Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Attention all you DJI naysayers !
2832 26 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I ordered my Extention Rod and Underwater housing on Monday of this week at about 10:00am. Guess what? It arrived slightly before 10:00, Today, Friday July 19. That's pretty fast shipping all the way from China.

Now to the products

Extention Rod. If you own an OP, you need to own this accessory. It's well made, comfortable and the things you can do with the joy stick is well worth the price. I will use this device with the OP and my Wireless MOVO mic. A not of a recommendation. You should spend the money on the DJI wireless accessory. It allows complete connection, and allows you all the accessories power through the joy stick, or even the ohone screen. This is a gamechanger.

Underwater Housing:

Really well made. It does not allow you to change the direction of the Osmo camera as has been rumored, how ever, it has a connection on the bottom to allow a simple GoPro selfie stick if you want to submerge the camera from a boat, or the shore. I didn't get an opportunity to do anything other than take it out of the box, but It's going to be great for divers, snorklers, fishermen and much more.

I'm not associated with DJI and I'm not an influencer, but I wanted to share my experience, which has been great.
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and good feedback for our new accessories for the DJI Osmo Pocket. This will really help our valued DJI members here that currently planning to purchase the new accessories. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Good job should have mine on monday
2019-7-19
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only problem is it took DJI 8 months to make them available, and considering they were advertised since day 1, you can understand why some might have lost faith.  I did get my housing today and it looks well built.  We'll see.  The ability to snorkel with the device was a selling point for me, and at least now I can give it a try.
2019-7-19
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I'm glad you got yours so quick!  Do you know if the joytick on the extension rod allows you to do both slow and fast panning same as the detachable controller wheel?  Thanks.
2019-7-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-7-19
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89042 ft
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 7-19 11:11
I'm glad you got yours so quick!  Do you know if the joytick on the extension rod allows you to do both slow and fast panning same as the detachable controller wheel?  Thanks.
I got mine and I could be wrong, but no you can’t that I can’t see that you can.
2019-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

WayneMHK Posted at 7-19 10:58
The only problem is it took DJI 8 months to make them available, and considering they were advertised since day 1, you can understand why some might have lost faith.  I did get my housing today and it looks well built.  We'll see.  The ability to snorkel with the device was a selling point for me, and at least now I can give it a try.

Again Wayne your making up stuff, from day one it was said that these accessories would be available at a later date.

We are all aware of the largest tech company in the world, who continually announce and show off many of their products only to release them at a much later date
Yes Apple EarPods released 8 months after we had first seen them, IPad 2 released 11 months after we got our first look at it , and apple are the main culprit of this marketing, I guess dji are learning from the biggest Beast , but that’s tech it’s obvious your having a tough time understanding it .

But I’ll get called a fanboy shill and why because people like you Wayne like to cause hysteria.....
2019-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

I would imagine we will see further updates for both new accessories, it’s usually the form with dji, so if your looking for wishlist maybe post a thread.
2019-7-19
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

WayneMHK Posted at 7-19 10:58
The only problem is it took DJI 8 months to make them available, and considering they were advertised since day 1, you can understand why some might have lost faith.  I did get my housing today and it looks well built.  We'll see.  The ability to snorkel with the device was a selling point for me, and at least now I can give it a try.

Wayne,

In the marketing video from aCES, you can clearly hear the DJI employee tell the user or reporter the extension rod and underwater housing would be available in the 2nd quarter. That’s the months of April, May and June. The announced immediate shipping on July 15. So that’s 15 days late if you need to be picky. It’s not 8 months. 15 DAYS WAYNE!!!!!

Why are you on this forum. All you do is complain and make negative comments. I have yet to see you be helpful in any way.. i’m Not sure you bought anything.

Troll some place else.
2019-7-19
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I'm glad you got yours so quick!  Do you know if the joytick on the extension rod allows you to do both slow and fast panning same as the detachable controller wheel?  Thanks.

I haven’t played enough to tell you that. It felt smooth and I felt in good control. I believe with some practice I can do things  slowly.
2019-7-19
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am thinking of getting the extension rod. Just curious, I use the Rode Wireless Go and the microphone adapter most of the time with my OP. I don’t own and don’t want to use the wireless adapter. Will I still be able to take advantage of the controls on the rod without the wireless module?
2019-7-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

1.  The joystick has proportional control of the gimbal.  So if you move the joystick slightly from the centre, you get slow movement of the gimbal.  Move it all the way, and the gimbal movement is fast.  I posted a video of this in one of the other threads on this subject - it's a pity we've ended up with information scattered across about 4 threads because it makes it harder to get information and opinions.

2.  When you connect the Pocket to the rod, the data port on the Pocket (below its screen) is used to connect to the controls on the rod.  That leaves you with the USB-C connector for any other purpose.  That purpose can be ONE of the following -  wired connection to phone, wireless adapter to phone, or mic adapter.  It could also be used uniquely with a battery pack, or with the battery pack connected to the wireless adapter.
2019-7-19
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Tactical Trvlr Posted at 7-19 12:59
I am thinking of getting the extension rod. Just curious, I use the Rode Wireless Go and the microphone adapter most of the time with my OP. I don’t own and don’t want to use the wireless adapter. Will I still be able to take advantage of the controls on the rod without the wireless module?

The camera connects to the rod using the data port. You can do all regular OP controls.

What you Can’t do is see anything on your phone. So you use up the Audio connection to feed the phone. Buying the wireless controller is so much simpler.

Then I believe you can use Rode mic’s. I have them and will test in the AM
2019-7-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Er - how are you going to connect the mics if you have the wireless accessory or a phone cable connected?  Perhaps you didn't see my post above.
2019-7-19
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-19 19:36
Er - how are you going to connect the mics if you have the wireless accessory or a phone cable connected?  Perhaps you didn't see my post above.

That was my point on another thread. it's a phone for a screen or an external microphone. So now you are back to either possible wind noise problems or framing problems.
2019-7-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-19 21:48
That was my point on another thread. it's a phone for a screen or an external microphone. So now you are back to either possible wind noise problems or framing problems.

I spent a happy hour last night working out a way of mounting a standalone recorder and stereo shotgun mic to the extension rod - it can be done, but it is indeed a pity that there's no direct way of using a good mic and a screen at the same time.  I guess we'll have to wait for the mark two wireless accessory which will have an audio input socket, hopefully.
2019-7-19
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Shocking photos but - if you want serious audio...
2019-7-19
Use props
JDVideo
lvl.2
United States

Yes, by all means post your thoughts and opinions/reviews on accessories. This is how we can get an honest idea on not only how an accessory works, but on whether or not it might be something we might want. very much appreciated.
2019-7-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-19 23:16
[view_image][view_image]

Shocking photos but - if you want serious audio...

Nice Tascam audio recorder. 96kHz 16 bit? I was thinking of pressing an old Panasonic minidisc recorder into service.
It's small, has good audio recording ability, and I've tons of unused mini-discs.
2019-7-20
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

I don’t believe it is “going to be great for divers” as the gimbal movement is extremely limited. Any GoPro or Osmo Action with electronic stabilization will work much better UW unless you want to film like in the year 2000. I would suggest that people comment base on facts and personal experiences instead of making assumptions that can lead others to make a purchase that they will regret. Until videos emerge on YouTube we don’t know how this thing will perform but seem how the UW mode behaves on land is already... disappointing?
Closing, the majority of folks on this forum have spent thousands of dollars in DJI products, how can you call us/them no sayers?
2019-7-20
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

and as you say the rod is amazing, can you charge the Pocket from it OR the rod gets its juice from the pocket? (I know the answer).
2019-7-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The rod has a small rechargeable battery which is used to supply a signal voltage to turn the Pocket on in the first place.  Unless you are turning it on hundreds of times a day, it's unlikely to draw more than a few seconds running time's worth from the Pocket.  It's not a problem, just a missed opportunity.  They've gone for a weight and price limit rather than incorporating every feature they doubtless thought of.
2019-7-20
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-20 14:23
The rod has a small rechargeable battery which is used to supply a signal voltage to turn the Pocket on in the first place.  Unless you are turning it on hundreds of times a day, it's unlikely to draw more than a few seconds running time's worth from the Pocket.  It's not a problem, just a missed opportunity.  They've gone for a weight and price limit rather than incorporating every feature they doubtless thought of.

And what about operation? Have you tested this?In any case I agree on the missed opportunity. It should have foldable/hidden tripods legs and a little powerbank.
2019-7-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I guess I could try running the Pocket flat not connected to the rod, then try it connected, and see what difference there might be, but I'm sufficiently unconcerned that I doubt whether I will try.  Maybe wait a while and see if complaints start to surface.  

Tripod legs would have been handy, but they might have occupied the space for a power bank.  
2019-7-20
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 7-19 18:36
The camera connects to the rod using the data port. You can do all regular OP controls.

What you Can’t do is see anything on your phone. So you use up the Audio connection to feed the phone. Buying the wireless controller is so much simpler.

Thanks for the information. I’m eager to hear how your microphone test goes using it in conjunction with the wireless module. I’ve heard the audio adapter doesn’t work when using the wireless module.
2019-7-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It doesn't.  See other thread.
2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules