[VIDEO] Mavic Air rotating on its own.
4776 11 2019-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
Australia

My Mavic Air automatically yaw slightly to the left right after taking off, this issue happen very often also after software restore, IMU calibration, compass calibration, visual system calibration, RC software restore and calibration, DJI GO 4 restored and tested on both Android and IOS devices. I wasn't able to fix. I've choosed to get an in-warranty replacment from JB Hi-Fi Australia (the shop where I bought it) and lucky they gaved me a new unit straight away.
Here's a video of the new Mavic Air (I've put a red filter to highlight when the issue come).

The brand new Mavic Air still have the same issue, how can this be possible?? At this point I think a lot of units have this issue so please share your experience down below.
If you are a DJI Admin please help me to figure out how to fix this issue, I put a lot of trust on DJI since they're leader of the drone sector and it's very disappointing to know there's several Mavic Air units around with this big issue.
Thank you in advance for all, have a safe flight!

2019-7-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HIya,

Typical MA issue. My MA does the same, only at the start of a flight. Latetst FM, SW etc. Done all the calibrations.
More MA suffer from this YAW rapid yaw left>rright move.

I accepted this as a MA 'thing', all my flights are without errors so i don`t bother about this.

cheers
JJB
2019-7-17
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Yes, mine does this off an on.  Most times it's fine but others it yaws to left shortly after take-off.  It's a minor annoyance and doesn't seem to affect the rest of the flight.
2019-7-17
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

I have the same issue with my Mavic Air but like the others, it doesn't affect the rest of the flight so I have learned to live with it  After takeoff, I make a small correction and then it flies fine.
2019-7-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 7-17 04:12
HIya,

Typical MA issue. My MA does the same, only at the start of a flight. Latetst FM, SW etc. Done all the calibrations.

in addition    it look worse on the footage as the camera yaws the other way and back again!
2019-7-17
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Count me in too, mine never used to do this. It will yaw to the left by itself and I have noticed this happening during flight. But to save myself the aggravation of reading automated, misspelled responses I just can’t be bothered anymore. I don’t trust my Mavic Air at distance anymore and I hardly use it nowadays. Must say, reading all the dramas going on with this craft on this forum is quite concerning to me. I know that most are ok but yeah, leave it at that.

Before I grab my Air nowadays I find myself rather reaching for my Anafi instead!
2019-7-18
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Have the same issue, also made a topic on this forum about it...:

look at 47seconds..... seems horrible on the movie, in real life it is just a 30 degrees jaw....
2019-7-18
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

OK I'll chime in.  ME TOO!  It wasn't doing this a month ago, no updates with the MA itself and I don't think the GO4 app has updated in that time frame. I always use auto takeoff and the precision landing feature not sure it does it with manual takeoff I'll have to try it next time I put it up.
2019-7-19
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Join the "what the hell just happened" club.  Folks have reporting this behavior for many months, and it apparently will never be addressed by DJI even though there has been plenty of video and log-file evidence that there is a problem.  There's probably some component in there that has some tolerance issues, making the MA a very fickle machine when it comes to updates and calibrations.  And for those of you who swear it's never happened to you, give it time.  You, too will join the "what the hell just happened" club eventually.  Fortunately, it's mostly just an annoyance and not fatal, and can be mitigated to some extent through careful and meticulous calibrations..........of everything.  It's a shame.  Otherwise the MA is a fantastic device.
2019-7-19
Use props
vitaly258
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

had same problem. yawing right while going down, and left - while going up (RC mode 2). in the calibration mode i’ve found that when i push stick straight forward it gives signal to the left up to 50%. same for pushing stick backwards - up to 50% signal to the right. couple weeks ago i’ve sent my RC for repairing to DJI and they send me back new RC which work now as a charm. no yawing. no idea for how long.
2019-7-19
Use props
vitaly258
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

had same problem. yawing right while going down, and left - while going up (RC mode 2). in the RC calibration mode i’ve found that when i push stick straight forward it gives signal to the left up to 50%. same for pushing stick backwards - up to 50% signal to the right. couple weeks ago i’ve sent my RC for repairing to DJI and they send me back new RC which works now as a charm. no yawing. no idea for how long.
2019-7-19
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Same here.  Mine will often yaw violently about 20 degrees just after take-off.

No other issues.

2019-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules