Ronin-SC Released - Challenge Accepted
1234Next >
14438 141 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 1988 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 7 Points! Each person is 2 times
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Capture Smooth Footage With The New Compact, Lightweight Ronin-SC, A Single-Handed Stabilizer For Mirrorless Cameras
Updated design offers excellent portability and the latest intelligent features including subject tracking

DJI, the world’s leader in creative camera technology, today announced the latest addition to the renowned Ronin series, the Ronin-S Compact (SC), a single-handed 3-axis gimbal designed for popular mirrorless cameras. Using over a decade of experience creating aerial and handheld gimbals, the Ronin-SC offers a highly compact design, high-grade materials and advanced technology to open the world of creative possibilities for users capturing videos and photographs.
“The Ronin-SC took the powerful technology from the Ronin-S and put it in a lighter and smaller form factor,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Manager. “Now users can pair their mirrorless system with a stabilizer that is easier to transport, easier to set up, easier to use yet still equipped with high-performance features and technology.”

Compact, lightweight for ease of use
The Ronin-SC was created to be portable and travel friendly, weighing only 2.4 lbs., 41% lighter than the Ronin-S and can be taken apart to easily fit into backpacks and cases. The reduced weight makes the Ronin-SC not only easily transportable but aids in reducing fatigue when using it on extended photo and video shoots.

Robust and intuitive design
Using high-quality materials including magnesium, steel, aluminum and composite plastic, the Ronin-SC’s durable construction is built to last and endure everyday use. Its powerful high-grade motors are capable of supporting up to 4.4 lbs and its dedicated battery offers users up to 11 hours of operation. Taking feedback from the Ronin-S, the Ronin-SC offers new design features including 3 axis locks on the pan, tilt and roll axis which makes balancing the camera simplified as well as helping during transportation. Additionally, the Ronin-SC features a new position lock system. Once the gimbal is balanced, the time it takes to remount the camera and start working is mere seconds, saving precious time during shoots. Similar to the Ronin-S, users can control the gimbal movement with the responsive joystick and easily access different modes and gimbal settings with the use of the Mode (M) button and the front trigger button.

Intelligent modes for endless creative possibilities
A staple in the Ronin series, the Ronin-SC features a host of intelligent modes to inspire all levels of content creators. Using the redesigned Ronin app, users can set up to 3 different custom profiles, adjust various settings such as motor output and even run balance tests to ensure that the camera system is properly setup. The popular 360-degree roll movement can be saved in one of the custom profiles by simply selecting it in the app and for fast paced scenes, Sport mode, which increases the response speed of the gimbal, is easily accessed by holding the Mode (M) button.

The Ronin-SC offers the same modes as Ronin-S but with several exciting new additions, including Force Mobile and ActiveTrack 3.0:
        *New Force Mobile: The new Force Mobile, similar to Force Pro, conveniently synchronizes the movement of your connected mobile device1 with the Ronin-SC gimbal, offering an immersive filming experience. Users can now operate gimbal movements at a max distance of 82 feet using the new Bluetooth 5.0 connection.
•        *New ActiveTrack 3.0: Using a mobile device, Ronin-SC users can select a subject for the gimbal to accurately follow. The new algorithms include deep learning and optimized calculations for human figures. Similar to the technology found in some DJI drones and the Osmo Series, ActiveTrack 3.0 uses the mobile phone’s camera view and sends this information to the Ronin-SC. Users can mount the mobile phone to the top of the camera’s hotshoe with the included phone holder mount, open the Ronin app and select the subject to follow automatically.
•        Virtual Joystick: Control gimbal movement remotely using the virtual joystick, ideal for when Ronin-SC is on a tripod or monopod.
•        TimeLapse: Create compelling TimeLapse content, adjusting settings including interval, clips, and frames per second.
•        Motionlapse: Add the element of motion to your TimeLapse.
•        Motion Control: Set unique movement paths with Motion Control by selecting up to 10 different points.
•        Panorama: Automatically capture panoramas in multiple rows or columns.

Wide array of camera compatibility and accessories
Ronin-SC was created to work seamlessly with popular mirrorless camera systems on the market. A full list of compatibility can be found https://www.dji.com/ronin-sc. Additionally, the Ronin-SC is compatible with a variety of DJI accessories including a new, lighter external focus motor, Command Unit, DJI Force Pro, DJI Master Wheels, and some third-party accessories. Detailed information on compatible accessories can be found at https://store.dji.com/category/ronin-sc-and-accessories.

Pricing and availability
The Ronin-SC will be available for purchase at www.dji.com, flagship stores and retail partners today. Customers can choose between Ronin-SC Standard, which includes the essentials to get you up and running for US$439 or the Ronin-SC Pro Combo, which adds the focus wheel along with the external focus motor and the Remote Start Stop (RSS) Splitter for US$539.

DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh is now available for Ronin-SC. For an additional $49 USD, DJI Care Refresh offers comprehensive coverage as well as up to two replacement units within one year. Receive your replacement even sooner with DJI Care Refresh Express. DJI Care Refresh also includes VIP after-sales support and free two-way shipping. For a full list of details, please visit https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh.

DJI - Introducing Ronin-SC
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ronin-SC Comprehensive Camera & Lens Compatibility Testing - Continuously Updated>>
2019-7-17
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Wohoo that's so exciting!
2019-7-17
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

OMG! Here it is!! Should I get one?? Heliguy will have them soon! Going to phone and get one preordered

https://www.heliguy.com/dji-c610/ronin-sc-c969
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

GoldenSun Posted at 7-17 05:04
Wohoo that's so exciting!

You are the first to comment
2019-7-17
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Ok now the question on everyones mind - are we going to get ActiveTrack 3.0 support for the Ronin-S as well?
2019-7-17
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Replies reward +7 Points

DJI Panda Posted at 7-17 05:11
You are the first to comment

Do I therefore win a free Ronin-SC you meant to say?
2019-7-17
Use props
El Kab0ng
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Looks awesome!
2019-7-17
Use props
atercervus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084957 ft
Monaco

Replies reward +7 Points

Will the Active Track come to the Ronin S in the future firmware?
2019-7-17
Use props
Johnny1000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9319501 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Replies reward +7 Points

Awesome new product!
Will the Ronin S feature Active Track 3.0 and Force Mobile as well with a software update?
2019-7-17
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Replies reward +7 Points

Johnny1000 Posted at 7-17 05:34
Awesome new product!
Will the Ronin S feature Active Track 3.0 and Force Mobile as well with a software update?

We all certainly hope so!
2019-7-17
Use props
JetBlk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336965 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

When will the Ronin-S get Fujifilm support? I see the Ronin-SC has it at launch. Lot of people have been waiting for this on the Ronin-S!
2019-7-17
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Replies reward +7 Points

Awesome new product!

Really interested about this too!
2019-7-17
Use props
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

Replies reward +7 Points

Fantastic, I'm getting  a Sony Rx10 IV which is  2.41lb not including Mic  will  the SC be suitable  for it?
2019-7-17
Use props
FlyRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708842 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Replies reward +7 Points

When you plan to integrate activetrack option to Ronin S ?
2019-7-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Replies reward +7 Points

Nice stuff, great job again DJI!
2019-7-17
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Are the grips of the Ronin-S and the Ronin-SC compatible?
2019-7-17
Use props
shootingpandas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50279 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Replies reward +7 Points

ari_za Posted at 7-17 05:15
Ok now the question on everyones mind - are we going to get ActiveTrack 3.0 support for the Ronin-S as well?

That is exactly the question, what I logged in for ;) !

+1
2019-7-17
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

Just what I've always wanted! Curious though what the RSS Control Cable for Panasonic entails? Will the Multi-Camera Control Cable that come with the regular package not work on a Panasonic camera like the GH5?
2019-7-17
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

I will ignore DJI in future if they don't implement these features in Ronin S. We were the first customers who believed in DJI and discussed these features here a lot. And what we see? New product with these features and not in our original product....
2019-7-17
Use props
LTS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41155 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Yes.. I am hoping that these developments make their way into the Ronin-S.  They would be very welcome.
2019-7-17
Use props
aerography.pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012687 ft
Portugal

Replies reward +7 Points

LTS Posted at 7-17 06:22
Yes.. I am hoping that these developments make their way into the Ronin-S.  They would be very welcome.

Yes! Fujifilm support for example
2019-7-17
Use props
fans48e459d1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262287 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Replies reward +7 Points

wow so good. just purchased directly
2019-7-17
Use props
Karol Filipiak
New

Poland

Replies reward +7 Points

Is it possible that DJI Ronin SC fits Nikon D5XXX SLR?
2019-7-17
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

DJI Panda Posted at 7-17 05:33
Ronin-SC Comprehensive Camera & Lens Compatibility Testing - Continuously Updated>>

Thank you for these tests! I guess it would be a lot more work from you guys, but I was hoping to have the lens weights somewhat listed as well. There are some lens "codes" in there but I can't read what lenses they are.

My lenses are in the 410g weight range so I was hoping to get some clarification if it'll work with a focus system, or if my GH5 setup will be too front-heavy to balance. The Ronin-SC Pro is already on my cart, just waiting to pull the trigger!

Thank you!
2019-7-17
Use props
Tsz Yau Cheung
New

Hong Kong

Replies reward +7 Points

Hi, I wonder if Ronin SC is compatible with Canon 80D with 18-135mm lens? Thanks
2019-7-17
Use props
MaxBull
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +7 Points

it’s obvious DJI won’t release new firmware for Ronin S to add the Active tracking feature as a marketing move. I’m disappointed DJI !!
2019-7-17
Use props
aerography.pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012687 ft
Portugal

Replies reward +7 Points

MaxBull Posted at 7-17 07:19
it’s obvious DJI won’t release new firmware for Ronin S to add the Active tracking feature as a marketing move. I’m disappointed DJI !!

but why? this product is different, the payload (<2kg) is an example....
2019-7-17
Use props
fistolo
lvl.1
Italy

Replies reward +7 Points

when the long awaited firmware update for Fujifilm X-T3 on Ronin-S? maybe with the new developments?
2019-7-17
Use props
ArizonaFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250932 ft
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

I'm going to get one someday! Promise!
2019-7-17
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

Will it hold a Sony A7 iii with a 24-105 f4 or a 16-35 f4?
2019-7-17
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

I'm guessing it has performance issues before reaching 2kg payload
2019-7-17
Use props
Alan Yuen
lvl.1

Canada

Replies reward +7 Points

Please update the ronin S to have active track. It’s obviously using he same coding and app. If you’re going to release a lower end gimbal you have to at least port the new features to the ronin s users.
2019-7-17
Use props
Snarkvadim
lvl.4
Russia

Replies reward +7 Points

Now you can throw away the unfinished model and urgently buy this?
2019-7-17
Use props
GoodmanRP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Replies reward +7 Points

Will it be compatible with Canon EOS RP ??
2019-7-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

GoodmanRP Posted at 7-17 10:27
Will it be compatible with Canon EOS RP ??

Well, I'm not currently using a mirrorless camera but this looks pretty cool.  
2019-7-17
Use props
SanneST
New

Denmark

Replies reward +7 Points

Very very nice! ;)

Kind regards

----------------------
Owner and content creater and filantrophist at:
purepleasure.dk
2019-7-17
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Replies reward +7 Points

I'm tempted.
2019-7-17
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Replies reward +7 Points

Excellent product!
DJI still best of the best!
2019-7-17
Use props
NikolaiZ1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2399698 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +7 Points

Awesome new product!

I certainly hope so it would suck to have the more advanced version and not be able to take advantage of these amazing features
2019-7-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules