Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Defective Mavis 2 still not fixed after almost a year - FIXED!
123Next >
3506 84 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parkgt214
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

DJI released a defective product in the Mavic2 and have not fixed it after almost a year.

If you need repeatable Waypoint flights that don't have a jerky panning action DO NOT BUY A MAVIC 2!

It appears that they don't care and have moved on to other things.

2019-7-19
Use props
Dude
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI please give us an update on this.
2019-7-19
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Any news? Any news?
2019-7-20
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anybody with updates are welcomed...
2019-7-20
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
United States

Another case of DJI showing just how much they care about existing customers.
2019-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Agreed,   This feature is very disappointing.   
2019-7-22
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

yes, grrrr.
2019-7-22
Use props
Borocay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I specifically bought the Mavic 2 Pro to use commercially.  Most of my flights for customers involve waypoint missions.  I was shocked when I flew the first waypoint mission for a customer using Litchi and saw the stuttering when the camera was panning.  The customer even mentioned it and said it was unacceptable.  Thankfully I had my Mavic Pro with me,  so I flew the same route and the customer was happy.  That basically makes the drone useless to me.  If it doesn't get fixed then I'm selling it and flying my Mavic Pro.  This will be my last new DJI product if it doesn't get fixed.
2019-7-23
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.3
United States

Wow...just got my M2P and haven't even flown it yet..  But one thing I am surprised about is that no one from DJI on the boards has dropped in here to share a comment yet.
2019-7-23
Use props
StormMarc
lvl.3
United States

Would be nice to hear from DJI as your silence speaks volumes...
2019-7-23
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI We are still waiting for answers.
2019-7-24
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

Top5ive Posted at 7-23 06:55
Wow...just got my M2P and haven't even flown it yet..  But one thing I am surprised about is that no one from DJI on the boards has dropped in here to share a comment yet.

it's because they only want your money. I no longer haven any respect for DJI.
2019-7-24
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

S t e f a n Posted at 7-24 00:26
@DJI We are still waiting for answers.

don't you understand... they only will when forced to. I just can't believe how greedy they are.

so am I going to get banned too?

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield

I just can't believe this!!!!!!

EDIT. I was right... no use in wasting my time with DJI. if you ban me for doing nothing but a little venting... that would be a sin.

2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

bobsma Posted at 7-24 05:42
it's because they only want your money. I no longer haven any respect for DJI.

They have said this week they would address this matter, they have further said today they would sort the matter in the next FW update . I think you have had many FW updates with plenty of new mods, if they only wanted your money why would they bother if they already have your money .
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DWalkerBeastwife Posted at 7-24 11:17
Says the guy who denied the problem existed, then said since Litchi was “compatible” it must work just fine with no problem. Back to defending DJI after a year of not fixing the defect.

2019-7-24
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55420 ft
United Kingdom

The mavic air is also defective which they won’t acknowledge. DJI damaging their reputation very fast.
2019-7-24
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I've seen this countdown on several of your replys. Is this a new DJI product to be released?
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hey guys, thank you for your attention and discussion about the waypoint. It will be optimized in the next firmware. Please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website, thank you for your support.
2019-7-25
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Panda Posted at 7-25 03:03
Hey guys, thank you for your attention and discussion about the waypoint. It will be optimized in the next firmware. Please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website, thank you for your support.

Thank you for the update.
2019-7-25
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8 Posted at 7-24 11:49
The mavic air is also defective which they won’t acknowledge. DJI damaging their reputation very fast.

What is defective about the Mavic Air?
2019-7-25
Use props
djiuser_irmnrS94UMC8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55420 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-25 05:25
What is defective about the Mavic Air?

Have a read.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1916155
2019-7-25
Use props
Dudisimo
New

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-25 01:17
You got it straight from the animals face.

He’s right he will get banned, but it’s not enough for him, he’s a vile human with no respect for anyone or anything, he’s s stalker of the highest order, someone buried in a basement with nothing to do all day but stalk people.

Someone is a little hysterical.
2019-7-25
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hey guys, thank you for your attention and discussion about the waypoint. It will be optimized in the next firmware. Please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website, thank you for your support.

A firmware update has been confirmed several times.
Nothing happened! Nothing!
Why should we trust you this time?
Why should it not be a fake this time?

Are you currently working on an update?
Where is the exact problem?
Why were we ignored over 9 months?
Is there an internal beta?
What do your testers say?
What is the date for the release?
Do the apps also have to be adapted?
Questions about questions... but unfortunately no answers...
2019-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

S t e f a n Posted at 7-25 09:24
A firmware update has been confirmed several times.
Nothing happened! Nothing!
Why should we trust you this time?

“A FW update has been confirmed several times”
Can you show us one confirmation?

“Are you working on an update”
She told you she was

“Why should we trust you this time”
There wasn’t any other time. (Your just making it up)

“Why should it be fake this time”
Again explain this it make absolutely no sense.

“Where is the exact problem “
Have you not been telling everyone that already .

Do you think Apple Microsoft or any other tech company would give out direct information as to their Beta program.

Your ridiculous questions sounds like something coming from the Stasi lol ......

2019-7-25
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

can't you even shut your mouth? You are not interested in the topic at all.
How many more threats do you want to destroy?
2019-7-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Hey guys, thank you for your attention and discussion about the waypoint. It will be optimized in the next firmware. Please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website, thank you for your support.

Thanks Panda for the info I hope this info chill people mood here!!!
2019-7-25
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-24 10:33
They have said this week they would address this matter, they have further said today they would sort the matter in the next FW update . I think you have had many FW updates with plenty of new mods, if they only wanted your money why would they bother if they already have your money .

i agree with you, when I get a bad headache and take strong migraine meds... it can effect my judgment. i hope it gets fixed soon.
2019-7-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

S t e f a n Posted at 7-25 12:43
can't you even shut your mouth? You are not interested in the topic at all.
How many more threats do you want to destroy?

The thing is while you and your cohorts were loosing the head, I was the one who was contacting dji support and engineers, I was also the first person to get an answer from dji as to when this problem would be fixed, this was followed shortly by announcement by dji that waypoints would be optimized in next FW.
What did you achieve by whining like a headless chicken, “nothing” there are two ways of finding out why when and where, yours got you nowhere, but sensible diplomacy got the answers here.
It seems you think if you shout louder people will listen, your not two anymore .

Below was the reply I received, because I contacted the right people in a manner that gets a normal response. This was then followed by a prompt answer from dji on the appropriate thread.
Maybe it would be wise to take the advice of those who are genuinely trying to sort out stuff .

2019-7-26
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

laugh
I was a buyer of the first hour (unfortunately) and had sent DJI after a few days a lot of videos about bugs.
Also my drone got DJI for evaluation.

Of course many users worldwide have reported this error. DJI always knows this bug.
There are many more forums on this topic! Partly there are also DJI employees active.

But hey, without you DJI wouldn't have any of it, laugh. We are infinitely grateful.

By the way, my questions were addressed directly to DJI.
2019-7-26
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I read your about your issues with your Mavic Air.  You are obviously experiencing an issue but, as many Air users are happily flying without the problem(s) affecting you, I don't think this is indicative of a defective product but an issue that, unfortunately, is affecting you.

While I do no own an Air (I skipped over the Air due to its shorter-range Wi-Fi connectivity), I do own 10 DJI drones.  I've never had a major issue with any of them, & never needed to send one in for service.

Because you are experiencing the same problem(s) with multiple Air units, I wonder if there is something else affecting your negative experience?  Perhaps it is your location or the particular device you are using for your connection?  Have you tried a different device?
2019-7-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

S t e f a n Posted at 7-26 03:27
laugh
I was a buyer of the first hour (unfortunately) and had sent DJI after a few days a lot of videos about bugs.
Also my drone got DJI for evaluation.

Your delusional, this is about M2 working with waypoints, we didn’t receive waypoints until 5 months after release of M2.
Your on another planet get with the program here.

If your questions were addressed directly by dji, what’s your problem, addressed meaning exactly that sorted . Do you just like to Whinge, I’m beginning to believe we really are dealing with the stasi here.
It’s people like you who put their 2p in completely to confuse what others are looking for .
And even when you get the answers your still not happy , give me some patience here ....
2019-7-26
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-26 06:10
Your delusional, this is about M2 working with waypoints, we didn’t receive waypoints until 5 months after release of M2.
Your on another planet get with the program here.

You Stasi comments are quite unpolite, but I assume you Irish guys are famous for being a little radical...

Regardless of that, we are waiting for a functioning Waypoint Function since the release. Delivering a broken, unusable 'something' is no delivery at all. Upgrading from the Mavic 1, I belived DJI Marketing that the Mavic would be able to perform at least on the level of the MP1... well that proved to be wrong. It simply is a lie.

Some of you fanboys are fine, if you can show off with some fancy label on your app, called Waypoint... as long as you can press the RTH button...
2019-7-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 7-29 12:57
You Stasi comments are quite unpolite, but I assume you Irish guys are famous for being a little radical...

Regardless of that, we are waiting for a functioning Waypoint Function since the release. Delivering a broken, unusable 'something' is no delivery at all. Upgrading from the Mavic 1, I belived DJI Marketing that the Mavic would be able to perform at least on the level of the MP1... well that proved to be wrong. It simply is a lie.

How long did you wait for waypoints on M1 ?, you weren’t promised to have waypoint2 on day one of M2 release, in fact on day one you were told that you would get it sometime in the future which you did, it’s not perfect but there is one video put up here from DB which shows a very useable waypoints 2.
Dji have also said W2 would be optimized in next FW update, this was in answer to queries being made on some threads here on this forum, but when your friend got his answer which was good news and the answer everyone was looking for, he proceeds to question and validity of the answers with a cocktail of ridiculous questions, so my point being did he come here to ask the question, but all the time he was not going to accept the answer, so yes stasi if you answered what they wanted to hear or what was the truth, you got shot, and that is what your good friend was doing .
2019-7-29
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
United States

If DJI could fix the defect and truly cared 11months should have been long enough.  Did they not notice it before they released WP2 or did they think consumers wouldn't.
2019-7-30
Use props
S t e f a n
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI: Any news?
2019-7-30
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-29 15:55
How long did you wait for waypoints on M1 ?, you weren’t promised to have waypoint2 on day one of M2 release, in fact on day one you were told that you would get it sometime in the future which you did, it’s not perfect but there is one video put up here from DB which shows a very useable waypoints 2.
Dji have also said W2 would be optimized in next FW update, this was in answer to queries being made on some threads here on this forum, but when your friend got his answer which was good news and the answer everyone was looking for, he proceeds to question and validity of the answers with a cocktail of ridiculous questions, so my point being did he come here to ask the question, but all the time he was not going to accept the answer, so yes stasi if you answered what they wanted to hear or what was the truth, you got shot, and that is what your good friend was doing .

To be honest, I did not wait at all.

After my 'experience' with the Phantom 3 and the 'promised' WP API functions, I only open DJI Go once in a while for curiosity reasons. If you are a litte serious in filming, Litchi with its mission hub is the tool to use.

But DJI did even not manage to copy their M1 API to the M2...or they did, forgetting to adjust to the new hardware. Whatever... the result is a broken API which even affects Litchi. DJI is aware, but presumably does not really care.

The only way to 'support' DJI to stick to their marketing promises is to rant around in forums and make their attitude towards customer public. Unfortunately my 2000$ do not have a 'no pay zone' or other bug, which prevents them to spend it before they made a functioning delivery of their promise.

DJI Go WP2.0 is anyway crap in comparison to Litchi

But hopefully they will not only look at the WP2.0 bugs but really fix the API
2019-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 7-31 00:52
To be honest, I did not wait at all.

After my 'experience' with the Phantom 3 and the 'promised' WP API functions, I only open DJI Go once in a while for curiosity reasons. If you are a litte serious in filming, Litchi with its mission hub is the tool to use.

Nobody’s saying people can’t rant, but your rant is for a reason, to get answers to your problems, but as soon as you get conformation, your next move or at least your friends is to say it’s not true it’s a lie , how can anyone deal with such ignorance, there are absolutely no answers for idiots like that.

There seems also to be some expectation that WP2 will match up to litchi a company that specializes in one thing that’s not gonna happen.

We then have the usual I spent $2000 on a M2P and it doesn’t work, this kind of ridiculous ranting is just not true, it costs €20 to use litchi, not $2000 and even at that I purchased an M2P and I got it for $500 less than you, or maybe your just exaggerating, which shows a total maturity on your part .

When you rant , know why your ranting no need to lie no need exaggerate and when you get the answers, don’t call people liars at least until you hear them out.

2019-7-31
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 7-31 03:43
Nobody’s saying people can’t rant, but your rant is for a reason, to get answers to your problems, but as soon as you get conformation, your next move or at least your friends is to say it’s not true it’s a lie , how can anyone deal with such ignorance, there are absolutely no answers for idiots like that.

There seems also to be some expectation that WP2 will match up to litchi a company that specializes in one thing that’s not gonna happen.

Ugh... the M2P with fly-more and SC is well beyond 2K$. Bought for the only single purpose to create some scenes for our new movie. This is my use case. This was supposed to work according to the specs / marketing. But it does not. Saying it does, is a lie. The API has serious flaws. DJI did not fix them until now.

These bugs in the API also affect Litchi, which is dependent on the DJI API of the Mavic. (WP2.0 additionally has bugs in the app itself, but I could not care less, as I do not use it)

I hope this is clear now.

Reason enough to rant.

2019-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 8-2 16:31
Ugh... the M2P with fly-more and SC is well beyond 2K$. Bought for the only single purpose to create some scenes for our new movie. This is my use case. This was supposed to work according to the specs / marketing. But it does not. Saying it does, is a lie. The API has serious flaws. DJI did not fix them until now.

These bugs in the API also affect Litchi, which is dependent on the DJI API of the Mavic. (WP2.0 additionally has bugs in the app itself, but I could not care less, as I do not use it)

That is reason enough to rant, but you should be more careful when buying something you need specifically for one thing, it was well known first that litchi was Not available on SC when it released and secondly that it had its problems, a much safer bet for you was P4pro or P4V , I’m sure you will agree it’s not dji job to make sure it’s craft will work with 3rd party apps and if there is a problem with their own app then they should fix this, which on 5 different occasions on this forum they have said would be optimized in next FW.

Saying it works ! Well I never said it worked and I have been one of the strongest voices to dji regarding this problem, I was the first person to get dji to respond and to say they would address this in next FW.I am also the one person around here who keeps these threads to the top of the topic section,  ut there are some who are so blind they cannot see .

Sometimes ranting gets only one thing done and that’s a rant .
2019-8-3
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
United States

DJI is the next firmware update going to be in my lifetime?  I am not getting any younger!
2019-8-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules