Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin_SC with X-T3 Fujifilm
12434 29 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefano poma
lvl.1

Italy

Hi,

I am new to the world of stabilizer, and I am searching a good gimbal for my X-T3 + 18-55 and 35mm 1.4.

I think that the Ronin SC could be a good choice, but the compatibility with my camera is not perfect; I have never used a gimbal so I don’t understand very well the difference of compatibility that I read on the official compatibility list.

Of course with the xt3 I can use the basic gimbal function,

the web site says that there isn’t the “Start/stop recording video ”, so for start a video I should click on the camera button and not on the gimbal.

There isn’t “Zoom control(digital or optical)” and I don’t understand what this means. The Pro Combo version of Ronin sc have the Focus wheel and focus motor, can I use it? Or doesn’t it works on Fuji? Or “Zoom control” is something else?

Another missing features is the “Pull focus electronically”, what does it means? What can’t I do with my Fuji?

I also have doubts about the news of this Ronin SC, there are a lot of different cool features that I am not sure I can use on my XT3

• ·         Timelapse & Motionlapse
  • ·         3D Roll 360
  • ·         Sport mode
  • ·         ActiveTrack 3.0
  • ·         Force Mobile
  • ·         Use smartphone as monitor

To conclude what features I lost using an XT3?

Thank you very much.

2019-7-18
Use props
djiuser_Z71G5B2bwAI1
New
Flight distance : 20282 ft
Germany

The only thing you can control with the gimbal is "Trigger Autofocus" and "Take Picture". Nothing else. All gimbals on the market have bad support for Fujifilm :-(
2019-7-19
Use props
djiuser_Z71G5B2bwAI1
New
Germany

Pull focus electronically: That means you can control the focus without the external focus motor. No support for Fuji. Only chance to have this is by using the focus motor and the wheel. But i dont know how good this works on fuji lenses.
2019-7-19
Use props
djiuser_Z71G5B2bwAI1
New
Germany

Works:

Timelapse & Motionlapse
3D Roll 360
Sport mode
ActiveTrack 3.0
Force Mobile (only iOS right now)

Doesnt work:
Use smartphone as monitor - That only means, you can attach your phone via the phone holder to the gimbal. For a liveview of the camera you need an extra app. Sadly the Fuji app is quite .... YOu can't change into fullscreen mode. So it's useless.
2019-7-19
Use props
stefano poma
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_Z71G5B2bwAI1 Posted at 7-19 02:02
Pull focus electronically: That means you can control the focus without the external focus motor. No support for Fuji. Only chance to have this is by using the focus motor and the wheel. But i dont know how good this works on fuji lenses.

The focus motor and whell are a mechanic instrument, correct?
It moves the lens like and hand, or are there some electronic contact that could not work with Fuji?

The pro combo version is "only" 100€ more and if the focus motor works correctly even with vintage lens could be a good features for my use.

Can I use it also with only manual and vintage lens? Or is need an electronic connection with the lens?
2019-7-19
Use props
stefano poma
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_Z71G5B2bwAI1 Posted at 7-19 02:10
Works:

Timelapse & Motionlapse

Ok great everything works. But the use of smartphone like motor could be useful.

Does someone knows a possible solution for this?

Or the only solution is to buy an external monitor?
2019-7-19
Use props
stefano poma
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_Z71G5B2bwAI1 Posted at 7-19 01:56
The only thing you can control with the gimbal is "Trigger Autofocus" and "Take Picture". Nothing else. All gimbals on the market have bad support for Fujifilm :-(

Does "trigger autofocus" means that I can move the Af point with the gimbal?

Thank you
2019-7-19
Use props
stefano poma
lvl.1

Italy

Works:

Timelapse & Motionlapse

Sorry but does the active track 3.0 need the smartphone ?
If I can't use it how could I use the active track 3.0?
2019-7-20
Use props
Lwp1982
New
Flight distance : 35715 ft
United Kingdom

Works:

Timelapse & Motionlapse

So if there is no live view dose that mean active track won’t work if using a XT3?
2019-7-20
Use props
Jezper
lvl.1
Sweden

Works:

Timelapse & Motionlapse

I'm not able to trigger timelapse or motionlapse, is there a trick I don't know? USB is connected, but the camera isn't snapping any photos while gimbal is moving.
2019-7-30
Use props
legarth
lvl.1
Denmark

I just got the Ronin SC for use with my XT-3. It really is disappointing that it doesn't have full control. Is this a DJI or a Fuji firmware issue? Surely this can be added?
2019-8-1
Use props
fans1f3939c8
New
Canada

Same here!

The Ronin SC is essentially manual only with the XT3.

I thought it was just me. I have the latest firmware updates on both Fuji and Ronin SC. When I plug in USB C the camera displays “USB CONNECTED”. The Ronin app does not take photos for any of their capture features and it’s a complete bummer.
2019-8-1
Use props
m.hertenberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I have a similar issue - I have tried a variety of different tethering/connection settings on the X-T3 and the best I can do is get it to focus when I press the record button on the SC. None of the create modes (landscape/timelapse/etc.) take any pictures either. My camera and SC are on the latest firmware.
2019-8-1
Use props
fansab64ecac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17123 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I also recently bought dj ronin sc, cuz it was said it supported fujifilm...i only use my x-t3 now for filming, excellent quality and a lightwright which is a must when i used it on the heavy ronin s...i truly hope that DJI can at least get a stop start recording on the dji ronin sc, which in other ways are the winner in gimbals out there now!!
2019-8-2
Use props
papedo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693425 ft
Austria

Jezper Posted at 7-30 13:10
I'm not able to trigger timelapse or motionlapse, is there a trick I don't know? USB is connected, but the camera isn't snapping any photos while gimbal is moving.

what is your focus mode set to? and did you set the PC Connection to "USB Auto"?

btw. i´m also quite disappointed with the compatibility between the SC and any Fujifilm Camera
2019-8-3
Use props
m.hertenberger
First Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Have checked this again - the Ronin-SC works fine with my Sony A7iii. For the Fuji X-T3, the restrictions on use are as per the attached:

There is little functionality beyond using the SC as a gimbal, for now.
2019-8-4
Use props
gxxr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27323 ft
Austria

But "Capture photo" should be sufficient for panorama, motion timelapse etc. via the app, correct?

I got my ronin sc yesterday, and none of this was working. I'll try again tonight, but if it doesn't work, I'll probably return the device. That is not "x-t3 support" in my eyes.
2019-8-6
Use props
gxxr
lvl.1
Austria

Got it to work now, by plugging in the cable the other way round. Now the stills functions seem to work ok.
2019-8-7
Use props
m.hertenberger
First Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

I will try that - wasn't a consideration of mine until you mentioned it... All I have been able to get is focus on button press, but no panorama, etc. through the app nor still shots using the button.
2019-8-7
Use props
Snoopybris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 457343 ft
  • >>>
Australia

gxxr Posted at 8-7 06:32
Got it to work now, by plugging in the cable the other way round. Now the stills functions seem to work ok.

Do the stills that you have taken with Ronin SC look better - sharper?
Do you notice any difference using the Ronin SC?

Thanks.
2019-8-8
Use props
gxxr
lvl.1
Austria

Snoopybris Posted at 8-8 04:34
Do the stills that you have taken with Ronin SC look better - sharper?
Do you notice any difference using the Ronin SC?

Not really. My shots always look sharp ;)
The only application for me is timelapse/motion timelapse. Maybe as a tripod replacement when I don't have my tripod with me.
2019-8-8
Use props
gxxr
lvl.1
Austria

m.hertenberger Posted at 8-7 20:26
I will try that - wasn't a consideration of mine until you mentioned it... All I have been able to get is focus on button press, but no panorama, etc. through the app nor still shots using the button.

Did you press the button for a long time? It seems to take a while until the shot is actually taken.
2019-8-8
Use props
m.hertenberger
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

gxxr Posted at 8-8 06:06
Did you press the button for a long time? It seems to take a while until the shot is actually taken.

Fiddled with this a little bit. Seems somewhat hit-and-miss. Sometimes, after switching everything off, I need to take the cable out and try again, else all I have is focus. Pano, etc. work. At times, the button press does take quite some time. I don't think turning the cable around is the fix, just seems to be a random combination of how everything is powered on, etc. that dictates whether it works first time. Great stabilization once it's all balanced!
2019-8-12
Use props
sergey salmin
New

Singapore

Taobao 如影富士线sc xt3线控佳能80d快门线xt2 xt20xe3稳定器控制连接线
2019-8-13
Use props
sergey salmin
New

Singapore

I think it solves problems
2019-8-13
Use props
fans4f015090
lvl.1
United States

Just received my SC and having the same issues that everyone else is having on here. Has anyone reached out to DJI or Fuji about this? I’m going to send an email out tonight about it. I’m really frustrated that this still does not work even though they boast it will work with the XT3. I mean isn’t this why we buy these products? For the intention to use it to the fullest potential?
2019-8-18
Use props
fans7b19ee21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797943 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,
Sorry to dig out this old-ish thread, but was just wondering if when using a Fujifilm XT3 on DJI Ronin SC in timelapse mode, does it take pictures at set intervals or would timelapse have to be created in video mode?
2019-8-25
Use props
Aer0Max
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453271 ft
Italy

The timelapse, motionlapse, panorama etc ... all work in photo mode as per manual. Reduce shutter speeds and frames. Time 1 second and 24 frames, give it a try. Make sure the Ronin has recognized the XT3. Then connect the cable, turn on the ROnin Sc and then the camera
2019-8-28
Use props
Snoopybris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

gxxr Posted at 2019-8-8 06:06
Not really. My shots always look sharp ;)
The only application for me is timelapse/motion timelapse. Maybe as a tripod replacement when I don't have my tripod with me.

thanks for your input
2020-1-8
Use props
Snoopybris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aer0Max Posted at 2019-8-28 22:55
The timelapse, motionlapse, panorama etc ... all work in photo mode as per manual. Reduce shutter speeds and frames. Time 1 second and 24 frames, give it a try. Make sure the Ronin has recognized the XT3. Then connect the cable, turn on the ROnin Sc and then the camera

I believe there has been a software update for both the SC and the XT3
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules