Top Shell cracking where it meets battery compartment- Problem?
506 2 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay Blanton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2475466 ft
United States

This drone has been a WORKHORSE for over a year, with daily flights, sometimes more, and it's NEVER given me a single issue... but on the past few flights after removing the battery, I noticed some cracking where the top shell meets the bottom at the battery compartment. My question is, being how this isn't any kind of  load bearing area & it's nowhere near where the battery grabs to keep it in place, is this OK to keep flying? It slowly gets a little worse every few flights and the opposite side is showing signs of starting to do the same. I've got my moneys worth out of this drone many times over, and I have a Phantom 4 Pro Version 2 with less than 20 flights that i'll start using if this one gives an issue, so i'm not going to send it in, but I just wanted to check on here to see if this will end up affecting the flight or battery in any way? Thanks!
67192004_389678204994976_882231993935331328_n.jpg

P4P Cracking

P4P Cracking
2019-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jay Blanton. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with DJI drone and thank you for reaching out. I would not recommend you to use your drone with this crack on the shell for the drone for safety purposes. This crack might affect the performance of the said drone while on flight and might lead to a crash or to an accident. It would be best to send the drone in for further assessment and repair. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to fix and resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your valued support.

2019-7-19
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I may be wrong but the location looks more like a chip then a crack. I think you would be good to go because the part of the shell doesn't hold the battery in.
2019-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules