Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Filters
897 11 2019-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Motta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

I know its probably been asked a few thousand times but,  the best mid priced filters for the Air?

2019-7-17
Use props
Dakar Enduro
First Officer
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Senegal

Yes
I have been very satisfied with this kit of 6 for around $48.  

FILTER SET
2019-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Try Skyreat they are always good value.
2019-7-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skyreat are good and price are reasonable.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide their recommendation about using filters with your Mavic Air. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-18
Use props
TakeFlite
First Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Polar Pro for sure from my experience but depends how much you're willing to spend.
2019-7-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes Polar Pro are good ones I have seen.
2019-7-18
Use props
Mr. Motta
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the replies. Ive read that Polar Pros are probably the best. But they are costly. I have tried F Stop lenses . Didnt like them. Ordered the  Skyreat ones. See what happens....
2019-7-18
Use props
WernerD
Captain
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Speaking of asked a thousand times....what are filters good for?

In theory I understand, you want shutter speeds to match the fps, so at 30fps the shutter is preferably at 1/30 or something like that.
In reality, you would need to change the filter density constantly for a fixed aperture camera depending on if you fly towards the sun or away and film something dark or light.
Hence I state flying without filter is better, because then you get the maximum light and if it is too much light, the shutter speeds gets adjusted, e.g. to 1/4000.
The major downside of quick shutter speeds is that the video looks jitterish. No smooth movement but visual jumps. But adding motion blur in post production is no problem.

(One thing is clear, if the shortest shutter is 1/4000 and the image is overexposed, yes, then you need filters. No other way around. Does that eve happen?)

Do you concur with my synopsis or am I missing a fact.

2019-7-21
Use props
TakeFlite
First Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

WernerD Posted at 7-21 11:34
Speaking of asked a thousand times....what are filters good for?

In theory I understand, you want shutter speeds to match the fps, so at 30fps the shutter is preferably at 1/30 or something like that.

Yes it certainly can be a lot of changing the filters around during flights for different lighting etc but they can be necessary for some things like long exposure shots or if your know exactly what you're shooting e.g waves you will only need 1 for the whole flight, but yes generally it can be a bit of a hassle.
2019-7-21
Use props
Dakar Enduro
First Officer
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Senegal

I am no expert.  Not a pro videographer.  

Yes your synopsis sounds accurate to me.  But we (or myself) try to mitigate the sun effects as best we can while still providing cinematic footage.  We select a compatible filter for the current flight conditions and go out and fly.  Just because I face the sun or fly away from it I am not changing the filters for those shots.  I could if I was a pro and trying to make a living from my footage I suppose.

I guess for me it is simply choosing the best filter for that situation and if it means certain sections of the footage will be underexposes/overexposed then that's fine.

I know filters are useful.  There is a reason why pro video cameras come with them built in.
2019-7-21
Use props
Mr. Motta
Second Officer
United States

I received the Skyreats. Havent tried them yet. Lets see what happens....
2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules