Buying a second hand Mavic Pro - History Check
9843 22 2019-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavericksama
New

Greece

Hello :-)

I am new to the DJI forum and to drones in general.

I am in the process of buying a used Mavic Pro, and I would like to check the history - mostly I would like to ensure, that it has no major crashes or is stolen. Is it possible to check this from the serial number?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Greg

2019-7-15
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I don't think so. You may be able to see the previous owners data that is left in the AC Last flights/data.
But as to it being either crashed, or stolen, nope...
2019-7-15
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi bud, I don't know if this will help but I bought a second hand Mavic Pro from a friend, he told me it had crash and was sent back to DJI for repair, when the serial numbers were checked the controller and the battery came back as April 2017 and the drone came back as May 2018. I bought the kit in April 2019.
2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Greg. Welcome to DJI Forum. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. In Buying a used DJI Mavic Pro. Please check the drone for stress marks, and scratches on the camera lens. In addition I would suggest to check if the aircraft is on the latest firmware then you can do as well the calibration starting with the Gimbal, IMU and Compass just to make sure it's all working good before you fly the said drone. In addition you can PM me the serial number of the said drone from me to check the activation date of the said drone. Thank you.
2019-7-15
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Of course visually inspect (plus turn on to inspect gimbal set up) to make sure so obvious crashes but as far as the serial #, won't tell you anything but when it was activated.

They only history you can check is how many times were the battery/batteries charged. I think they can probably last I've heard over 200 charges so you should be fine.

2019-7-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can't check (as far as I know) what the history was.
Only DJI can do that (but they won't).
I bought one 2nd hand too.

Things I made sure I checked (besides the obvious):
- Flight history on the app.
- Battery status (times of recharging etc.), also in the app.
- High res image from the SD card on my laptop
- 4K footage from the SD card on my laptop
- Flight behavior, sound when flying.
- Gimbal behavior
2019-7-15
Use props
mavericksama
New

Greece

Thank you very much for your input!
Amazon Prime had a nice discount on the platinum fly more combo, so I decided to chip in some extra bucks and get a new one ;)
2019-7-16
Use props
djiuser_0wvssc775nR7
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-15 07:59
Hello and good day Greg. Welcome to DJI Forum. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. In Buying a used DJI Mavic Pro. Please check the drone for stress marks, and scratches on the camera lens. In addition I would suggest to check if the aircraft is on the latest firmware then you can do as well the calibration starting with the Gimbal, IMU and Compass just to make sure it's all working good before you fly the said drone. In addition you can PM me the serial number of the said drone from me to check the activation date of the said drone. Thank you.
Hello i just bought a osmo action today tryied To activate it and it Says that SN locked activation failed.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_0wvssc775nR7 Posted at 7-18 11:04
Hello i just bought a osmo action today tryied To activate it and it Says that SN locked activation failed.

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in activation your DJI Osmo Action and thank you for reaching out. May we know the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to isolate the said issue. In addition I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to activate the DJI Osmo Action. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to assist you further. Thank you.

2019-7-19
Use props
fans541248f7
New
Flight distance : 48156 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-15 07:59

Hi Stephen, could you please check the history of my drone and share as much information as possible? S/N 0ASDE820A1009P
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans541248f7 Posted at 7-19 12:42
Hi Stephen, could you please check the history of my drone and share as much information as possible? S/N 0ASDE820A1009P

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. Let me check this serial number that you have provided be ( 0ASDE820A1009P ). I will be sending you a PM for the information that I have gathered. Thank you.
2019-7-19
Use props
fans434d22e8
lvl.1

Netherlands

How should I send serial number for history check?
2019-7-21
Use props
djiuser_0wvssc775nR7
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-19 11:38
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in activation your DJI Osmo Action and thank you for reaching out. May we know the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to isolate the said issue. In addition I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to activate the DJI Osmo Action. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to assist you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOoo7jBV0Jg

This is the model i m using...still can t activate...
E6367066-7216-4D54-96B9-E5E356725311.jpeg
990D5A63-C0D9-4A8F-8D73-0E4E29DDED97.jpeg
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_0wvssc775nR7 Posted at 7-21 08:04
This is the model i m using...still can t activate...

Hello and good day. I am sorry know that you are having issues in activation your DJI Osmo Action. Let me forward this issue to the designated department. Once I have the needed information I will be sending you a message through PM. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mavericksama Posted at 7-16 00:06
Thank you very much for your input!
Amazon Prime had a nice discount on the platinum fly more combo, so I decided to chip in some extra bucks and get a new one ;)

You are very much welcome mavericksama. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-7-21
Use props
djiuser_0wvssc775nR7
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-21 08:47
Hello and good day. I am sorry know that you are having issues in activation your DJI Osmo Action. Let me forward this issue to the designated department. Once I have the needed information I will be sending you a message through PM. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I ll wait...thank you very much
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome and thank you for your patience and support.
2019-7-22
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could ask the owner to show you the original Proof of Purchase as well as the DJI Go 4 application and click on the battery icon to see how many charges it has, if the number is greater than 100 times charged that can be an indication.
2019-7-22
Use props
Moeen S
lvl.1

Netherlands

How can I find that a mavic 2 pro  is refurbished?
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_1UwZmTtrgukr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1733212 ft
Morocco

Bro you can go and check for the glue that comes on the top of one screw of the frame, if it has a small glue that it looks like a small amount of silicone on the top of the screw then you’re good to go with it, because if it has crashed before then it must been disassembled before, and to disassemble the drone you should take of the glue on top of the screw using the screw driver. Dji like any other manufacturers do that hack in case of a guarantee charge to check if there products have been maintained by other technicians.
One screw with a glue on the top of it = never has been disassembled or repaired
2022-12-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_1UwZmTtrgukr Posted at 12-30 05:11
Bro you can go and check for the glue that comes on the top of one screw of the frame, if it has a small glue that it looks like a small amount of silicone on the top of the screw then you’re good to go with it, because if it has crashed before then it must been disassembled before, and to disassemble the drone you should take of the glue on top of the screw using the screw driver. Dji like any other manufacturers do that hack in case of a guarantee charge to check if there products have been maintained by other technicians.
One screw with a glue on the top of it = never has been disassembled or repaired

Though what you say is correct, do you realise you are replying to a three year old thread?
2022-12-30
Use props
djiuser_1UwZmTtrgukr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1733212 ft
Morocco

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2022-12-30 11:39
Though what you say is correct, do you realise you are replying to a three year old thread?

Hahaha lol , damn man i didn’t pay attention that’s ridiculous from me , thanks for advising
2023-1-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_1UwZmTtrgukr Posted at 1-4 14:20
Hahaha lol , damn man i didn’t pay attention that’s ridiculous from me , thanks for advising

no worries lol
2023-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules