where do you store your batteries
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft

hi i was just wondering where you store your batteries when not going to be flying as ive seen a few youtube videos on lipo batteries  setting fire is this a real thing or people messing with the battery
2019-7-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I keep mine in my bag. in all my years of flying I have never had a battery catch fire.
2019-7-18
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

In a steel ammo box.
2019-7-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

In my kitchen
2019-7-18
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fires are a possibility, but it's rare when storing batteries that aren't damaged. If you want to be extra safe, store them in Li-Po bags.
2019-7-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I store my batteries in my bedroom only because I like to have an eye on them now and again..
2019-7-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Standing on the bench - in event of anything - I can chuck out of window into garden well away from anything.
2019-7-18
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Many of these cheap lipo bags dont work properly.

2019-7-18
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4

thanks for the replys ive gone for a ammo box  just to be safe thanks again
2019-7-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

*DM* Posted at 7-18 23:21
Many of these cheap lipo bags dont work properly.

LiPo sacks / bags are a grossly misunderstood item.

There are NO fully fire safe LiPo sacks .. even the 'original' guy who thought of them will tell you that. Yes its accepted and well known that there are some poor copies that should never be on sale.

But the difference is actually time to rupture ...  NO LiPo sack can withstand the LiPo fire completely.

The idea of the LiPo sack is actually not to store or 'prevent' fire - but to increase the time you have to deal with it. By retarding the 'escape' of fire to surrounding furniture etc. - you have the chance to dispose of the sack with lipo's inside safely ...
They are primarily intended for placing LiPo in when charging, that is why they do not seal fully. Also for transporting to and from flight site ... giving you chance to stop car and remove to safe place while it flares off.

There are many Youtube videos showing LiPo sack tests - and nearly all make the same fundamental error of expecting sack to completely contain the fire.

They are RETARDING devices only.

2019-7-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Because of the sheer number and sizes of LiPo I usually carry to / from flight site - I have bought large picnic Cold Bag ... the size that you can put about 6 2litre coke bottles in. I also have a smaller one designed for a 4 pack of beer. Both have foil linings - they are not as good as a LiPo sack - but will give me chance to dump out of car if anything happens.

I also have a Turnigy LiPo warming sack - designed to get a lipo up to operating temperature in cold climates ... works of 12v ... even one of my 3S LiPo's ...
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day xboxmoddr. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Please refer to the screenshot below on how to properly store the DJI intelligent flight battery of your DJI Phantom 3. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _Guidelines__en.pdf

2019-7-19
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4

thanks dji stephen read and understood its more the fact i have 9 batterys in total and seen some disturbing things on youtube just been safe than sorry really
2019-7-19
Use props
djiuser_vVhNGok5rVhd
New
Flight distance : 48094 ft
Mexico

I was trying to fly my drone at Loreto BCS Mexico I drove down from San Diego CA  and my battery got stuck at the drone aircraft so  once y remove it with my hands starts smoking and getting hot and it was fire coming off the battery  ITS REAL no doubt I was handling more photography equipment with me that day and this is the only one it was on fire. I wrote DJI Corp but they never answer to me my battery was used only 4.3 hours total so Less that 5 % of what they promise for a battery’s life
2019-7-19
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4

blumming nora dont dji say 200 times if used proper glad u was ok and it was just your battery and not your bird
2019-7-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djiuser_vVhNGok5rVhd Posted at 7-19 13:17
I was trying to fly my drone at Loreto BCS Mexico I drove down from San Diego CA  and my battery got stuck at the drone aircraft so  once y remove it with my hands starts smoking and getting hot and it was fire coming off the battery  ITS REAL no doubt I was handling more photography equipment with me that day and this is the only one it was on fire. I wrote DJI Corp but they never answer to me my battery was used only 4.3 hours total so Less that 5 % of what they promise for a battery’s life

I will guess that you left the battery in the car during the day at some point during your long drive... ?
2019-7-19
Use props
djiuser_vVhNGok5rVhd
New
Mexico

At my DJI Case like the rest of the other battery’s it is funny because I was caring some other equipment like a Go Pro camera and 3 batteries plus a cannon camera with an extra battery plus a power juicer and none any one of the other equipments got on fire
2019-7-19
Use props
djiuser_vVhNGok5rVhd
New
Mexico

Mark The Droner Posted at 7-19 15:00
I will guess that you left the battery in the car during the day at some point during your long drive... ?

Probably but not to long just the time that it takes you to get your baggage at the hotel room . but how do you explain that the rest of the other equipment that I was caring that Day it’s fine ?
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules