12Next >
15407 48 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Socs
lvl.1
United States

Hey,

Got my SC and mounted with the 24-70f4 and z6 and works great.

However, the record button on the gimbal does not work.  
I'm using the usb-c cable provided.

It's doing something because when the cable is plugged in and I turn the motor off, and then go to menu it flashes and returns back from the menu immediately.  This only happens
when the cable is plugged in.

Anything else I need to set to get the record button to work?

2019-7-18
Use props
byrnesvictim
New
Flight distance : 73110 ft
Hong Kong

Same here, was listed as compatible on the PDF list, but I see it's not on the forum list? I'll be returning mine tomorrow to the 'flagship' store in Hong Kong
2019-7-20
Use props
byrnesvictim
New
Flight distance : 73110 ft
Hong Kong

byrnesvictim Posted at 7-20 04:07
Same here, was listed as compatible on the PDF list, but I see it's not on the forum list? I'll be returning mine tomorrow to the 'flagship' store in Hong Kong

Took it to the flagship who played around and got it all working, not sure what they did? Camera is very slow to respond to start/stop video command so that could be part of it?
2019-7-20
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467946 ft
Austria

Hi, could you please test / confirm that focus pulling is working without the motor (if you have the wheel) Thank you
2019-7-25
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Austria

Hi, could you please test / confirm that focus pulling is working without the motor (just the wheel) Thank you - sorry for the double post
2019-7-25
Use props
Montivette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217756 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kanaloa6779 Posted at 7-25 23:21
Hi, could you please test / confirm that focus pulling is working without the motor (if you have the wheel) Thank you

Focus Pull works on Nikon Z6 without need to attach focus motor.  Need to be in AF-S or AF-C.  Also suggest going into application and changing sensitivity setting to low so you have some control. At default setting you turn focus wheel just a hair and focus changes way too much.  
2019-7-28
Use props
funkedpunk
New

Canada

I have the cable plugged into my Z6. I see the green light flashing next to my "i" button even when my camera is OFF, and gimbal ON, which means there's a connection.
However, the even with the camera, gimbal, phone ON, the Record button on the gimbal remains inactive when pressed.
2019-7-31
Use props
djiuser_4fU2fvs9CNDo
lvl.1

United States

Neither the record button or the focus wheel are working for my Z6
2019-7-31
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

^^^ What did support suggest to do when you reached out to them?

2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_4fU2fvs9CNDo
lvl.1

United States

Just got a response from support. They sent me a setup picture from the manual to make sure I was was connected properly and correct settings. I have everything right, but the manual says camera firmware 1.0 and I’m on 2.0. Maybe that’s the issue? Waiting to hear back from them again. We’ll see what happens, but a bit disappointing so far.
2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_4fU2fvs9CNDo
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for your response.

Since the firmware of your camera is version 2.0 and the required version is 1.0, we do recommend to send us a video showing this issue so we can now proceed to forward this information to our senior engineers.

If ever you still have other questions or clarifications please feel free to send us an email we are happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Vian
DJI Customer Support
2019-8-1
Use props
BayouFeller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2533 ft
United States

I noted that the direction that you use the cable matters. Did not work in one direction, but all functions worked as expected the other way. The angled C plug has to be on the Ronin, the straight in one on the Z6.
2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_4fU2fvs9CNDo
lvl.1

United States

Thanks! I’ll try that’s this evening. I definitely have it in reverse
2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_4fU2fvs9CNDo
lvl.1

United States

I can confirm, firmware 2.0 is functional with Ronin SC. My issue was just as stated above. You must have the right angle usb connected to the gimble and the the straight connector to the  Z6. Thanks so much for the help!  
2019-8-1
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_4fU2fvs9CNDo Posted at 8-1 08:21
Thank you for your response.

Since the firmware of your camera is version 2.0 and the required version is 1.0, we do recommend to send us a video showing this issue so we can now proceed to forward this information to our senior engineers.

My Z6 came with v 2.0 installed from the factory!  You guys dont have this thing working for v2.0?!  

My SC arrives next Tuesday... lol, between this, the force feature / Android imcompatibility (that wasn't really disclosed as well as it should have), and my android is an S8+ which i understand is particularly useless with this machine...  i can't wait to open that case up for the first time and let'er rip!  ; )  #cantwait
2019-8-1
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Austria

Montivette Posted at 7-28 20:53
Focus Pull works on Nikon Z6 without need to attach focus motor.  Need to be in AF-S or AF-C.  Also suggest going into application and changing sensitivity setting to low so you have some control. At default setting you turn focus wheel just a hair and focus changes way too much.

Hi, thanks for the Info. Received mine today and everything works fine. Where can I find the Focus adjustment? Thanks
2019-8-2
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

Kanaloa6779 Posted at 8-2 07:23
Hi, thanks for the Info. Received mine today and everything works fine. Where can I find the Focus adjustment? Thanks

Are you on Nikon firmware 2.0 with your Z6?

2019-8-2
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Austria

Yes. I am on 2.0
2019-8-2
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

Kanaloa6779 Posted at 8-2 11:25
Yes. I am on 2.0

319ddf3435bd6e5a017be7656fe8fd20.jpg
2019-8-2
Use props
fansfc9696da
New

Spain

IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE FOCUS PEAKING , AF-S O AF-C??

THIS ITS   FOR USE THE FOCUS WHEEL WITH FOCUS PEAKING...
2019-8-3
Use props
deejayyves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15046 ft
Belgium

Tutorials by DJI are way to short and not detailed enough for new gimbal users (like myself). Luckily there are tutorials from other users.
I find balancing the Z6 with, for example, the Nikkor 14-30 very difficult.
But still...

When I try to add a Microphone (Rode VideoMic Pro +), it does not work, as the mic hits the gimbal + balancing is even harder.
When I try to mount my phone on top (XR), it simply does not balance at all...

Disappointed as I hoped that these combinations/set-ups would work on this gimbal... not so, apparently, despite the Z6 appearing on the compatible list... Just not working with anything extra attached to the camera; this should be mentioned or solved, please.
2019-8-4
Use props
Cecil
lvl.1
United States

deejayyves Posted at 8-4 15:05
Tutorials by DJI are way to short and not detailed enough for new gimbal users (like myself). Luckily there are tutorials from other users.
But still...

I am with you.  I am also a new gimbal user and found the DJI tutorials pretty much useless.  I also had a heck of a time getting the Z6, FTZ adapter and Tamron 17-35 to balance at all.  When I finally did I am very limited as to what it can do due to the camera hitting the motor.  I also cannot get Active Track to work at all.  The gimbal just goes crazy every time I do.  I am sure it's me as I see it working so well in all the online videos.  I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong.
2019-8-4
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Austria

Concerning Focus:
Right now it is not possible. Focus peaking works only when set to MF - and the Focus wheel does not work then. But you have to address this to Nikon. It works well using an external monitor (I use the Ninja V)
Concerning the last 2 posts:
Try to attach the microphone to the Gimbal grip - the less weight you have on the camera the better it will work.
Still can‘t find the settings for the focus wheel sensitivity in the ronin app!!
2019-8-4
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Austria

Cecil@cecilsphotos.com Posted at 8-4 15:16
I am with you.  I am also a new gimbal user and found the DJI tutorials pretty much useless.  I also had a heck of a time getting the Z6, FTZ adapter and Tamron 17-35 to balance at all.  When I finally did I am very limited as to what it can do due to the camera hitting the motor.  I also cannot get Active Track to work at all.  The gimbal just goes crazy every time I do.  I am sure it's me as I see it working so well in all the online videos.  I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

Did you re-balance when the mount and phone were assembled? The phone on top creates quiete some torque - so balancing is very important.
I tried it 1st without balancing exactly and it went nuts aswell
2019-8-4
Use props
deejayyves
lvl.1
Belgium

Another 2 hrs of trying to balance my Z6 with phone mount & Iphone 6 on top, without luck... would be very interested to see someone balance this set up.
Where do you have it balanced on all axises? On the plate all the way to the back ("heavy"), how many cm on all axises?
2019-8-5
Use props
deejayyves
lvl.1
Belgium

I have been trying to balance my Z6 with phone mount & Iphone 6 on top for several hrs now, without luck... would be very interested to see someone balance this set up.
Where do you have it balanced on all axises? On the plate all the way to the back ("heavy"), how many cm on all axises?
2019-8-5
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Austria

Did you watch their Video shown at the lens test thread pinned on top of this forum?
Select 1080p and you can read the scales on all axis.
2019-8-5
Use props
harald74
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have a Nikon Z7 with DJI RONIN SC which seems to work great. Balancing went fine. But the record button does not work very well. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But it seems very random. Also sometimes I can start the recording but can't stop it. What to do @DJI?
2019-8-5
Use props
Kjell R
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52320 ft
Norway

deejayyves Posted at 8-4 15:05
But still...

Hi
Balacing the Z6 with the 14-30 I found quite easy (compared to the 24-70/4). I also balnced it with a mic (Rode vode micro) without much problems. The tilt movement is  the obviously restricted. Note also that you should remove the eyepiece.and not use a riser.
With a iPhone on top, I have the heavy iPhone XS MAX, it was much more difficult to balance. As the space on the right side of the camara is limitid, you have to move the iPhone to the left. When mounted, the tracking perfomed very well, but with all the trouble mounting it,I wan´tbe using it much.

Kjell R
2019-8-6
Use props
deejayyves
lvl.1
Belgium

Kjell R Posted at 8-6 08:00
Hi
Balacing the Z6 with the 14-30 I found quite easy (compared to the 24-70/4). I also balnced it with a mic (Rode vode micro) without much problems. The tilt movement is  the obviously restricted. Note also that you should remove the eyepiece.and not use a riser.
With a iPhone on top, I have the heavy iPhone XS MAX, it was much more difficult to balance. As the space on the right side of the camara is limitid, you have to move the iPhone to the left. When mounted, the tracking perfomed very well, but with all the trouble mounting it,I wan´tbe using it much.

Kjell,

Thank you very much for the tips - I am actually getting closer to balancing with my phone...

BUT: without using the riser, with the mounting plate in the opposite direction, not using the lens support, by removing the eye cap and by sliding the Iphone to the right...
Come on...basically by not following any instructions from DJI... sorry, DJI, but this is ridiculous...
2019-8-6
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

I got my SC yesterday. Took about 30 mins to initially balance the Z6 with the Z 24-70 lens... it was a challenge, but got it.

I used the record button about 4/5 times and it worked every time.  Pull focus worked well, too.

Phone mounted on top of the Z6 is wonky AF.  I'd rather buy a small sensor to top mount which would connect to the side mounted phone.  

It's literally impossible to balance with the phone mounted on top as the tilt (vertically pointed) balance point is restricted by the phone hitting the rear motor.  That wasnt thought out by DJI.  I did get it working... said my tilt was "ok" as the best i could achieve.

The Ronin android app is 100% garbage. Crashes and loses BT connection often.  

2019-8-8
Use props
Stefan_A
New
Germany

Hello!

Yesterday my Ronin-SC for my Nikon Z6 (Firmware 2.0) arrived. After the balancing-game (with 50mm 1.8Z) and playing around with the App everything was fine until I wanted to record a video.
When the camera is off and I connect the USB-C-cable to the gimbal the camera won´t do anything after turning it on. The camera just stays off.
I removed the cable from the gimbal, turned the camera on, the camera works fine. Then I plugged in the cable, the camera stays on, but I can´t record a movie.
The record button on the gimbal isn´t working AND the record button on the camera isn´t working!
The next problem: I cant remove the USB-C-cable from the gimbal anymore! After plugging in the angled end of the cable for about 3-4 times
the cable is stuck in the gimbal. No chance at all to get the cable out without destroying the port and/or the cable. Something is blocking the cable.
What I also recognized is, the lock for the tilt motor already seems to get harder after fiddeling around a few times with the balancing.

So now it´s time to test the support of DJI ---> Return to sender!
2019-8-10
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Nikon Z6 and Z7 with FW 2.01. Everythings works well (like Ronin-S)... start and stop, focus wheel.
I don't see a "DJI Ronin Assistant" for updates ... is the Ronin-S one used? Or will the updates only be through the app?
2019-8-12
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Austria

Do you use focus wheel + motor or just the wheel?
I try to use the wheel without motor and it is way too sensitive.
2019-8-17
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

Reading this with interest as I am new to video & about to buy the Ronin-SC for my Z7.

Is it viable just to use the Z7 autofocus, or should I be getting the focus motor kit?
2019-8-17
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Croatia

I am using just the focus wheel (no motor) with my Z6.
It works theoretically - but it reacts way too sensitive at the moment. So it is useless in this configuration.
AF works the same like without the Gimbal. It’s on most cases accurate.
2019-8-20
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

Coojeebear Posted at 8-17 10:17
Reading this with interest as I am new to video & about to buy the Ronin-SC for my Z7.

Is it viable just to use the Z7 autofocus, or should I be getting the focus motor kit?
Focus wheel is a must for proper dynamic shots (multi focus points in the same shot)...

Keep in mind old af lenses with the screw mechanics is not usable with the wheel (manual focus)... but newer lenses are just fine (consult the compatibility list in this forum).

Dont worry about the comment above... there are settings to reduce the sensitivity of the wheel. I reset it to the slowest and its perfect.

Good luck. Spend the extra dough and get the wheel. You have a Z7 ... spend the cash man.  
2019-8-20
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Croatia

Could you please tell me where the sensitivity can be adjusted?
As stated above I just use the wheel (not the motor)
2019-8-20
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you all for your help.
2019-8-21
Use props
djiuser_Y1yhAwSR57Vw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581138 ft
Italy

Hi All, just got my new SC and it took me several hours to balance. It was a PITA!
First I tried to balance this set:

Z6
FTZ
Sigma 24-70 2.8

Total weight of the set 1,6 kg so far less then the max 2 kg
Well.. NO WAY to get it balanced. Lens too big, camera couldn't move freely in several position.

So I switched to a 50mm 1,4 and balance was achieved on all axis at first try

So I assume that  the 2kg limit is just not realistic.
Then I got several issues with record and focus button but then, after updating the camera firmware to the latest 2.01 it seem that everythng is working fine.

FINALLY!

Last consideration, DJI video tutorials are almost useless. This is really wierd.
2019-10-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules