Mavic Pro not taking pictures
5579 17 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cap_Awesome
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264432 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro has recently stopped taking pictures. The photo button on the conroller doesn't seem to work and the button in the DJI Go 4 app makes a shutter noise but doesn't take the picture. I read some things saying that the photos are still saved to the SD car but they are not. Occassonally when I turn the drone on it will take a random picture during start up and it will either date it at 2014-1-1 or 2098-1-1 which are both way off. I have tried redownloading the app a couple of times too and occasoanlly it will let me take one or two pictures after that but then it stops working. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
2019-7-18
Use props
fans74c91fdf
New
Australia

I’m having similar issues with date stamps on my photos and finding them on the SD card. Also the thumbnails show as a different image than the actual photo. Will keep searching for a solution.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Cap_Awesome, just to verify, does the issue only appear in taking pictures? How about the recording? You may change or format the SD card to see. If the issue persists, please kindly upload a short video of your operation and the samples of the date issue, we'd like to check.
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans74c91fdf Posted at 7-18 17:47
I’m having similar issues with date stamps on my photos and finding them on the SD card. Also the thumbnails show as a different image than the actual photo. Will keep searching for a solution.

Hi there, just to verify, do you contact your mobile device to shoot when the date stamps are wrong?
2019-7-19
Use props
Cap_Awesome
lvl.1
United States

Not sure what you mean, when using my phone to take the pictures they don't always take consistently either. The drone will occasionally also take pictures on startup randomly which tend to be the ones with incorrect dates if that makes sense
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cap_Awesome Posted at 7-22 13:23
Not sure what you mean, when using my phone to take the pictures they don't always take consistently either. The drone will occasionally also take pictures on startup randomly which tend to be the ones with incorrect dates if that makes sense

May I have a short video of your operation for better assistance?
BTW, please kindly click the reply button under my message so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!
2019-7-23
Use props
Cap_Awesome
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-23 02:35
May I have a short video of your operation for better assistance?
BTW, please kindly click the reply button under my message so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!

What kind of video would you like, it's kind of a hard issue to take a video of but I can try if that is what you need
2019-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cap_Awesome Posted at 7-30 05:32
What kind of video would you like, it's kind of a hard issue to take a video of but I can try if that is what you need

Does the issue appear frequently? It will be better to record the progress when inconsistent pictures appear after pressing the button on the RC and DJI Go 4, please kindly check whether your family or friends can help, thanks so much!
2019-8-1
Use props
Cap_Awesome
lvl.1

Yes the issue happens 99% of the time. I will try and screen capture the issue. Sorry about the long response times.
2019-9-29
Use props
POV Drones
lvl.1

https://youtu.be/VnfdH5cR86o here is a link to the video of the problem, have been trying to find a solution and have been unable to find anything so far. Have seen a few others with this issue though.
2019-10-16
Use props
POV Drones
lvl.1
United States

I also have tried refreshing the firmware on the drone and that did not fix the issue, I am going to try and revert back to an older version as well and see if that changes anything
2019-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

POV Drones Posted at 10-17 18:00
I also have tried refreshing the firmware on the drone and that did not fix the issue, I am going to try and revert back to an older version as well and see if that changes anything

Received with thanks! I'll forward it to our engineers to double check and keep you updated.
2019-10-17
Use props
POV Drones
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-17 22:28
Received with thanks! I'll forward it to our engineers to double check and keep you updated.

Awesome thanks, will do. I am also going to keep looking into solutions
2019-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

POV Drones Posted at 10-18 18:24
Awesome thanks, will do. I am also going to keep looking into solutions

There is one point needs to be confirmed: Are there any cached pictures in the App if don't insert the SD card and press the icon to take pictures? You may also try to use the button on the RC to take pictures or recording and let us know whether it works, thanks!
2019-10-20
Use props
POV Drones
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-20 22:15
There is one point needs to be confirmed: Are there any cached pictures in the App if don't insert the SD card and press the icon to take pictures? You may also try to use the button on the RC to take pictures or recording and let us know whether it works, thanks!

The photos won't cache in the app either. I have tried both with and without an SD card. The button on the remote doesn't seem to work at all either. The recording button is fine and I have had zero issues with recording, only with pictures.
2019-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

POV Drones Posted at 10-22 20:27
The photos won't cache in the app either. I have tried both with and without an SD card. The button on the remote doesn't seem to work at all either. The recording button is fine and I have had zero issues with recording, only with pictures.

Thanks for getting back to us. According to your description, it sounds like the App issue. You may insert the SD card, press the photo button on the remote controller without connecting the App to verify.
2019-10-23
Use props
POV Drones
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-23 00:20
Thanks for getting back to us. According to your description, it sounds like the App issue. You may insert the SD card, press the photo button on the remote controller without connecting the App to verify.

Nothing, I was able to take a video still but was unable to take pictures. The video showed up on the sd card but the pictures didn't
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

POV Drones Posted at 10-23 15:39
Nothing, I was able to take a video still but was unable to take pictures. The video showed up on the sd card but the pictures didn't

Sorry about that. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may start a case and send the unit in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2019-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules