1218 3 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FugiTive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117871 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I've sold my original Phantom 4 and I'm now looking to upgrade to the new Mavic 2 Pro.

My question pertains to refurbished drones in the UK, where I'm based, as we don't have DJI's Refurbished Store like the US has, and the manufacturer warranty and access to DJI's refresh program for refurbished DJI drones.

I've been looking out for a good deal in the UK, as almost every retailer offers the same price as what's on the DJI store. Though if went through DJI I could have used the 10% student discount.

I have found a deal on what's referred to as a Grade A1 Refurbished M2P from dronesdirect UK, I called their support number and they sent me a custom quote at £1112.00, which is definitely the best price I can find a M2P for in the UK (excl, eBay auctions).

They said that the drone is effectively new but only opened and inspected and therefore, can't be sold as "new". I'm taking their word on this.

Dronesdirect is listed on DJI Retail Store's and on Dronesdirect's website, they include a "DJI Official Seller UK Warranty UK Support" badge. Please see the attached image.

The refresh program's clauses make this a bit confusing, such as:

• Brand new and un-activated?
  • Repaired in an official DJI Service Center (within 72 hours of receiving email invitation)

My questions are:

• Would DJI honor their manufacturer warranty on this refurbished M2P. Considering Dronesdirect are an official seller?
  • Can I register for DJI refresh on this drone once I receive it?
  • I've read that DJI allows for DJI Refresh on refurbished drones directly from DJI, this may require DJI to rest the drone's activation status?
  • However, what about in the UK were DJI only has official sellers?
  • What is this email invitation if repaired?

Thanks for any assistance or even better if we can get an oficial response from DJI to clarify this. I'm hoping I've not made a mistake purchasing a refurbished unit in the UK.

2019-7-16
Use props
FugiTive
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The "attached" image did not seem to work so please see the image here:

2019-7-16
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I have a phantom 4 pro and a M2pro, I think without a doubt the camera on the phantom 4 is better than the M2pro, the dlog on the phantom is better than the dlogm on the M2pro, and the Phantom 4 dlog to 709 rec LUT is better than the M2pro Lut. But thats just my opinion.
Would DJI honor their manufacturer warranty on this refurbished M2P. Considering Dronesdirect are an official seller? If the drone is less than a year old the warranty should still hold.
Can I register for DJI refresh on this drone once I receive it? No, I believe the care refresh is only for the original buyer of the drone.
I've read that DJI allows for DJI Refresh on refurbished drones directly from DJI, this may require DJI to rest the drone's activation status? I doubt DJI will honour this, from a contract law position
However, what about in the UK were DJI only has official sellers? Those sellers-repairers, will probably have individual deals with DJI, so im guessing that would depend on each retailer.
What is this email invitation if repaired?
2019-7-16
Use props
FugiTive
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Please see an official response from a DJE rep at the following link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=193792

I was able to activate DJI refresh on my new Mavic 2 Pro even though it was refurbished, this was because Dronesdirect are an official DJI UK retailer and their refurbished grade A1 are essentially 'new' drones, similar to the level of refurb, as refurbished drones directly from DJI in the US. Therefore, full manufacturer warranty is provided and access to refresh. The same may not be true with other DJI refurbished drones sold from non official channels in the UK.

I was very happy with the service from Dronesdirect and when I received my M2P it was in perfect condition.

@SPIKE_151 thanks for your comment. Moving from the original P4 to the M2P I've noticed a dramatic improvement in quality and features. The two biggest selling points for me were; portability over the P4 and 10-bit colour which is making colour grading D-Log simpler and more versatile. I would agree on DJI's own LUTs not being that great, though I don't use them and have found far superior ones.

Futhermore, in the UK with possible changing drone laws (cap 1789) (from July 2020) and weight becoming such a concern (CAA class C0, C1, C2, etc), the M2P overall checked more boxes for me personally. Thus I'm very pleased with it! Hopefully the Mavic 2 Pro manages to be classified in the C1 class (it's only 5g over weight and this could be solved with a ligher battery, etc) but importantly we don't know the drag coefficient of the M2P or any other DJI so we can't work out if in a free-fall the M2P would produce more or less than 80 Joules. If it's less this would mean that the M2P should be a C1 Class.

However, it's more likely that no existing drones will be retro-actively given C0 - 4 classification meaning that past 30 June 2022 all current DJI drones would be limited to sub-category A3/A2 (hard to say) and A3 Open-Space is, well, extremely limited. I can only hope that I'm incorect, and that existing drones are retroactively given C0 - C4 classification.

2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules