Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EVERY time: magnetic interference error ...
1231 10 2019-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jann Lipka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334058 ft
Sweden

Mavic 2 Pro .

EVERY time I start the drone I get
magnetic interference error - check App.

It is never solved by moving the aircraft ( and happens on places 100% sure without metal objects )
but it goes away after I recalibrate the compass.

Needless to say it is extremely annoying to recalibrate compass every time . i start .
( I fly somteimes the same location sometimes it is just a couple of kilometers way )

ANy suggetsions what could be wrong ?

2019-7-15
Use props
GhostWolf010
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Do you wear a (smart) watch? This can interfere with your compass. Your phone, your remote, everything electric you have in the area can and will interfere with the compass, so check out what you are wearing
2019-7-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 703599 ft
United Kingdom

GhostWolf010 Posted at 7-15 04:03
Do you wear a (smart) watch? This can interfere with your compass. Your phone, your remote, everything electric you have in the area can and will interfere with the compass, so check out what you are wearing

Is it every time you start the drone or the first time at a new location.  The latter I would look at how you transport the drone,  for example any magnets in the bag?
2019-7-15
Use props
eyecapture
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

It's not really because of magnetic interference. They just want you to do a compass calibration each time. They should change the error message.
2019-7-15
Use props
SPIKE_151
First Officer
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

If you dont need the gps coordinates, switch your IOS, if you are using one, into aircraft mode before takeoff, this has been known to affect the drone magnetically, but as ghost wolf states, smart devices often affect it too
2019-7-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 3615430 ft
  • >>>
United States

How close are you to your car when taking off. I get that message sometime when launching close to my car.
2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day Jann Lipka. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and thank you for reaching out. Please check the location where you are calibrating the compass of the said drone. Let me please provide you additional requirements for proper compass calibration. In calibrating the compass of the said drone do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. Thank you.
2019-7-15
Use props
Jann Lipka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334058 ft
Sweden

Thanks for all suggestions .

Mag interference is regardless location -
Happens every day - sometimes ( seldom ) it will not happen when i change the location .
But always on a new day .

( yesterday I lifted on 6 different places maybe 40 km from each other ) didnt get mag interferance on 1 occasion .
All other lift offs- I need to dance. ( calibrate compass )

Its completely unrelated to real magnetic field- I'm not starting close to my car.
Also Its my 3rd drone - previous Mavic Pro- transported in the same way -  don't show this problem at all -
( starting from the same position )

I contacted support - as expected they dont read so they asked me to move starting position
( i do it like a maniac  to no help ) -  
After compass recalibration the message disapears- and I put the drone on the same spot-
and no problems ( untill next location ) battery change dont make mag intereference to re - appear.

I transport it in original Fly More bag with 3 batteries only - no magnets in the car trunk at all -

I have triple checked and have the latest firmware _
Support suggests now to reset the drone to factory setting ( using DJI assistent )
But i Think is just a waste of time . ....
2019-7-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jann Lipka Posted at 7-18 19:06
Thanks for all suggestions .

Mag interference is regardless location -

It might well be worth refreshing the firmware on the aircraft (& factory reset), and perhaps a reinstall of DJI Go 4. It could be that something is misreporting a problem, a pointer towards a hardware fault (compass moving in aircraft, or bad connection ??? (speculation on my part)).
2019-7-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1482644 ft
United States

Ha, re-reading the original post I see the RC showed the magnetic interference error -- never mind -- hope you get it resolved.
2019-7-19
Use props
Lukas Slacik
New

Ireland

Hi Guys.
Sometimes i wasnt even able to lift off without switching my phone to airplain mode. When you do, mag interf seems to be gone. Did calibration once when i get it, never since. Also the app kept falling without airplain mode. So every time im flying now i switching to airplain and have no issues what so ever. M2P
1-11 00:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules