Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Choices, choices. Buy now or what?
463 5 2019-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrbrynevans
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Am looking to buy a Pocket but can't decide to buy now or wait to see if anything is on the horizon soon. Now we have the Action, how long will it be until an updated Pocket? I can't see any rumours and the Pro firmware update helped things by the looks of things. Any advice, inklings or thoughts would be greatly appreciated... Also, if anyone has had an problems or pet-peeves that haven't ironed-out, that would be good to know.

Big thanks in advance,
Bryn
2019-7-15
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.3

United States

Do you need it right now? if you do, then go buy it. Newest firmware has phase detection AF and it seems getting better. New camera is always around the corner, no doubt. But if you don't need it, you can wait. I just order OP again as I need it for upcoming vacation that I don't want to bring big camera. I also has gopro hero 7 black which i use for this trip when I'm in water.
2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need in regards to this query. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-15
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't buy for the future but if you have a use for it then go ahead and buy now. especially with the recent price drop to $319.
2019-7-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you have plans for it now : go for it!
The OP (Osmo Pocket) is a very very capable compact camera with a decent gimbal.
I have seen very nice footage coming from it.
And I doubt there will be a replacement very soon (it is rather new still).
But even if there will be, the current OP will remain as good as it is now
I never go for the latest and newest model. Still flying around with my Mavic Pro
It is more about the person holding the camera than the camera itself
2019-7-15
Use props
fans98606679
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Many thanks for the replies. A great help to hear from users. I currently use a GP Fusion for dynamic wide shots doing running videos and am thinking the OP would be a good addition for closer-up and vlogging. Have been tempted by the Hero7 or OA but would need a gimbal which makes it as big as the Fusion and stick! I think I'll likely go for a OP with a wheel. Oh tech toys!
2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules