Latest list of suitable phones for Osmo Pocket ?
642 5 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I'm just about to start a new phone contract.

Can someone point me to the current list of suitable phones for the Osmo Pocket please?  (Will most likely go the Android route as that's what I'm use to)

John
2019-7-17
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I have never seen an updated list. I would say just go for a Huawei phone with a higher spec. a P10 or Honour 9 or higher. I suspect anything with a USB-C and high enough video capture range to match the Pocket's resolution and frame rate should work. I'm just waiting for my current contract to expire so I can upgrade in November.
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You could check the phone compatibility by visiting the DJI Mimo app page using this link: https://www.dji.com/mimo. You may refer to the screenshot below for compatible devices. Thank you for your support.

2019-7-17
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-17 08:40
I have never seen an updated list. I would say just go for a Huawei phone with a higher spec. a P10 or Honour 9 or higher. I suspect anything with a USB-C and high enough video capture range to match the Pocket's resolution and frame rate should work. I'm just waiting for my current contract to expire so I can upgrade in November.

Thank you for that info.  Do you know what the current situation is with Huawei phones and not being able to use Google Play etc?
2019-7-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

John Walker Posted at 7-18 09:22
Thank you for that info.  Do you know what the current situation is with Huawei phones and not being able to use Google Play etc?

You wouldn't know there was a problem John. I have little use for Google Play but can I get it off my phone? No. Nor can I stop it sending me emails. As far as the Mimo App is concerned I get it earlier from the Huawei app site before it arrives on Google play. None of my apps have come from Google Play anyway so on a personal level it doesn't bother me much. The only thing I do have is a google email account on the phone but I also have a non-Google email address as well.
The Andriod operating system is Google. I don't think any threats from any world leaders are going to do much to alter that as the pressure from the people that really make the world work is business and they would lose out big time. I have found out I will be able to upgrade in two months and my next phone will be a Huawei. I think it will be the P20. Pro which is being offered at a very good price on contract at present.
2019-7-18
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-18 14:15
You wouldn't know there was a problem John. I have little use for Google Play but can I get it off my phone? No. Nor can I stop it sending me emails. As far as the Mimo App is concerned I get it earlier from the Huawei app site before it arrives on Google play. None of my apps have come from Google Play anyway so on a personal level it doesn't bother me much. The only thing I do have is a google email account on the phone but I also have a non-Google email address as well.
The Andriod operating system is Google. I don't think any threats from any world leaders are going to do much to alter that as the pressure from the people that really make the world work is business and they would lose out big time. I have found out I will be able to upgrade in two months and my next phone will be a Huawei. I think it will be the P20. Pro which is being offered at a very good price on contract at present.

Thanks again
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules