Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN S - BMPCC4k Shaking Pan and Roll
2856 5 2019-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidhtz
lvl.1
France

Hi there !
I' bought a Ronin S for my BMPCC4k, mounted without cage with the IRIX 11mm and metabones speedbooster. I usually use the ronin upside down whith a handlebar.  My balance is good (the app says excellent in each axis) The autotune completes well. But I still have very shaky footages on pan and roll axis. If i touch the pan ou roll arms it feels very loose. If i increase the strengh the ronin "Bounces" on the end of movments.
Would someone have any advice ?

Thank you

Screenshot_20190715_120431_com.dji.ronin.jpg
Screenshot_20190715_120436_com.dji.ronin.jpg
Screenshot_20190715_120438_com.dji.ronin.jpg
Screenshot_20190715_120440_com.dji.ronin.jpg
Screenshot_20190715_120446_com.dji.ronin.jpg
Screenshot_20190715_120449_com.dji.ronin.jpg
IMG_20190715_121306.jpg
2019-7-15
Use props
davidhtz
lvl.1
France

I Here is a footage shot with this settings : https://youtu.be/zpVNO6lCV2g
2019-7-15
Use props
djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4
lvl.4
Latvia

I also have a BMPCC4k on Ronin-s, this is not the best gimbal for this camera for sure, or any camera without IBIS.
Your offset solution is very interesting, well i would recommend to add a lens support to the original mounting plate, in this case it will eliminate a play for this pretty long distance from that first mounting point.
Also try to Auto-tune on medium/hard then increase stiffness to 50 on all axes, or till the point when it starts vibrating, don't touch anything else.
Hope this helps.
2019-7-15
Use props
davidhtz
lvl.1
France

djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4 Posted at 7-15 13:01
I also have a BMPCC4k on Ronin-s, this is not the best gimbal for this camera for sure, or any camera without IBIS.
Your offset solution is very interesting, well i would recommend to add a lens support to the original mounting plate, in this case it will eliminate a play for this pretty long distance from that first mounting point.
Also try to Auto-tune on medium/hard then increase stiffness to 50 on all axes, or till the point when it starts vibrating, don't touch anything else.

Thank you very much !!!
I'll try this tomorrow and tell if it helps  
2019-7-16
Use props
davidhtz
lvl.1
France

djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4 Posted at 7-15 13:01
I also have a BMPCC4k on Ronin-s, this is not the best gimbal for this camera for sure, or any camera without IBIS.
Also try to Auto-tune on medium/hard then increase stiffness to 50 on all axes, or till the point when it starts vibrating, don't touch anything else.

ok it improved a little , but sill shaky . I think Ronin S is not so ggod for this camera
2019-7-18
Use props
fanse7f2b101
New

Russia

I use ronin s with BMPCC4K with a cage in normal mode and it works good but I have pan issues as well (check others thread about pan issues).  For less shaking in panning, I set deadband to zero, speed low and smoothness low - looks better but not best.
Could anyone explain to me about Strength, Filter and Control parameters in advanced settings? Thank you!
2019-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules