Can I charge an Inspire 1 remote with my P4 charger?
1808 7 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Hi team!

Can I charge an Inspire 1 remote (GL658A) with the charger I got with my P4?

Regards
Georg
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend using the charger for the Inspire 1 as using the different charger may cause incompatibility matter. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-7-17
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

The charger for the Inspire has an output of 26.1 Volts, the charger for the Phantom 4 has an output of 17.4 Volts... so I doubt you can use the latter to charge the Inspire remote.
2019-7-18
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

Antonio76 Posted at 7-18 06:42
The charger for the Inspire has an output of 26.1 Volts, the charger for the Phantom 4 has an output of 17.4 Volts... so I doubt you can use the latter to charge the Inspire remote.

Is that not the output for the flight battery?

I'm thinking that the output for the controller battery might be the same?
2019-7-18
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

I read the user manuals for both the Inspire and the Phantom 4. Both remotes use a 6000 mAh, 2S battery pack.
So I'm thinking both chargers probably deliver around 9 Volts and a max current at around 2 A since it takes around three hours to charge the remote.

So as long as the polarity and physical design of the connectors are the same (it look like it) it should not be a problem to charge an Inspire remote
with a Phantom 4 charger.

But it would be cool if someone could confirm.
2019-7-19
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

george_007 Posted at 7-19 02:55
I read the user manuals for both the Inspire and the Phantom 4. Both remotes use a 6000 mAh, 2S battery pack.
So I'm thinking both chargers probably deliver around 9 Volts and a max current at around 2 A since it takes around three hours to charge the remote.

I took the data from DJI datasheets concerning the respective chargers, available at the DJI Store. Other than that I cannot say.... Wish you well
2019-7-19
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Sweden

Antonio76 Posted at 7-19 23:21
I took the data from DJI datasheets concerning the respective chargers, available at the DJI Store. Other than that I cannot say.... Wish you well

Just to clarify. The two connectors on a DJI charger deliver differerent voltage. One connector is for charging the flight battery. The voltage for this is different between an Inspire and a Phantom. Which you also stated in your reply earlier. This is because the Phantom 4 use a 4 cell battery while the Inspire use a 6 cell battery.

However, the other connector on the charger is for charging the remote controller. The remote controller only have a 2 cell battery so the charger needs to deliver another voltage to this connector. typically max charge voltage for a lithium battery is around 4.3 volt giving 8.6 volt max charging voltage for a 2 cell battery.

As you see the two connectors are very different in voltage.

Regards
Georg
2019-7-20
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

george_007 Posted at 7-20 10:48
Just to clarify. The two connectors on a DJI charger deliver differerent voltage. One connector is for charging the flight battery. The voltage for this is different between an Inspire and a Phantom. Which you also stated in your reply earlier. This is because the Phantom 4 use a 4 cell battery while the Inspire use a 6 cell battery.

However, the other connector on the charger is for charging the remote controller. The remote controller only have a 2 cell battery so the charger needs to deliver another voltage to this connector. typically max charge voltage for a lithium battery is around 4.3 volt giving 8.6 volt max charging voltage for a 2 cell battery.

Got it

Hilsen fra Nordjylland
2019-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules