Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waterproof Case
3486 27 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseba42e89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 249213 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if anyone has managed to phsically test in the real world yet but on first look I have a couple of potential issues which I am not sure about

The top part rotates which makes me worry about how good the seal is.

Mine was covered in white sandy dust when I got it out of the box, need to really clean the o-ring (which also appears to have a couple of dents which are a worry) as anything, even a hair can render the seal useless.

It's a very tight fit getting the Op into the case, not a bad thing, but trying to get it back out again you literally have to pull it out by the gimbal, not sure how good this is for the unit.

Could do with a lens cap or bag, it's a big area to get scatched, and once scratched will really impact on the quality, could also do with a way to hook on diving filters

I've used underwater cameras for 25 years so had quite a lot of experience, the gopro has been a revelation but I still prefer old school o-rings and grease.

Still hold out high hopes but am serioiusly going to test with some tuees first to ensure it is watertight.
2019-7-19
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I agree, it would be nice to have a lens cap. It would of been nice to be able to pull the camera out of the housing by the body. I just about manage to grab at the pan ring area and not the camera.
I have dunked it in water and all good, but that was just a bowl :-))
2019-7-19
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

You forgot to mention that the gimbal movement with the UW Mode is severely limited. I have the feeling that the stabilization will not work well (or at all). I guess buying the Osmo Action was a good idea after all...
2019-7-19
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.4
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 7-19 06:11
You forgot to mention that the gimbal movement with the UW Mode is severely limited. I have the feeling that the stabilization will not work well (or at all). I guess buying the Osmo Action was a good idea after all...

Agreed. i'm not expecting much smoothness, for diving it won't be much of a problem as i have honed keeping a camera steady for years, but would have been more useful skiing, jet skiing etc.
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best feedback from the experiences of our valued DJI members who have already used the DJI Osmo Pocket waterproof case. In addition I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket waterproof case. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2019-7-19
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-19 09:32
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I hope that you will get the best feedback from the experiences of our valued DJI members who have already used the DJI Osmo Pocket waterproof case. In addition I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket waterproof case. Have a safe and a happy filming always.

Many thanks. As an experienced underwater camera user happy to provide feedback or assist in development.
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fanseba42e89 Posted at 7-19 09:54
Many thanks. As an experienced underwater camera user happy to provide feedback or assist in development.

You are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you and we value your support.
2019-7-19
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

fanseba42e89 Posted at 7-19 06:45
Agreed. i'm not expecting much smoothness, for diving it won't be much of a problem as i have honed keeping a camera steady for years, but would have been more useful skiing, jet skiing etc.

Same here, certified in 2002 ( I am a dive master since 2012) but I really see no usage for a gimbal UW if the gimbal doesn’t work. I bought an Osmo Action for that.

Pitty, it looked promising. I guess they had to limit the gimbal’s movement because of the housing’s weird shape while trying to keep costs reasonable. Actually 55€ is very affordable but still, if it doesn’t work what’s the point.
2019-7-19
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

fanseba42e89 Posted at 7-19 06:45

Same here, certified in 2002 ( I am a dive master since 2012) but I really see no usage for a gimbal UW if the gimbal doesn’t work. I bought an Osmo Action for that.

Pitty, it looked promising. I guess they had to limit the gimbal’s movement because of the housing’s weird shape while trying to keep costs reasonable. Actually 55€ is very affordable but still, if it doesn’t work what’s the point.
2019-7-19
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

El Diabolico Posted at 7-19 16:27

It could just be for those without a GoPro or Action.
2019-7-19
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.4
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 7-19 16:26

Hoping it will be more useful jet skiing etc
2019-7-20
Use props
edwardyyy
Second Officer
Hong Kong

any review of this case?

i only find this on youtube:        
2019-7-20
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

edwardyyy Posted at 7-20 06:07
any review of this case?

i only find this on youtube:        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-0USB6xxgQ

If it is real it is indeed very shaky.
2019-7-20
Use props
max3.2
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-19 10:19
You are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you and we value your support.

I suggest to add mode switching when the OP is in the case. E.g. the three tap (selfie) is not used inn UW mode, can we get this to switch from video to slow-mo. And why there is not Hyperlapse in UW mode is not clear to me...Maybe another candidate for a multi-tap to activate and deactivate..
2019-7-22
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Slow mo is really useful filming underwater. always use it on my Gopro
2019-7-22
Use props
RSW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 7-19 06:11

You have to restrict the gimbal somewhat as you would see obvious distortions as the angle between the lens and the flat port changes. Where the gimbal DOES come in handy is controlling ROLL which can be useful underwater where there is no horizon or flat ground to stand on. And the roll compensation keeps the lens fairly parallel to the port, minimizing distortion.
2019-7-22
Use props
vjah
lvl.2
France

Hi all, not sure if that's help I've just posted a quick video as I was trying the case for the first time. But this is actual footage above and underwater with the case on. And even though I can't swim in my tiny pool I feel like it's not that shaky Will have to see in the ocean with some current.
I'm a bit concerned about how long the seal with last without leaks though... youtube.com/watch?v=KimmDdBc8Mg
2019-7-22
Use props
max3.2
lvl.1

Germany

fanseba42e89 Posted at 7-22 06:49
Slow mo is really useful filming underwater. always use it on my Gopro

I made a thread on this. Please help push it so DJI gets the idea as important!
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

max3.2 Posted at 7-22 02:15
I suggest to add mode switching when the OP is in the case. E.g. the three tap (selfie) is not used inn UW mode, can we get this to switch from video to slow-mo. And why there is not Hyperlapse in UW mode is not clear to me...Maybe another candidate for a multi-tap to activate and deactivate..

Hello and good day max3.2. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your suggestion with us. I will forward these thread and these valued information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you.
2019-7-22
Use props
El Diabolico
First Officer

Germany

RSW Posted at 7-22 07:25
You have to restrict the gimbal somewhat as you would see obvious distortions as the angle between the lens and the flat port changes. Where the gimbal DOES come in handy is controlling ROLL which can be useful underwater where there is no horizon or flat ground to stand on. And the roll compensation keeps the lens fairly parallel to the port, minimizing distortion.

I’ve been diving with UW cameras since 2002 and I’ve used flat and domed ports without any issues. The field of view on the OP is not extreme so a good quality domed cover could be the solution without destroying the stabilization or limiting movement. So far every YouTube video ‘testing’ the OP’s case looks quite shaky.

If you get any domed port for an ultra wide GoPro you get no distortion. I don’t believe DJI isn’t capable of producing this... the main advantage of the OP is the mechanical gimbal. I personally had to buy an Osmo Action for UW activities. I guess Rocksteady will work better than the crippled stabilization on the Pocket.

Time will tell.
2019-7-22
Use props
RSW
Second Officer
United States

I ordered this to protect the port on the Osmo case. It should arrive today. I will report back on it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2019-7-23
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2357828 ft
Spain

I have the diving case and test today surfing... The follow mode is super fast so shaking and unusable. I make a test in normal mode and slow follow mode without diving case mode and perfect. You have to be careful with the case limitations but that is all.
The glass is so big that I guess it will scratch the second day, spare parts or a hard surface is welcome.
2019-7-23
Use props
RSW
Second Officer
United States

RSW Posted at 7-23 09:15
I ordered this to protect the port on the Osmo case. It should arrive today. I will report back on it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MXVLK7L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It stretches around the knurled ring for a perfect fit.

IMG_20190724_075149-m.jpg
IMG_20190724_075149-m.jpg
2019-7-23
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ordered one myself. Looks like it's perfect for the job.
2019-7-24
Use props
Paulhd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

That is a nice addition and I will have to get one.
I would of been happy to pay £55 for the UW case and have it in the kit already. A lens cap should of been part of this kit without any doubt.
It is like Nikon or Canon sending out lenses without a lens cap. Crazy.
2019-7-24
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Paulhd Posted at 7-24 01:15
That is a nice addition and I will have to get one.
I would of been happy to pay £55 for the UW case and have it in the kit already. A lens cap should of been part of this kit without any doubt.
It is like Nikon or Canon sending out lenses without a lens cap. Crazy.

Agreed. it's crazy.
2019-7-24
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2357828 ft
Spain

ALERT! VERY IMPORTANT!

After yesterday disaster today a try again, when I clossed the cup it didnt fit smooth. I LOST THE SEALING RING!

After a deep search around all the house I found it in the garbage. I could install it again and it works, but the place where you have to fit it is not adecuate at all, is very easy to lose it.

BE VERY CAREFULL WITH THE SEALING RING, if you lose it the dving case is completely unusefull and you will destroy the osmo pocket = 350+50 $€ lost, and the feeling to be stupid.
2019-7-24
Use props
Vjah
lvl.2
France

RSW Posted at 7-23 18:38
It stretches around the knurled ring for a perfect fit.

Such a great idea, thank you for sharing !
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules