Can't activate Mavic 2 with smart controller!
1092 3 2019-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg Mantz
lvl.1
United States

New Mavic 2 pro with smart controller bundle. Updated to latest firmwear and connected to the internet. When I go to activate the Mavic it tells me that I must be connected to the internet to activate it. I am since I can go to other wesites on the smart controller, download maps, etc. It's linked to the drone, no SD card installed, and I've reset the controller, tried the DJI assistant, even downgraded then re-upgraded the firmware. No luck, I just can't activate it. Others have had this problem but I see no solutions posted. Of course DJI doesn't work on weekends so I've got an expensive paperweight for now. Any ideas?!?!
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may follow the procedure below to possibly rectify the situation. Please send us the serial number of the Smart controller via PM for further check.

1. Connect to another Wi-Fi.
2. Change the current Wi-Fi's SSID and try to connect to it again.
3. Make sure to enter the correct password when connecting to a new Wi-Fi."
2019-7-21
Use props
Greg Mantz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-21 10:17
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may follow the procedure below to possibly rectify the situation. Please send us the serial number of the Smart controller via PM for further check.

1. Connect to another Wi-Fi.

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I'd done all that multiple times and I was connected to the internet because I could download maps and browse the DJI site on the controller, etc. However, the problem fixed itself. The controller randomly activated (I hadn't initiated another try yet) and sent me to the quiz so I was up and running in a few minutes. The general consensus is that its a problem on the DJI server. I'd tend to agree as I could do EVERYTHING else internet related on the controller BUT activate it. Anyway, thanks again for the reply.
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Greg Mantz Posted at 7-23 05:12
Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I'd done all that multiple times and I was connected to the internet because I could download maps and browse the DJI site on the controller, etc. However, the problem fixed itself. The controller randomly activated (I hadn't initiated another try yet) and sent me to the quiz so I was up and running in a few minutes. The general consensus is that its a problem on the DJI server. I'd tend to agree as I could do EVERYTHING else internet related on the controller BUT activate it. Anyway, thanks again for the reply.

Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad to know that the problem has been fixed. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience that you had. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules