Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV vs Follow
1854 11 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

I was doing some bench testing of my P4P (V1) and noticed that when I switch the camera setting to FPV that it remains in the Follow mode.  Apparently that setting has no effect.  Do I need to do something else to get that to engage?
2019-7-16
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do you have a record of the FPV as clip yet? I ask only. It´s a "quasi FPV" only not a real one.
2019-7-16
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4

United States

No, just looking at the camera and gimbal.  I thought it was supposed to lock in the forward direction and not correct for roll.  That's not what its doing.  It continues to act the same as if its in Follow mode and correct for roll movements and not lock
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Anokadrone. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The difference between the FPV Mode with the Follow Mode is that the image transmission screen will tilt when the left sticks are pushed to the left or right in FPV Mode while the image transmission screen will not in Follow Mode.
1) FPV Mode: The gimbal will synchronize with the movement of the aircraft to provide a first-person perspective flying experience.
2) Follow Mode: The angle between the gimbal’s orientation and aircraft’s nose remains constant at all times.
2019-7-16
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4

United States

Stephen, thanks for getting back to me (btw great first name - same as mine)  Anyway, is it supposed to physically lock the camera in the forward level position on the AC when in FPV mode?  So when you roll the AC the camera tilts as well?  In other words, isnt the camera suppose to "remain fixed" with respect to the aircraft orientation?
2019-7-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the P4P and it deffo has some effect, i only played with this option again on Sunday as my gimbal appears weaker than ever
2019-7-16
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4

United States

I was re-reading what DJI Stephen had stated and was wondering if it only controlled the up/down axis and not the roll axis.   I didnt have a chance to play with it last night.  Maybe later today.  One thing for sure, its definitely not a true FPV function and if it is supposed to be, its not working on my system.
2019-7-17
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4

United States

Of course, I dont have the latest firmware on the AC either,  still afraid to do that.
2019-7-17
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use FPV mode when I make my VR videos. I haven't had any problem engaging it and yes it locks so that the camera banks w/the drone.
2019-7-17
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4

United States

I am on an older firmware version 1.04.0608.  I've been reluctant to upgrade but I am having some camera focus issues as well.  
2019-7-17
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4

United States

Well I got gutsy and to updated the latest firmware.  All went well and the AC seems to be relatively normal although I havent actually put the props on and flown it yet.  However, the FPV/Follow function is still unresponsive.  Always acts like "Follow" no matter what I do.  The camera never locks in place went set to FPV.  Is that setting possibly interlocked with another mode like Atti or Sport?  I did try those modes as well with no luck.  
2019-7-22
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Put in the air and make the switch.  It may not "act" proper when not flying.

Randy
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules