Wifi works, but disappears when RC paired
853 3 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans90d428e5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6010 ft
Canada

I have a Spark with the DJI RC. I bought them separately, so I had to pair them myself. I can connect to the drone's wifi and control it using my phone virtual joysticks in the Go app or Litchi, and I can connect to the RC's wifi, too. The problem is that when I pair the drone to the RC, the drone's wifi no longer transmits (I know it's not transmitting because it doesn't show up at all on my phone's wifi analyzer app). If I connect to the drone's wifi first, then the RC loses it's pairing with the drone. If I then press the power button on the drone for 3 seconds to re-pair, I lose the wifi connection again. I've managed to connect to the RC wifi and pair that way, and open the Go app to control the drone from the RC, but I have no video from the drone that way. If I connect an OTG cable, I get nothing at all, even when I go through the process I've seen in several tutorials on the proper order to make the connections for an OTG cable. I'm missing something, I know, but it's getting very frustrating. I have the same problems using my tablet. Both are android 8.0. Can anyone offer some advice?
2019-7-19
Use props
dudleyjohn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6010 ft
Canada

Finally got it working. Here's the tutorial that got me over the last hump: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/connecting-your-dji-spark-with-the-remote-controller/

I thought I had to connect to the Spark wifi to get video because I had connected to the RC wifi before and had no video. Heliguy's steps worked.
2019-7-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is either/ or, the bird can just have one connection, either to the device OR to the RC.
If to the RC, you have to look for the RC's wifi, unless you use a cable to the RC
2019-7-20
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

Same thing is happing to my spark just got it back from repairs. I have apple phone/tablet. When I connect phone/tablet said no wifi connection.
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules