2879 4 2019-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

Greetings from Scotland UK!

My Mavic Pro 2 should be arriving on Monday, I also have the Fly more pack coming as well as the smart controller.

I've been reading up as much as I can about the first steps & also watching YouTube videos. I have a question about restricted flight zones. Pretty well the entire Scottish Highlands are covered by a restricted flight zone. I live in the Highlands. It's shaded blue on my Airmap app & is titled Special use airspace with a name of FJA North. With general Google searches, the most I can find is historic information about the effects of the airspace on light aircraft where pilots were discussing that the rules had been relaxed. That was in 2015 I think. The area was & is used by the RAF, but from the light aircraft forums, it seems that the RAF rarely do very low level flights in the area now. Please can anyone explain what this means to my flights?

2019-7-18
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

Blue are Authorization zones. I’m afraid you will not be able to take off within these Fast Jet Areas.The highlands are beautiful by the way...
2019-7-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There have been posts about this before.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-100983-1-1.html

Not sure if it is still up to date, but it might be a good starter.

2019-7-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Welcome to the forum btw
2019-7-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depending on the app - blue may also mean temporary NFZ - a set period where that airspace is restricted then is lifted after an event - usually an airshow, RAF practice, a VIP flying through etc
2019-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules