SD card error?
3281 4 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
subsolar
New

United States

So I bought this samsung evo sd card (256 gb) from amazon for my osmo pocket, formatted it using the camera, then I get an sd error and it won't allow me to save any videos/pictures. Tried formatting in the mimo app but I still get the same problem.. I looked through the forum and someone suggested formatting with pc but that didn't work either I even tried removing the partition, then adding back the partition but nope.
I just find it a bit odd because I did see a few people on here post that they use the same exact sd card and they have no problems. I have a 64 gb samsung evo sd card and it works just fine.. the 256 gb saves files from my laptop just fine though and very rarely it does manage to save a video somehow.. (even though after that I can't take any more and reformat it all over again anyway). Does anyone have another way to fix this? or am I just better off returning it? I have a feeling I'll eventually return it but I figured I'd ask first..
Any tips would be much appreciated!
fml.png
2019-7-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Although it's stated that the maximum is 256, it is not listed as one of the "recommended" cards. Maybe 256 is a craps shoot

I doubt you will ever need that much capacity. And, if you suffer data corruption, with a relatively full 256, it would be a disaster.

recommended.png
2019-7-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would think that 256GB Samsung Micro SD card works but it may be the card itself?
2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day subsolar. Thank you for the inquiry.  I would suggest using a suggested SD card for the DJI Osmo Pocket for compatibility and reliability purposes. These SD card are test on the DJI Osmo Pocket. For reference please refer to Curt1591 post on post #2 for the list of suggested SD Cards for the DJI Osmo Pocket.  If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help you.
2019-7-20
Use props
DirkBlaze
New

United States

My Phantom 4 almost sees the SD Card about 1 in 20 start ups.   The small LED near the card usually does not illuminate at all.  
The only way I've found to get it to recognize my (class 10) SD Card is to do the following:
- insert an SD Card with a bad format
- start the Phantom
- wait for the audio message from DJI Go 4 "SD Card error; please replace it"
- pop out the "bad" card  with the Phantom still powered on (LED flashing red)
- pop in the good card

Usually the Phantom will now recognize this "good" card it almost never sees when cold starting the P4 with the "good" card in the slot

How to reliably get the P4 to recognize the good card on startup???

I've tried different formats on the card from both my mac and pc
???
2019-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules