Battery dead with one useage within an year
414 5 2019-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OshawaPlague
lvl.1
Canada

Bought a Mavic Air last July and had only one flight since then.

One of the three batteries I have is already dead completely, tried all the trouble shooting methods I could possibly found but no luck. The battery won’t charge with any DJI chargers (3 different chargers been tested), lights won’t turn on no matter how the battery button is pressed.

I learned my lesson in a hard way that DJI’s batteries need to be “properly maintained”, discharging/charging to 60% before storage.

But come on DJI!! I know you guys had built a lot of cool stuff and what not, but can you at least improve your freaking battery’s build quality.

2019-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All lipos need to be properly maintained (not just DJI's) and it clearly states that the batteries should be fully charged and recharged at least once every 3 months. Leave a used lipo in a bag for a year and you'll be lucky if it works again. As they say - use it or lose it!
2019-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. We provide the documents and recommendation about using the DJI batteries as well as for battery maintenance. For further check, you may see the link below. I'm afraid that the warranty coverage of the battery would last for 6mons or charge cycle less than 200 times. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf
2019-7-15
Use props
OshawaPlague
lvl.1
Canada

A J Posted at 7-15 08:04
All lipos need to be properly maintained (not just DJI's) and it clearly states that the batteries should be fully charged and recharged at least once every 3 months. Leave a used lipo in a bag for a year and you'll be lucky if it works again. As they say - use it or lose it!

Thx for the good suggestions AJ.  

It's either I'm lottery winning lucky or this proves DJI's drone battery quality control is garbage -- the other two batteries I have that are being used one year ago, just like the dead one, all successfully remain healthy and keep the charge at 60%, as they should according to the manual.

Funny enough, I'm super impressed with the controller's battery (which is lipo as well if I'm right) it managed to keep 90%+ charge of its charge without being used for a year. I never seen any electronic device with a such capable battery before.

How ironic, the worst and the most impressive battery, all coming from the same company.
2019-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OshawaPlague Posted at 7-15 11:44
Thx for the good suggestions AJ.  

It's either I'm lottery winning lucky or this proves DJI's drone battery quality control is garbage -- the other two batteries I have that are being used one year ago, just like the dead one, all successfully remain healthy and keep the charge at 60%, as they should according to the manual.

I'm sure if you recycled them every 3 months as advised you would have no cause to write this thread. Glad you were lucky on two of them and the remote. Could have been much worse.
2019-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules