Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S VS Ronin SC
12Next >
9912 60 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PsDD1nXf84sr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

Ronin S vs Ronin SC  Hello DJI and Forum Members,  It has been a few days now since I purchase the Ronins S standard kit for my canon gear for video filming, I did start with the Osmo mobile and still use it for the active track. Now I just saw that you have a new product line Ronin SC which is much lighter and the weight does not concern me at all or the pricing.

What bugs me is that I purchase much more expensive equipment than the Ronin SC, but the software and modes that it has to offer is much better than the Ronin S. For having a more expensive gear, the Ronin S should have the same type of modes to offer like the Ronin SC and much more, like active track, POV mode, force mobile, both software app should be the same and no different from each other, in fact the Ronin S should be the better equipment since it is more expensive than the Ronin SC.   

I was a proud owner of the Ronin S, but having to notice the smaller version, the lighter weight, the more options of modes to offer, Ronin SC has better mode settings than the Ronin S.   

The next update for the Ronin S should include Active Track, POV mode, force mobile which allows you to move your phone around and easily control it without touching or pressing any buttons, like the smaller version Ronin SC. The Ronin S should be the bigger version and the better version for the larger cameras and should have better app software.   For the owners of the Ronin S, here is a link that you will notice the difference. Click on the link bellow why the smaller version has the better modes.  Ronin S vs Ronin SC

2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, about the new features to Ronin-S, please refer to this thread by our engineer: https://forum.dji.com/thread-194208-1-1.html Thank you for your understanding.
2019-7-22
Use props
djiuser_PsDD1nXf84sr
lvl.4
Canada

Please update the firmware for Active Track, Force Mobile, FPV Mode.
2019-7-17
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
First Officer
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

I agree. I just got my Ronin S a month ago and I’m already feeling outdated. Lol.
2019-7-17
Use props
Dizdrumz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141654 ft
Mexico

Yeah I agree. They need to update the firmware
2019-7-17
Use props
Dizdrumz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141654 ft
Mexico

Yeah I agree. They need to update the firmware
2019-7-17
Use props
hedron
lvl.3
United States

I found a new Accessory for Ronin S, phone holder.

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-sc-phone-holder

The Ronin-S/SC Phone Holder securely attaches to the camera's hot shoe mount to enable ActiveTrack 3.0 and attaches to the RSA port when using the mobile device as a camera monitor, enabling quick access to camera parameter adjustment.

I hope The next update for the Ronin S should include Active Track, POV mode, force mobile soon.

2019-7-17
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.4
Germany

Only thing I wished for would be a real remote control
2019-7-17
Use props
Chubauk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Agreed. My setup is too heavy for the Ronin SC, and I really could do with Active track, especially.
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_PsDD1nXf84sr
lvl.4
Canada

When that new Ronin SC came out, they should have done a firmware update with a brand new app for our Ronin S, I feel ripped off for not having the same type of app or should have been way better.
2019-7-17
Use props
cwest
New

United States

+1

It would have been great if DJI had included an update for the Ronin-S when they released the SC. Either way, hopefully that update is coming soon!
2019-7-17
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.4
Canada

There is a lot being sold used ronin s, sales will go down since the ronin Sc  is here.
2019-7-17
Use props
Asidhowz
lvl.1

Ireland

Really would expect the more 'higher end' Ronin s to get a nice firmware update with all the new modes... Why cripple your own  more expensive hardware???
2019-7-17
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.4
Canada

Asidhowz Posted at 7-17 14:33
Really would expect the more 'higher end' Ronin s to get a nice firmware update with all the new modes... Why cripple your own  more expensive hardware???

Yeah thats what they should really concentrate on.
2019-7-17
Use props
fans1fd2846a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508976 ft
Mexico

Come on DJI. Just tell us, is the S going to have everything the SC has or not? I don’t want my hopes to get too high on this.
2019-7-17
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.4
Canada

fans1fd2846a Posted at 7-17 16:46
Come on DJI. Just tell us, is the S going to have everything the SC has or not? I don’t want my hopes to get too high on this.

What they should have done is to give the Ronin S user the best perks and modes money can buy before realesing the Ronin SC. Now people that has a smaller cameras that has the Ronin S are up for sale. All i have ro say, keeo it up DJI and im sure many are upset, we payed twuce that much abs we should get the better end of the deal.
2019-7-17
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.4
Canada

Here another review about the Ronin SC
https://youtu.be/M5PXB0p6VUM
2019-7-17
Use props
fansc34963e8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8524 ft
Italy

im very disappointed
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_XleVWU2k0R1u
lvl.3
Canada

DJI - Please issue a statement on the development roadpath you've created for the Ronin S.   If it's bad news it's better to tell than make people wait for something that's not coming...  (seems likely it's bad news, if you had good news you would have reassured us by now).

... Your Ronin S customers are your bread and butter - Early adopters, brand ambassadors...  don't peeve them off,  they want to be long-time customers...
2019-7-18
Use props
Willhan
lvl.1
Belgium

Ronin S needs firmware update, not promises for updates
2019-7-18
Use props
Willhan
lvl.1
Belgium

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 7-17 18:11
Here another review about the Ronin SC
https://youtu.be/M5PXB0p6VUM

We don't need to promote the SC. We need engineers who care about the original product or at least an explanation on why development has stopped for the S  
2019-7-18
Use props
djiuser_xJqdkKCAWyeP
lvl.1

United States

damn, I just bought the Ronin S on Monday, it's not even delivered yet. I want that active track 3!
2019-7-18
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.4
Canada

For all the Ronin S users, share this post and keep this up. I want our voice to be heard and make all the bad reviews, comments, videos etc... It's not suprising that nobody from DJI is replying to this post or any of us.

2019-7-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

djiuser_xJqdkKCAWyeP Posted at 7-18 06:24
damn, I just bought the Ronin S on Monday, it's not even delivered yet. I want that active track 3!

My free advice (for what it is worth), send it back - and wait with money in your pocket.
Until Ronin S has same features the Ronin SC has that you need, you are going to be displeased.

After observing how long it took DJI to provide firmware to fix problems with one drone and provide marketed features of another drone, you are going to be frustrated for a long time.
2019-7-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Willhan Posted at 7-18 06:12
We don't need to promote the SC. We need engineers who care about the original product or at least an explanation on why development has stopped for the S

at least an explanation on why development has stopped for the S

Based on observing other products, DJI got Ronin S working okay, and DJI has moved on.

DJI is focused on Ronin SC for moment.  Followed by change in focus to future Ronin X, model Y.

2019-7-18
Use props
pantkouts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119094 ft
Greece

I just bought it one month ago!!! We need ActiveTrack!!!!!!!!!!
2019-7-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2019-7-18
Use props
fans5f0824ee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096339 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 7-18 07:18
at least an explanation on why development has stopped for the S

Based on observing other products, DJI got Ronin S working okay, and DJI has moved on.

Most correct statement here.
2019-7-18
Use props
Nelsong
United Kingdom

I bought my just over a month. Feeling unloved by DJI.  I would love the remote active tracking etc please dji. Why nobody from dji replying?
2019-7-19
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

What a shame to release a product that costs much less than the Ronin-s and leave from March 14 all users who have purchased it with a firmware firm in its development, incompatible with many mirrorless and DSLR. DJI you're offending everyone who believed in your flagship product. Change course and make all Ronin-S owners happy again, many complain not to ignore the complaints of all your customers.  I have several DJI products, but your policy disappointed me.
2019-7-19
Use props
LTS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41155 ft
United States

It's simple for me.  Either they update the Ronin-S or I will no longer be purchasing DJI products.  I will sell off what I have and be done with the company.

There's a short window for them to address this.  It was bad enough with the Sony MCC cable debacle.  But there is no reason that we're left out of these updates on the Ronin-S while the SC (the "compact" version) of the S gets the features.  I can't imagine the platform is that much different.

Of course we don't know because the lack of communication from DJI.  That really adds to the frustration level.
2019-7-19
Use props
fans20427f41
lvl.1

Qatar

Come on Dji do better than that. Please give us the updates of the ronin sc, for us ronin s users, thank you.
2019-7-19
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.4
Canada

Dji the longer you wait, the faster sales decrease for the Ronin S. Increase of used Ronin S are being sold now and plenty of disappointed owners.

Get that feature we deserve to have.

Active Track, FPV mode, force mobile mode.

Even my dji osmo mobile has more modes lol.
2019-7-19
Use props
Einfachlaurenz
lvl.1
Sweden

Agree to y'all.
2019-7-19
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.4
Canada

Can't believe it without any response or any type of replies. Not even any post of updates coming soon...
2019-7-19
Use props
mikeev261
lvl.3
United States

Guys, I would be very surprised if DJI didn't bring over every new SC software feature over to the much more expensive S. The S isn't going away. They still need to maintain its value and sell it.
2019-7-19
Use props
TioRi
lvl.3

Brazil

They know people are not happy they already responded to many and am vsure they give the S the needed love. The SC is for lighter cameras so its  good to have the SC. They did not  make a Ronin with counterweights that you could do yourself.
2019-7-19
Use props
Diz Garcia
New

Mexico

mikeev261 Posted at 7-19 12:46
Guys, I would be very surprised if DJI didn't bring over every new SC software feature over to the much more expensive S. The S isn't going away. They still need to maintain its value and sell it.

I really hope this is the case. i need to use the Ronin S because of the heavier payload and these features could be very handy.
2019-7-19
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.4
Canada

Still waiting for a reply or any type of response from DJI.
2019-7-20
Use props
mikeev261
lvl.3
United States

youtube.com/rtrrey Posted at 7-20 15:20
Still waiting for a reply or any type of response from DJI.

In case you guys haven't caught-on by now, DJI usually doesn't promise incoming features until they're done and ready. The fact that they've said nothing is a GOOD sign that it's coming. There is already a compatible phone holder coming for the S, and the only practical reason to have this is for ActiveTrack. I expect they won't announce the feature until this accessory is ready and shipping.

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-sc-phone-holder
2019-7-20
Use props
kazcow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It seems like DJI CrystalSky all over again... Premium Pro product - left behind by the "cheaper" consumer alternative.

It is beginning to look like a trend.
2019-7-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules