Mavic Air Repair Cost Higher Than Buying New!
3814 5 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vindin
lvl.1

United States

Just sent my Mavic Air in for repair and was told in order to repair the drone and replace the remote controller the total cost, after “discount”, would be $654.25 ($480.25 + $174). This has gotta be a mistake, right? Mavic Air sells for around $650 - $700 on Amazon for brand new including full warranty. And DJI wants $654 to just repair the drone and the remote? It's simply sad to see that DJI charges customers more for refurbished repair units than what we'd pay for brand new.

I've purchased multiple drones from DJI in the past, but if this is how DJI treats her customers when they need post sale support, I will definitely look for alternatives for my next purchase. Please DJI, if you care about your customers at all like any respectable company should, look into this matter and stand behind your products. I'm totally fine with a fair repair cost, but the price you gave was just plain ridiculous.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Vindin, sorry to have issues with your repair case. I managed to pull up your case number and we will coordinate this with the higher level of management for further assistance. We appreciate your patience.
2019-7-18
Use props
Vindin
lvl.1

United States

After waiting for 4 days, this is the response:

"I am afraid to tell you that the solution to your case remains the same. Please do understand that we consider your satisfaction and to provide the support as far as possible, however, we still have policies to abide."

It seems DJI's policy is to grossly overcharge customers for repair service with fees comparable to buying brand new. I guess our policy from now on is to never buy or recommend DJI products.

- A very disappointed customer
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Vindin Posted at 7-23 10:04
After waiting for 4 days, this is the response:

"I am afraid to tell you that the solution to your case remains the same. Please do understand that we consider your satisfaction and to provide the support as far as possible, however, we still have policies to abide."

Sorry to know the resolution remains the same, since your drone was water-damaged, it is beyond the repair, according to the after-sales policy, a replacement service will be provided instead of repair services for the water-damaged aircraft. That is why the invoice is relatively high but the price is the official price. We have provided the final resolution, hope you can consider it.
water-damaged.png
2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_RHXrcnRckUZV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41611 ft

I too just got my repair estimate of $650!!  No controller or anything just the f-ing drone.  I am never going to buy DJI again.  I have asked for itemized cost, hell I can get a new drone with batterys, case etc for $750
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_RHXrcnRckUZV Posted at 9-9 19:40
I too just got my repair estimate of $650!!  No controller or anything just the f-ing drone.  I am never going to buy DJI again.  I have asked for itemized cost, hell I can get a new drone with batterys, case etc for $750

Hi there, water-damaged drone will be beyond the repair and we only provide the replacement service. We managed to get your case number via your Forum account, your concern has been escalated to the higher-level team to see if there is any better resolution can be provided, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently.
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules