ActiveTrack 3.0 For Ronin-S next firmware update?
9017 25 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marl0we
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29393 ft
New Zealand

I know ActiveTrack 3.0 just temporarily not supported, maybe next firmware update.
BUT please please don't let me put my phone on the camera.
You can give us two choices, one put phone on the camera, another make a small module with a camera and connected with Ronin-S (Share RSS Port with MCC-Multi). If use OSMO ACTION, it is still too big.
Waiting for your good news!

CHEERS
2019-7-18
Use props
djiuser_ByndkHu1SPHZ
New
France

Yes ! I want thé activé track for my Ronin S too ! Pleaaaase Dji....
2019-7-19
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

But do you really think that DJI will release new firmware with the new features released with the Ronin-SC?
If he does, you are sure that you will wait months and months.
Can you tell me the latest DJI firmware for the ronin-s when it was released?
Look at the date and you'll immediately understand the DJI's policy.
Obviously, everything is related to those who bought the DJI Ronin-S, which after a year is an obsolete product, but spending more money on the Ronin-SC you will immediately have a new product, but I have a doubt ..... Not is it that even the Ronin-SC becomes obsolete after just one year?
2019-7-19
Use props
Ted-K
lvl.1
Greece

The Ronin-S is not absolute because of the new Ronin-SC, the Ronin-S has a heavier payload than the Ronin-SC so there are still people who will pick the S. The SC is just for those who needed a lighter gimbal that are also using those light mirroless cameras. Still, some lenses can make your camera heavy. Anyways the Active Track is a function that exists in many DJI products so I don't see why they wouldn't add it to the Ronin-S with an Update.
2019-7-19
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Ted-K Posted at 7-19 05:48
The Ronin-S is not absolute because of the new Ronin-SC, the Ronin-S has a heavier payload than the Ronin-SC so there are still people who will pick the S. The SC is just for those who needed a lighter gimbal that are also using those light mirroless cameras. Still, some lenses can make your camera heavy. Anyways the Active Track is a function that exists in many DJI products so I don't see why they wouldn't add it to the Ronin-S with an Update.

The motivation of not adding other functions is only linked to selling new products.
Think of all those who already have the Ronin-S and are fascinated by the new features of the Ronin-SC, what do you think they will do?
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Marl0we. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these thread and these valued information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-19
Use props
Marl0we
lvl.1
New Zealand

Giu_Sa Posted at 7-19 06:36
The motivation of not adding other functions is only linked to selling new products.
Think of all those who already have the Ronin-S and are fascinated by the new features of the Ronin-SC, what do you think they will do?

That's true!
New products need new features then people want to buy it.
I bought Ronin-S to replace Steadicam, to shoot real estate and wedding videos. Just one reason, Ronin-S has a heavier payload. I can use BMPCC.
SC for me just cheap and ActiveTrack 3.0. It just a low payload and none 12V accessory power port.
The users who were Osmo mobile, and they want to better quality to bought the Ronin-S. However, the SC angered them.
But someone doesn't want to give up 4K 60P in order to get Active Track 3.0.
I would be happy if Ronin-S can have ActiveTrack, but if not, I'm cheap and easy to use than Ronin2.
2019-7-19
Use props
Marl0we
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-19 08:05
Hello and good day Marl0we. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these thread and these valued information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.

I am waiting for the Separation Control module, so I can put down the phone and set up the Ronin-S on the Camera Jib Crane.

CHEERS
2019-7-19
Use props
Diz Garcia
New

Mexico

How can DJI screw their own customers? we want that update to the ronin S
2019-7-19
Use props
maisen20
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Yeah that‘s really bad. A lot DJI Ronin-S users would like to have the active track feature since it came out! There‘s already a thread about that whish here in the forum. And since the release of DJI Ronin S, they not really added new features to the App and Ronin-S.
2019-7-20
Use props
Nevil.Biscuits
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Active Track for the Ronin-S.... Yes please!!!!

I would have thought that this would have been automatically a thing when the Ronin App was updated for the Ronin-SC??

Since the phone app already has the ability to control the gimbal, why would Active track not work the same way?
2019-7-20
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4
United States

Nevil.Biscuits Posted at 7-20 04:07
Active Track for the Ronin-S.... Yes please!!!!

I would have thought that this would have been automatically a thing when the Ronin App was updated for the Ronin-SC??

I don't think that we have to beg DJI for it, as it had to be done at the same time when they released this feature to their cheaper version. I don't really understand their marketing policy. They forgot about loyalty to their long term clients.  
I'm sure, that they have to apologize for delay, not we are.
2019-7-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If anything add HDR picture support to the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 as you can do with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom but definitely Activetrack would be cool.
2019-7-20
Use props
Marl0we
lvl.1
New Zealand

AntDX316 Posted at 7-20 18:06
If anything add HDR picture support to the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 as you can do with the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom but definitely Activetrack would be cool.

LOL
RONIN2 user: we want ActiveTrack 3.0 please!
2019-7-24
Use props
meysam.ahangian
lvl.1

Germany

Please Active Track For Ronin S !! Please DJI !
2019-7-27
Use props
fans59fbfa38
New

Russia

Please, add new feauture in ronin s.

2019-7-28
Use props
FullFrameGer
New
Flight distance : 4839 ft
Germany

I have discovered camera tracking on the zhiyun crane 2 which has this since over a year. After noticing this i checked out if my ronin s (which i love) has a similar feature. Only to be disappointed that only the ronin sc has this feature. I would upgrade to this gimbal only for this but i work with a canon 5d mark iv and the sc is not suitable for my existing equipment.

So it is a no brainer from dji. For me i would upgrade for the feature but i cannot because of the limitations of the new product. Which leaves me as a disappointed customer and feeling left out.

Since the Ronin S seems fully capable of supporting the new feature with a new firmware and app update thats exactly what should happen. DJI really is screwing his customers here. I will really check the features twice for my next buying decision which includes possible dji products.
2019-8-31
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2
Italy

Hello to everyone, I'm also following another thread about Ronin S compatibility with my current equipment, I own Fuji products (X-T3 in the case), and actually only the Ronin SC has the basic support for it.

I found really not acceptable from DJI to not update their products firmware so often in order to bring more features and compatibilities to existing products like Ronin S. Last update was near a year ago.

My thoughts are that DJI would like to push the new  Ronin SC on the market due to competitive price and new features, but again this is the worst for behaviour for such a company like DJI.
2019-8-31
Use props
fans8e19ce74
lvl.1

United States

As a programmer I can tell you the functionality is there to create this feature. You can use your phone as a joystick. Therefor they could connect that to auto track camera module and they would have it. I think this is a poor business move on DJI’s part to not bring this out for us that supported their bigger more expensive model. It means next time I’m looking for one, I will be open to buying their competitors product.
2019-9-1
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Unfortunatly, that is the way DJI does. Always forgets their old customers. I have been flying an inspire 2 pro for 2 years, a perfect machine but with many problems (from the firmware) that were never fixed. An other example, the mavic 2 pro (1200  €), the phantom 4 pro (1500  €) have a panorama function that was never added on the I2 (15000 €).
Always the same old story, perfect when you buy it, forgotten after six months.
That will be the same for the ronin S. DJI wants you to buy the SC... They have just forgottten the payload is not enough for many of us
2019-9-2
Use props
Almansour
lvl.1

I have a plan to buy a new gimbal for just this feature =>"Object Movement Tracking".
I found from google search the Crane gimbal support this feature by using mobile.
2019-9-11
Use props
fansec9da554
lvl.1

Giu_Sa Posted at 7-19 05:13
But do you really think that DJI will release new firmware with the new features released with the Ronin-SC?
If he does, you are sure that you will wait months and months.
Can you tell me the latest DJI firmware for the ronin-s when it was released?

I get why you would think this way, but truly this is not one of those situations. Business wise it doesn’t make any sense, at least for this particular feature.
2019-9-14
Use props
Ambioris Cruz
lvl.1

Please DJI, Active track 3.0 in DJI S is neccesary, I spend to much money to not have this new features,
2019-9-21
Use props
Ambioris Cruz
lvl.1

Please DJI, Active track 3.0 in DJI S is neccesary, I spend to much money to not have this new features,
2019-9-21
Use props
Roberto De Michele
lvl.1

2019-9-25
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft

It's only for androides now. Will wait firmware
2019-9-25
Use props