Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji spark problem
1373 3 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djicracoulson
New
United Kingdom

so last night i decided to take my spark to the beach to record my friend on his paddle board. i have flown this a few times now and gathered the basic knowledge and understanding of the drone. i had the drone on a nice flat surface ready for take off. waited until it was ready to fly and then sent it up into the air. at around 1 minute into flight the drone started to experince some issues to which my reaction was to try to get the drone back from over the water to safely land it back on the beach. bare in mind the drone was only around 20 meters away from me. as i got the drone back over land it suddenly went in to hyper speed and flew off at a rapid rate with no control what so ever and gaining altitude all of the time while narrowly missing a group of young children futher up the beach. thank god it missed them. it came to crash on a cliff top after reaching speeds of around 32mph. it suffered slight damamge to a led cover which is now missing and has a few scuffs on the drone its self. god knows how i managed to retrive the drone i guess i was lucky i was able to climb a wall from the road side near the cliff top and not put myself in danger. i am puzzled as to why this happened and now do not feel safe flying the drone until i know what the problem may have been and if dji themselves will replace the drone if faulty as it is only 1 month old

my flight log
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NQT4KJ1QI1NUJ8LH4YA8/

any info on why this happened would be great. from what i can see myself from looking at the log it after around 2 mins flight time it started getting a yaw error to which i have no idea about then gained some control again to which i tried to find a safe landing spot not over water then as i say suddenly flew off. all this happened very quicky so reaction time was not great to be able to try get drone back under control.
i have spoken to dji online support who has asked me to send drone back to them for them to look over and if it is a fault with the dji a replacement or repair would be done but i would like to know if i am wasting my time with doing this and if some help can be gained fromt he flight log as to if dji would replace or repair my drone

thanks
craig
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi craig, sorry for the crash accident, if you believe the accident has nothing to do with the pilot operation, we strongly recommend to send in the drone to our facility for the evaluation and data analysis, we have a professional team who will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.
At the same time, since you have uploaded the flight logs in Forum, I'm sure other users will give you some advice.
2019-7-16
Use props
djicracoulson
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-16 03:20
Hi craig, sorry for the crash accident, if you believe the accident has nothing to do with the pilot operation, we strongly recommend to send in the drone to our facility for the evaluation and data analysis, we have a professional team who will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.
At the same time, since you have uploaded the flight logs in Forum, I'm sure other users will give you some advice.

How do I go about doing this. I've had no lose of flight today but when I checked todays flight log it tells me there was GPS errors while flying
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djicracoulson Posted at 7-16 05:22
How do I go about doing this. I've had no lose of flight today but when I checked todays flight log it tells me there was GPS errors while flying

Please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index and follow the system instruction to send in the drone for the diagnosis and data analysis.
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules