Tip to never forget to unfold the antenna legs or pull gimbal cover
1562 22 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Impax Films
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77156 ft
United States

Hey all. I've had my Mavic air for a couple months now, and I LOVE it. (My Phantom 4 has been in the shop for some time now)

So...I've heard of many pilots forgetting to unfold the antenna legs, and also remove the gimbla cover.  I thought of a great 7 step system that helps me never..ever forget now.

I've made a 2 minute tutorial video on it which you can watch here https://youtu.be/TtmkRS_a_Ls

OR....just read this. Every time you unfold your Mavic Air in preparation for flight, or when you are folding it back up, just count the 7 steps in your head or out loud. Very simple!  (Just count the numbers as you perform the steps listend here):

1) leg
2) other leg
3) 3rd leg
4) 4th leg
5) left antenna stilt
6) right antenna stilt
7) remove gimbal cover

Done!  No reason to ever forget again. Just do it in reverse when packing up.  Why don't I include the turning on or off of the drone in the list? Watch the video for explanation.

So I hope this helps many forgetful people..like myself.

2019-7-16
Use props
Impax Films
lvl.1
United States

Trying to add link. Sorry. Not good at this forum stuff yet

https://youtu.be/TtmkRS_a_Ls
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Impax Films. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this tutorial video on how how to never again forget to unfold the antenna legs or remove the gimbal cover of your DJI Mavic Air. This will be a very big help to all our DJI Mavic Air co pilots. Great work and two thumbs up.
2019-7-16
Use props
Impax Films
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-16 09:37
Hello and good day Impax Films. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this tutorial video on how how to never again forget to unfold the antenna legs or remove the gimbal cover of your DJI Mavic Air. This will be a very big help to all our DJI Mavic Air co pilots. Great work and two thumbs up.

Thanks Stephen.  I'm still trying to add the link properly, but it seems my amount of edits is up. Not sure if you can help.
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Impax Films Posted at 7-16 09:39
Thanks Stephen.  I'm still trying to add the link properly, but it seems my amount of edits is up. Not sure if you can help.

You are very much welcome Impax Films.I have tried to open the link you have provided on your post #1 and it works well. Keep safe and keep on flying.
2019-7-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good tips!
2019-7-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good advice!
2019-7-16
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

Sometimes I forget to remove the gimbal cover but the DJI Go 4 app reminds me very quickly to remove it.  
2019-7-16
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

I also sometimes forgot to remove the gimbal cover. Pasted on it a bright strip of red. Now, when I press the power button, I immediately see if the cover is not removed.
2019-7-16
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I know I keep posting this but ...

20190207_130827.jpg
2019-7-16
Use props
nilsonleow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

*DM* Posted at 7-16 22:42

Awesome idea!
2019-7-17
Use props
Kris Murphy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

sweet, gotta get one of these
2019-7-17
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Nice check list, but you've got to be pretty special to forget any of those and if you're in a rush then maybe you shouldn't be flying as that's when pilot error happens
2019-7-17
Use props
Impax Films
lvl.1
United States

Love it!   Only a totally blind pilot could miss that.  And why would he be flying anyway?  : )
2019-7-17
Use props
Impax Films
lvl.1
United States

Ridg Posted at 7-17 02:17
Nice check list, but you've got to be pretty special to forget any of those and if you're in a rush then maybe you shouldn't be flying as that's when pilot error happens

Actually, sometimes there IS a rush involved. And sometimes we just get sidetracked and forget even without rushing. People are people.
2019-7-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing it
2019-7-17
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hello and thanks "Impax Films" for sharing this tips. I have forgotten to remove the protector sometime. Good and simple tips. I also liked the gaffer tape orange and green on the legs and body, is a great idea.

Fly safely

2019-7-17
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Impax Films Posted at 7-17 06:31
Actually, sometimes there IS a rush involved. And sometimes we just get sidetracked and forget even without rushing. People are people.

less haste more speed

2019-7-17
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Good advice!
2019-7-18
Use props
Impax Films
lvl.1
United States

QQRUCH Posted at 7-17 11:21
Hello and thanks "Impax Films" for sharing this tips. I have forgotten to remove the protector sometime. Good and simple tips. I also liked the gaffer tape orange and green on the legs and body, is a great idea.

Fly safely

Hey thanks.  Yeah the tape is close the the same color as the red and green lights for front and back.  It actually helps sometimes when flying near range.  
2019-7-18
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12822 ft
United Kingdom

Hi *DM*   Interested to know what is the purpose of the leg extensions I see in your picture?
2019-7-18
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

Amershaman Posted at 7-18 06:38
Hi *DM*   Interested to know what is the purpose of the leg extensions I see in your picture?

Landing on (short) grass etc.

Mavic propellers are pretty close to the ground and will hit stuff (vegetation, stones, other debris, whatever) that happens to stick from the ground.
2019-7-18
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Corvus monedula Posted at 7-18 07:57
Landing on (short) grass etc.

Mavic propellers are pretty close to the ground and will hit stuff (vegetation, stones, other debris, shatever) that happens to stick from the ground.

Yes, this.
2019-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules