Ronin-S taught me not to buy a DJI gimbal just after it's available on the market. Just wait a year and then see how well DJI products support your needs.

You mean besides waiting to see the faults with the system and batteriesZ I still feel burned after the MX debacle with an ‘inverted motor’ function that didn’t work the way everyone thought, the batteries that out of the box didn’t work and DJI didn’t care to respond to... yeah... neah. Over DJI
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_xgLbXZSxLl8b
New

India

Tried the SC with Canon M6 Mark 2 and kit lens, the remote control button on SC doesn't work..
I am thinking of attaching iphone with SC to control the M6... for videos mostly (rec/stop)
Will this work in practical conditions? Any suggestions, this is my first gimbal and I am pretty much new at this
2019-12-3
Use props
TMRE
lvl.3
United States

Is the Ronin SC compatible with the Sony Alpha A6600?

I know the compatibility list shows A6500, I'm wondering if the A6600 will have issues. Please let me know, I don't want to make the purchase until I know it will be fully functional.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_02yacFcklfEG
New

Italy

Hi how come the Sony E35mm 1.8 oss is not among the compatible lenses?
2020-1-6
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like the 24-240mm isn't compatible.  It's no problem on the Ronin-S.
2020-1-25
Use props
manz187
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

is a7r IV compatible? is there anything about the a7r iv shoe that makes it incompatible with the the cell phone mount?
2020-1-27
Use props
c4lifestyle
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hello has anyone used a A6100 with the SC? I see A6400 works and A6000. Just want to be sure before pulling the trigger.
2020-2-13
Use props
rolv.vallegmail.com
New
Flight distance : 50108 ft
Norway

I purchased my unit yesterday, March 10th. 2020. The Sony RX10 IV is on the list of compatible cameras, but it is too big? I am not able to balance it with the camera forward so it doesn't hit the motor in the back. Any suggestions on how to bypass this problem?
2020-3-10
Use props
ngthanh
lvl.1

Vietnam

As Sony’s new flagship APS-C camera, the 24.2-megapixel A6600 has a lot to live up to. Its predecessor, the A6500, broke new ground, and the full-frame A7 series are the best mirrorless cameras on the market. The A6600 does have some nice features like real-time AF tracking, in-body stabilization and improved battery life. Sony did make a few decent improvements, adding real-time tracking and real-time eye AF to its class-leading autofocus system. It's nice to have a bigger grip and incredible battery life for both photo and video shooting. And the five-axis in-body stabilization gives the A6600 a leg up on its rivals, particularly when using un-stabilized prime lenses.

Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ig2TO7xQ8&t=335s
2020-3-16
Use props
ngthanh
lvl.1

Vietnam

As Sony’s new flagship APS-C camera, the 24.2-megapixel A6600 has a lot to live up to. Its predecessor, the A6500, broke new ground, and the full-frame A7 series are the best mirrorless cameras on the market. The A6600 does have some nice features like real-time AF tracking, in-body stabilization and improved battery life. Sony did make a few decent improvements, adding real-time tracking and real-time eye AF to its class-leading autofocus system. It's nice to have a bigger grip and incredible battery life for both photo and video shooting. And the five-axis in-body stabilization gives the A6600 a leg up on its rivals, particularly when using un-stabilized prime lenses.

Unboxing Sony A6600 + Sigma F1.4 DC DN
2020-3-16
Use props
ngthanh
lvl.1

Vietnam

Unboxing Sony A6600 + Sigma F1.4 DC DN (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ig2TO7xQ8&t=335s)
2020-3-16
Use props
djiuser_qZOCVR6BLwvZ
New

Bulgaria

I have a question regarding the combo a7iii + Sony 90mm 2.8 lens. I can't seem to balance it. It's hitting the viewfinder and when move the camera to the front it start to tilt and from the app it says it can't be balanced. Can you give me some suggestions about what I can do?
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_t2OSchz4mJDV
New

United Kingdom

Nikon D7500 DSLR and Nikon 18 - 140 Lens ?
2020-7-29
Use props
Ian Whitelaw
New

United Kingdom

and what about the many thousand Pentax users.  When will they be added to the compatibility list ?.
I have the Pentax K-3.
2020-8-14
Use props
djiuser_8LoBCl3MEFiu
New

France

Hi,
My Ronin SC works very weel with my Canon 7D Mark2 + Canon 50 mm 1.8 with cable and Dji adaptator (folow focus + start/stop video ok)

Canon 7D MarkII

Canon 7D MarkII
2020-9-2
Use props
johan.vizarreta
New

Peru

Estoy teniendo un problema con mi lente 10 - 18 y mi sony a7m3, el ronins SC despues de ser calibrado en su totalidad al hacer un movimiento vertical de abajo hacia arriba y de arriba hacia abajo en el trayecto hay un click que hace que el moviemiento no sea fluido no se a que se debe podrian ayudarme
2020-9-4
Use props
johan.vizarreta
New

Peru

I am having a problem with my 10 - 18 lens and my sony a7m3, the ronins SC after being fully calibrated when making a vertical movement from bottom to top and from top to bottom along the way there is a click that makes the movement don't be fluid, I don't know why you could help me
2020-9-4
Use props
Krisztiaacuten Nagy
New

Hungary

I like buying a Ronin-SC but I not see any camera from Olympus! The Olympus MILCs are very good camera! Will there be development in this area?
2020-12-15
Use props
Jnrdrgs
New

France

Hi everyone !
I would like to know if the Dji Ronin SC would be compatible with my Canon EOS R5 + RF 24-240 ?
Thank you all by advance !
Best,
J.
2021-5-7
Use props
adau
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13819 ft
Italy

Please, someone can help me?

I have an RSC-2 and a Sony A6400 and I need to control Focus with front wheel, On camera it shows control Focus on screen BUT IT DON'T MOVE, I am not able to understand how to make control Focus work
Please help me, I bought RSC2 to control focus of the A6400
2021-6-2
Use props
JaffH
lvl.1

United States

adau Posted at 2021-6-2 03:34
Please, someone can help me?

I have an RSC-2 and a Sony A6400 and I need to control Focus with front wheel, On camera it shows control Focus on screen BUT IT DON'T MOVE, I am not able to understand how to make control Focus work

Interested in this, too
2022-4-18
Use props
LightsAndLines
New

United States

Hi!

I have a Sony Nex 7 that’s been collecting dust but I’m now curious if that would be compatible with the Ronin SC, I have the standard lenses but will invest in a 18-55mm compatible lense if it will work. Any insight would be appreciated!
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_j536uXyhT1Me
New

United States

Please tell me if I just screwed myself- I found the "SC" on Amazon, asked if it would even work with my Nikon D7000- a purchaser responded that any "Tether-Capable" DSLR/Mirrorless cam would work provided the weight/size doesn't prevent the SC from managing it- I assumed that the "tetherable" implied that I would see it supported by the smarphone app- well now that I bought the Ronin-RC, spare grip/batt, handles, and other accys, I am finding out that I can't seem to do much of anything with it- the camera is on it, balanced, the demo works, I can aim/point it from both the grip and the app, but I can't "link" the camera for image or recording/picture controls...  Have I just wasted my money?  I do have the camera connected to the SC via the USB-C/USB-C cable included with a USB-Mini adapter on the end plugging into my Nikon-D7000- I will be glad to add this- with my Nikkor" "Nifty-50" and my zooms lenses, the 18-105 and 55-200 will all attain "excellent" balance settings, so other than having no way to "see" what the camera sees on another screen that doesn't screw with the gimbals...  :-/
2022-8-21
Use props
nehagill
New

Pakistan

There is support for Sony A6300 PowerZoom? Can i just buy DJI Focus Wheel and it work's? My lenses: Sony kit 16-55 and Sony 18-105 G, both support PowerZoom. Digital Agency Pakistan is a photography agency which is used cameras for roduct shooting is this is best for this.
2023-8-3
Use props
pepetobal
New

Panama

CON QUE RONIN COMPATIBILIZA LA SONY XR 10 IV ?  CON EL RONIN RS 3 MINI ?
2023-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules