10014 60 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

mikeev261 Posted at 7-20 15:30
In case you guys haven't caught-on by now, DJI usually doesn't promise incoming features until they're done and ready. The fact that they've said nothing is a GOOD sign that it's coming. There is already a compatible phone holder coming for the S, and the only practical reason to have this is for ActiveTrack. I expect they won't announce the feature until this accessory is ready and shipping.

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-sc-phone-holder

Yes a good way to create more exchangeable parts from the Ronin SC to Ronin S since they are both the same and the Ronin S has many accessories to offer for the Ronin SC, more ways to spend more funds for us that have the Ronin S and the Ronin SC. As the Ronin SC is a smaller version with more features added on, just having those features created heavy sales and a better way for people with smaller cameras to easily switch over, I just recently purchased one for my GF since it's much lighter and cost less.

But still, they may show that they offer a phone holder does not mean 100% that we will get that feature that the Ronin SC has to offer, Ronin S may just be a larger version with manual controls only, they may just keep both different, or they just wait for the sales on the Ronin SC to decrease and then we may just get a surprise for a firmware update and for those who have the Ronin SC may end up like we did, not happy with the product Ronin SC.

The bottom line, DJI is not here to make us happy, (they would have given us this feature way before the Ronin SC came out), they are here to help us spend the hard-earned money we have.

As for now, I am not a big fan of DJI for doing this to us Ronin S users.

Then again what do I know?

2019-7-21
Use props
Tamino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3567592 ft
Switzerland

Flyin Ryan 420 Posted at 7-17 08:51
I agree. I just got my Ronin S a month ago and I’m already feeling outdated. Lol.

Yeah me too... I wish we will get the new features!
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, about the new features to Ronin-S, please refer to this thread by our engineer: https://forum.dji.com/thread-194208-1-1.html Thank you for your understanding.
2019-7-22
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

I know I haven't been around in this forum that long or replied to any, until now since how upsetting it is to purchase something from DJI a few days before the new Ronin SC came out with the same modes from the Osmo Mobile 1, Osmo Mini, and nothing for the Ronin S which is more costly for us consumers to have, but I have read many posts on here and read many future rumour updates that will be coming for the Ronin S, this is why I made this post from the begining.

This Modes/Features could have been added on the day when the Ronin SC came out, at this point for everyone to know.

I think there might be a bigger picture issue behind the scene with the hardware or chip for the Ronin S. What I am trying to say is? The Ronin S is much larger, holds bigger cameras, The Ronin SC is much smaller, holds smaller cameras, both may look the same from the outside, but could it be different in the inside?

How many times us buyers will here this:
"We place user experience as one of the highest priorities when it comes to developing our products and we want to ensure the best user experience at all times. We are currently exploring the possibilities of adding these functions and more to the Ronin S in the future. Due to the vast amount of compatible camera and lens combinations, this will take some time to analyze to ensure it meets our expectations and most importantly, our customers." Looks like copy and paste to me.

"Due to the vast amount of compatible camera and lens combinations."

Firmware updates for cameras can wait, we all can wait... Modes/Functions from the Osmo, Ronin SC is what Ronin S users want "NOW". Active Track, Force Mobile, FPV Mode is what we all want "NOW".

This is a Question for DJI. why did the Osmo Mobile 1 & 2, Osmo Mini, Drones, The Ronin SC have that the Ronin S don't have? Let me answer that question for you, (Active Track), we want this first before updating any firmware for other cameras.

Too much talking, not enough walking...

2019-7-22
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

DJI, just hold back with the firmware update on compatibility for other cameras on the Ronin S, focus on firmware update on Active Track, FPV mode, Force mobile features first before focusing on other cameras. Focus on the people that have this Ronin S users before trying to please people that don't have the Ronin S.

Plain and simple...
2019-7-22
Use props
Dizdrumz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141654 ft
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-22 00:37
Hi all, about the new features to Ronin-S, please refer to this thread by our engineer: https://forum.dji.com/thread-194208-1-1.html Thank you for your understanding.

Well at least we have some sort of a response now.
2019-7-23
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Dizdrumz Posted at 7-23 10:44
Well at least we have some sort of a response now.

More like didnt know how to respond or what to say. Let's see how long this will take? I bet they will have a  Ronin S #2.

Then again, what do I know...
2019-7-23
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Ronin-SC VS Ronin-S

2019-7-23
Use props
fans51aaa104
New

Japan

dji purchase guide 101 : sell ur gear at month 11th, because on 12th month new cheaper more advanced device will b released
2019-7-25
Use props
fansc2988743
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988061 ft
United States

It's like Dji is making us pay for their mistakes.Also people werent allowed to make an informed decision no one even knew the SC was being developed it just popped out from nowhere.I wont spend a penny found on the ground with Dji unless they make this right.Its moves like this that are allowing competitors to close the gap on dji
2019-7-26
Use props
fansc2988743
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988061 ft
United States

mikeev261 Posted at 7-20 15:30
In case you guys haven't caught-on by now, DJI usually doesn't promise incoming features until they're done and ready. The fact that they've said nothing is a GOOD sign that it's coming. There is already a compatible phone holder coming for the S, and the only practical reason to have this is for ActiveTrack. I expect they won't announce the feature until this accessory is ready and shipping.

https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-sc-phone-holder

Only problem with your theory is that active track works by connecting the phone via hotshoe.Releasing a mechanical phone holder implies nothing concerning the S getting active track.
2019-7-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think an A6400 w/ the 18-105mm lens would be great but if you have an A7 III w/ a 24-240mm it sucks.  It would be like putting a Hassleblad 1" on a Spark drone.

Component matching is as important as having the right players on the field in a Professional game.  If you have too many WR and no linebackers you will lose.  If you have all 3-point shooters but no center you will lose.

They can't release the Activetrack 3.0 on the S yet so people who have the S can buy the SC being confused.  Once people find out how bad it is, people will buy the S then they will release Activetrack 3.0 unless the onboard computer does not have the PCB chips to perform Activetrack 3.0 but according to the video, manual mode is better.
2019-7-27
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

2019-7-27
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Canada

Has anyone notice that this forum post is no longer listed on the Ronin-S or Ronin? It has been moved or deleted...
2019-7-27
Use props
fanse9f021be
New
Netherlands

Why there is no android verion for force mobile yet, only on iOs? Please get it updated as soon as possible please..
2019-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think S is better equipped to take much bigger DSLR’s , it’s more for pro use it’s a much superior build pros aren’t interested in gimmicks they’re interested in filming , we see quite often with pro cameras for instance medium format, they don’t carry all bells and whistles but have all the necessary to take much better photography, and as far as I can see that’s the difference here, to many people think their professional but not professional enough in the gear they need for that, and for those who say it’s because dji are just moving on well they’re just idiots .
2019-7-31
Use props
AerialZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, us SC guys are also awaiting Force Mobile to work with Android...
2019-8-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good video
2019-8-4
Use props
Librebowski
lvl.3
United States

Biggest difference is the development side of the Ronin-s has been at a stand still since march as far as anyone can tell as reflected in the firmware releases.
2019-8-9
Use props
Yamax
lvl.2
Australia

Hi, anyone here know what tripod would be compatible with the Ronin SC  quick release plate?  or if there is a way to make this easier and avoid have to rebalance the gimbal every time.
2019-8-27
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Does Ronin SC has POV mode ? That's a deal breaker right there, Thanks
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules