Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak Image Transmission Signal
1133 5 2019-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HBM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19127 ft
Norway

Hi,

Since yesterday I started getting a Weak Image Transmission Signal on my Phantom 4 Pro. That was even before take-off so I was only a couple of meters from the drone. That never happened to me and I was truly in the middle of nowhere where there couldn't possibly have any interference. I have now tested it at home as well where I'm sure it works and I get the same. A black screen, occasionally green...

This happened after I got notified to update the firmware on the RC. I did it, got that problem and now seriously suspect that's where the problem lies. I have in the meantime reset factory settings on the drone. When I try to reset RC firmware on the app I get VERSION UNKNOWN...

Does someone have any clue about what is going on? The drone is completely useless like this.

Kind regards,
Hugo

IMG_5425.PNG
IMG_5426.PNG
IMG_5427.PNG
2019-7-21
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Hugo,

You have to fly with the FlySafe updates.  I helped my friend get the Live View back by using the "Check for Updates" function of the third (black) screenshot you posted.  

First be sure you have a reliable Internet connection and full batteries.  Then start with the top "Check for Updates".  If the update freezes for more than five minutes, cancel it and go on to the next one.  Continue on down the list.  Then go back to the ones that froze and try them again.  Eventually they all updated and he got his Live View back.  It takes a little patience but his bird flies a lot better now and even has some new options.

The best part is that the FlySafe maps are updated and cleared out all the unnecessary flight restriction areas.  I live and fly on the edge of a military airport restricted airspace (5 miles) and it usually notified me with warnings and other areas of my community were restricted.  Now most of it is open.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-23
Use props
HBM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19127 ft
Norway

Cetacean Posted at 7-23 02:26
Aloha Hugo,

You have to fly with the FlySafe updates.  I helped my friend get the Live View back by using the "Check for Updates" function of the third (black) screenshot you posted.  

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this didn't work for me, I'm pretty sure it's a RC firmware issue, but I haven't managed to do a factory reset.

Cheers,
Hugo
2019-7-25
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

this warning comes on every time I fly the drone far away from me,  mind you I am surrounded by bush and hills, I usually hit the RTH, any kind of warning that comes on that's what I do, does not affect the video,  but I would be interested in knowing what would happen if  I kept flying further away.
2020-1-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-26 05:01
this warning comes on every time I fly the drone far away from me,  mind you I am surrounded by bush and hills, I usually hit the RTH, any kind of warning that comes on that's what I do, does not affect the video,  but I would be interested in knowing what would happen if  I kept flying further away.

The downlink will almost always go before the uplink.  So then you'd get the disconnect message even while your uplink is still connected.  What would happen if you kept flying further away is the AC would keep flying away from you until you manually invoked RTH using your uplink or your drone lost the uplink (i.e. disconnect) at which point it would RTH.  This is, of course, assuming you have it set to RTH upon disconnection.  Good luck
2020-1-26
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-26 06:51
The downlink will almost always go before the uplink.  So then you'd get the disconnect message even while your uplink is still connected.  What would happen if you kept flying further away is the AC would keep flying away from you until you manually invoked RTH using your uplink or your drone lost the uplink (i.e. disconnect) at which point it would RTH.  This is, of course, assuming you have it set to RTH upon disconnection.  Good luck

thank you Droner, this info is much appreciated,  I would always turn around when the warning would come on fearing that I would lose it,  it's good to know that the RTH would kick in which I always have initiate. Thanks again Mark.
2020-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules