OTG Cable Fail
3323 6 2019-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronePilotLiam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43501 ft
United States

I purchased an OTG cable for my DJI Spark.  When I hook it up to my remote and phone, it simply takes battery from the phone and transfers it to the remote, as if it’s a charger.  How do I make it give a video connection to the phone?
2019-7-15
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

From your description it sounds like you have the OTG cable connected backwards. OTG cables only work in one direction so you need to swap the connectors round.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-7-16
Use props
DronePilotLiam
lvl.2
United States

Nidge Posted at 7-16 00:27
From your description it sounds like you have the OTG cable connected backwards. OTG cables only work in one direction so you need to swap the connectors round.

Regards

Alright.  I don’t think there is a way to reverse mine.  Thanks though.
2019-7-16
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

You can not put an OTG cable in backwards. Is the cable you have a charging cable or a charging and data cable. Not all cable work. The one piece OTG cable seems to be the best and order one specifically for the Spark. They are sold on ebay for a few bills.
2019-7-17
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Stinger1 Posted at 7-17 14:28
You can not put an OTG cable in backwards. Is the cable you have a charging cable or a charging and data cable. Not all cable work. The one piece OTG cable seems to be the best and order one specifically for the Spark. They are sold on ebay for a few bills.

Of course you can. If it has usb micro on both ends, one will have the extra pin connected to make it an "otg" cable. This one connects either way but only works one way.
2019-7-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DronePilotLiam Posted at 7-16 10:10
Alright.  I don’t think there is a way to reverse mine.  Thanks though.

There is!
Just turn it, the remote needs to charge (if AnDroid) the phone.
That is a USB-OTG thing, the host has to give battery (like your phone is giving for a USB-Stick).
Here the RC is the host.

In case you have a iOS, I think you can switch off the charging from the remote. But not sure the other way.

But:  As long the device charges the RC, the cable is either reversed or a wrong one!
Which can easily happen, in case you got one for your phone (USB-C/Lightning to USB-A) and have just plugged a USB-a to micro in it.
2019-7-18
Use props
DronePilotLiam
lvl.2
United States

I bought another one.  This one won’t work either.  Do I need to revert back to a different software version?  How do I setup the cable?
2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules