Power button not working
9035 13 2019-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oswald808
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I received my SC yesterday. Charged the battery up (why put the charging point on the gimbal - but that's for another post). The first time I pressed the power button it worked, and hooked up with the Ronin App. But ever since that first time, getting the SC to power up has been completely random.

The gimbal is balanced, I've been through the process a few times to make sure I've got it right.

The SC can be seen by iPhone.

It seems to power up more often if the power cable is plugged in, which is strange. The battery indicator shows a full charge.

I feel like it could be some issue with the phone connection - which begs the question, can my SC not be used without a phone?

Any help would be kindly received.

2019-7-19
Use props
Oswald808
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Update

I left the SC charging overnight, and it worked the next morning, with or without a phone.

I used it for around an hour, and then it switched off in the middle of filming. Now I have the same issue, no response from the power button, even though the battery status says it is full.

Feeling like I have a faulty unit.
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Oswald808, sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-SC, may we verify how you power on the Ronin-S?
2019-7-22
Use props
Oswald808
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-22 01:57
Hi Oswald808, sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-SC, may we verify how you power on the Ronin-S?

Hi DJI Mindy,

By holding the power button down for a few seconds.
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Oswald808 Posted at 7-22 08:35
Hi DJI Mindy,

By holding the power button down for a few seconds.

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you provide us with the SN and issue video? We'll double check.
2019-7-22
Use props
Oswald808
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-22 22:50
Thanks for getting back to us. Could you provide us with the SN and issue video? We'll double check.

HI,

Where do I find the SN? I can see a number on the battery, but nothing on the gimbal.

I've actually arranged for it to be sent back and for a full refund. The after sales service offered for a DOA unit was not up to scratch, expecting me to send it back, wait up to 8 days for DJI to confirm it wasn't working, then to wait for a replacement to be sent. And no phone support??????

I will re-order a new one and hopefully, it will work this time.
2019-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Oswald808 Posted at 7-24 04:53
HI,

Where do I find the SN? I can see a number on the battery, but nothing on the gimbal.

The serial number can be found in the Tilt axis. We still would like a short video for verification per our engineers.
Even you would like to refund, the device will need to be sent back for the evaluation first to locate the problem, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-7-25
Use props
Jondle
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there. I’m made some posts on the forum about the issues I’m having with my Dji Ronin Sc. But the latest issue is pretty similar to this one.
I have a full battery. But the gimble won’t turn on. If the power / charge cable is attached. The gimble is recognised but the app. But if I remove the power / charge cable the app disconnects from the seeing the gimble.
The gimble will not power on.
Any ideas how this can be fixed?
E4445255-81FE-48C7-AC28-92D109698F06.jpeg
D1EEDF99-C84F-4938-8703-633115C06594.jpeg
5A5F9E12-FBFA-42BB-963D-78D298BC2FAA.png
E330CDD4-BC29-45A8-9D9D-E568476632A0.png
2019-8-15
Use props
djiuser_Z3Katjc14IHk
New

I have the same problem. When i try to turn it on, i must put the charger. Without the charger it wouldn't switch on. But the LED indicator are full green. Hmm, i just use it for 2 time only. Just a few week ago i bought it.
2019-9-7
Use props
djiuser_Z3Katjc14IHk
New

Jondle Posted at 8-15 10:26
Hi there. I’m made some posts on the forum about the issues I’m having with my Dji Ronin Sc. But the latest issue is pretty similar to this one.
I have a full battery. But the gimble won’t turn on. If the power / charge cable is attached. The gimble is recognised but the app. But if I remove the power / charge cable the app disconnects from the seeing the gimble.
The gimble will not power on.
[Image]

Me too,has same problem.
2019-9-7
Use props
Jondle
lvl.1

In the end I returned the Ronin SC to my supplier. I got a replacement and the new one works great now.
The original must have been faulty.
2019-9-18
Use props
Tiana
lvl.2

United States

Please try these methods to solve the power button not working on your iPhone.
1. Hard Restart iPhone. Hold the 'Home' button and the 'Power' button concurrently, pressing them gently; Then release both buttons once the Apple logo appears; Let the iPhone boot up then test the 'Power' button once more.
2. Turn on Assistive Touch in Settings of iPhone.
3. Use Double-tap to Wake up iPhone.
4. Fix iPhone Power Button Not Working Efficiently by using professional iOS system repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Repair.[No Data Loss]
2020-10-18
Use props
djiuser_LT8n2oYNfwcr
lvl.1
France

hello,

Very sorry to bump in this thread with non related issue. i am new to the forum. is there any way to start a thread regarding my problem with the start button on rsc2 which is stuck ? it seems that new members can't create threads.
Regards
2022-6-20
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

djiuser_LT8n2oYNfwcr Posted at 2022-6-20 06:18
hello,

Very sorry to bump in this thread with non related issue. i am new to the forum. is there any way to start a thread regarding my problem with the start button on rsc2 which is stuck ? it seems that new members can't create threads.

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by working, there are a few steps you can try to fix it:-
1. Restart Your iPhone Using AssistiveTouch:- As mentioned in the previous response, you can use AssistiveTouch to restart your iPhone without the power button. Follow the steps provided earlier to enable AssistiveTouch and restart your device.
2. Update iOS:- Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Sometimes, software updates include bug fixes that could address issues with hardware buttons.
3. Reset All Settings:- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This won't erase your data but will reset all settings to their default values. It might help if the issue is caused by a software glitch.
4. Calibrate Your iPhone's Battery:- Sometimes, a battery calibration can help resolve issues with hardware buttons. To calibrate your iPhone's battery, let it drain completely until it shuts down, then charge it to 100% without interruption. This process may take some time.
5. Use AssistiveTouch as a Temporary Solution:- If the power button remains unresponsive and you can't get it repaired immediately, you can continue using AssistiveTouch as a workaround for accessing power-related functions.

Remember that attempting to repair your iPhone on your own may void its warranty, so it's generally best to seek assistance follow below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzMvoTw5oo&ab_channel=TheGeekPage
2-6 23:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules