Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Fly more wings.
1610 11 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdvries
lvl.1
Flight distance : 435620 ft
Netherlands

Last year I bought the Mavic Air fly more package. It comes with extra wings. Why is it that when you get four extra wings, you get four striped wings. I would have expected two striped, and two none striped wings. What kind of logic is this? Is this a packing error on DJI's part? See the attached photo.
What did other people receive? four of the same wings?

wings

wings
2019-7-19
Use props
cdvries
lvl.1
Netherlands

And why can't I edit my post? Those things are called propellers, not wings. sorry. There are basically two types of propellers. The Mavic Air need two of both types. And I received four of the same. Is this normal or am I missing something?
2019-7-19
Use props
Norseman032
lvl.1
United States

cdvries Posted at 7-19 12:33
And why can't I edit my post? Those things are called propellers, not wings. sorry. There are basically two types of propellers. The Mavic Air need two of both types. And I received four of the same. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Package mistake. I got two of each.
2019-7-19
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Ask for a replacement for the props
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Please contact our support using the link below for further assistance in regards to propellers. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-7-21
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

its should not be
2019-8-7
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86631 ft
France

it must be a mistake.
By the way can anyone enlighten me, why is the need of 2 different type of props?
2019-8-7
Use props
cdvries
lvl.1
Netherlands

Qui Rom Posted at 8-7 08:23
it must be a mistake.
By the way can anyone enlighten me, why is the need of 2 different type of props?

You have left turning propellors and right turning propellors. If all propellors turned in the same direction then the drone would spin out of control. Drones do not have a tail rotor to keep control the yaw of the aircraft, so the yaw controle is done by manipulating the relative speed of the left en right turning rotors. If the left and right turning rotors are spinning at the same rate then they balance eachother out.  If the left turning rotors turn slightly faster than the right turning rotors then the aircraft will rotate to the right.In my case I made the mistake to use the wrong replacement rotor. The result was that my Mavic Air immediately flipped on it side when trying to take off. I think it would be best that DJI would make it phisicly impossible to attach the wrong propellor to the wrong motor, so users cannot make this mistake. Maybe an idiea for the next version of the Mavic.
2019-8-8
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.2
France

cdvries Posted at 8-8 06:35
You have left turning propellors and right turning propellors. If all propellors turned in the same direction then the drone would spin out of control. Drones do not have a tail rotor to keep control the yaw of the aircraft, so the yaw controle is done by manipulating the relative speed of the left en right turning rotors. If the left and right turning rotors are spinning at the same rate then they balance eachother out.  If the left turning rotors turn slightly faster than the right turning rotors then the aircraft will rotate to the right.In my case I made the mistake to use the wrong replacement rotor. The result was that my Mavic Air immediately flipped on it side when trying to take off. I think it would be best that DJI would make it phisicly impossible to attach the wrong propellor to the wrong motor, so users cannot make this mistake. Maybe an idiea for the next version of the Mavic.

thank you, that makes sense. Never knew that the props can be inserted in the wrong way though.
2019-8-8
Use props
cdvries
lvl.1
Netherlands

Qui Rom Posted at 8-8 08:06
thank you, that makes sense. Never knew that the props can be inserted in the wrong way though.

2019-8-8
Use props
Qui Rom
lvl.2
France

cdvries Posted at 8-8 11:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTECizMv2yQ&feature=youtu.be

easy! tks mate
2019-8-9
Use props
A J