Slight issue with Extension Rod with cable set up.
868 8 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cosmic68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89042 ft
United Kingdom

Just a bit of feedback for DJI.

I'm using the extension rod with an iPhone and using a cable to connect it to my iPhone. I'm not interested in the wireless module.

My cable arrived and it does work, BUT the Mimo app (when iPhone is connected by cable) doesn't show the outcome of button presses (ie when you're cycling through shoot modes-FPV/Tilt locked etc). The change DOES happen, but it doesn't show on screen. Not a biggie, but worth mentioning.

2019-7-19
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Maybe the phone is merely a monitor? Can the phone perform any other functions?
2019-7-19
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 7-19 04:19
Maybe the phone is merely a monitor? Can the phone perform any other functions?

Yes possibly. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to implement correctly with a firmware update.

You literally cannot tell what shooting mode you’re in if you use the buttons-negating their use (as you have to tap on screen to find out what settings been set)
2019-7-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

cosmic68 Posted at 7-19 05:15
Yes possibly. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to implement correctly with a firmware update.

You literally cannot tell what shooting mode you’re in if you use the buttons-negating their use (as you have to tap on screen to find out what settings been set)

I am experiencing the same problem (no indication o currentf mode) when using the wireless module with the extension rod as well.
2019-7-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Same here - but at the start of a shoot it only takes a moment to verify the mode (by waggling the camera) and personally I would always use tilt locked, and press the button on the side if I wanted to use follow mode for a brief time.  So I'm not that worried but it would be ideal if the mode could be shown on the phone.
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the reply cosmic68. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these thread and these valued information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, application update, etc. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-19
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-19 09:16
Thank you for the reply cosmic68. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these thread and these valued information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, application update, etc. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks Stephen-it’s worth a fix I reckon

Whilst we’re at it-how do you update extension rod firmware? Does it have firmware?

Many thanks.
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cosmic68 Posted at 7-19 09:59
Thanks Stephen-it’s worth a fix I reckon

Whilst we’re at it-how do you update extension rod firmware? Does it have firmware?

You are very much welcome cosmic68. The DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod has no firmware to be updated. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2019-7-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If you tap the Mimo app "button" which selects gimbal modes, it will show the current mode selected, and will update as modes are selected on the extension rod.  This includes the button on the left side of the rod.  Personally I don't mind the small loss of screen display this causes, but the ideal solution would be that the display pops up for (say) only 5 seconds when you change modes.
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules