Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air battery. Improper charging temperature (too cold!)
3746 5 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Motolight
lvl.1
Russia

Hi All.

I was googling for more than hour with no avail so far so decided to ask for help here after all.

I have Mavic Air with Fly More Combo pack. So three batteries included.

Everything worked fine until last days when I came home, put my batteries on charge and realised that one of three batteries doesn't want to charge at all.

Symptoms: when charging straight - 4th LED blinking TWO times. Which means, according to manual, that the temperature is too cold. Not hot, i.e. that's not an issue of after-flight charging or whatever related to it. And my house is not an igloo so temperature is pretty fine all the way (+23C). Same thing with charging hub - when I connect this only battery it flashes green two-three times (aka charging) and then reverts to yellow flashing (aka improper battery temperature).

Is there any way I can fix it? I was thinking about firmware update but the problem is that the baterry is discharged completely so drone won't be able to start completely (passing all the preflight checks etc.) an thus I cannot even connect it to my PC with that battery.

Any suggestions? Help is really appreciated since batteries are cost a lot here.

2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try to leave the said battery on the charging hub for about 1-2 hours to see if there would be changes? Also, there is no need to unplug and plug the battery to the charger in the event of charging temperature error. The charger will resume charging when the temperature is within the allowable range. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for the said issue for us to further help you. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-18
Use props
Motolight
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-18 08:59
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try to leave the said battery on the charging hub for about 1-2 hours to see if there would be changes? Also, there is no need to unplug and plug the battery to the charger in the event of charging temperature error. The charger will resume charging when the temperature is within the allowable range. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for the said issue for us to further help you. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Hi!

I left the battery on charger for the whole night, no result unfortunately.
Same with the hub - it was on it for the whole working day and still nothing changed.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Motolight Posted at 7-18 11:21
Hi!

I left the battery on charger for the whole night, no result unfortunately.

Thank you for the additional information and we are sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-7-18
Use props
Motolight
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-18 15:37
Thank you for the additional information and we are sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!

Eh... I was hoping that there is a way to reset the battery or force update its firmware. I know about your support team but they'll prolly ask me to send the battery and then I have to wait again and again.
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Motolight Posted at 7-20 02:54
Eh... I was hoping that there is a way to reset the battery or force update its firmware. I know about your support team but they'll prolly ask me to send the battery and then I have to wait again and again.

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, we don't the ability to reset the Intelligent Flight Battery and the best solution for this problem is to have the battery diagnosed on our facility. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules