controller serial no, sticker vs go-app
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I happened to notice that the controller's serial number, as shown by the go app, differs from the serial number given on the sticker on the controller's case, the latter is the same as the one shown on the drone's box.

Why is this and which is correct?
I doubt it is an instance where controller innards have been moved to a different case, I have checked several controllers and they all have this 'discrepency'.
Thanks

2019-7-19
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft

dunno bud ill check mine and see let u no
2019-7-19
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thank you
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Sean. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the confusion. The Flight Controller serial number that is found in the DJI GO App contains other information and we usually need that serial number for unlocking a location that is inside a No-Fly Zone but not limited to this scenario. Therefore, no need to worry since it is normal that the 2 serial numbers are different and the actual serial number for your remote controller is the one that is found in the actual sticker on the remote controller. Should you have any inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!
2019-7-19
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Gamora. Just as a matter of interest does the drone (P3 Adv or Pro, I have both)  store its own serial number somewhere and is this 'viewable', if so how?
I know there is a drone serial number sticker, normally found just above the visual sensor unit.
2019-7-19
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

One is the "Flight Controller" Serial Number, and the other is the "Remote Controller" Serial Number. I learned that too when I began the unlock procedure.
2019-7-19
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah thanks JPilotR, I had assumed the different names were synonyms. Do you happen to know what bit of the controller as a whole is referred to by "flight controller"?
2019-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules