Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 pro. Frame skipping on both cache and memory card.
1216 5 2019-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LeIOhJdZQ1wZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 476726 ft
United States

I have a new Mavic 2 pro I purchased 2 weeks ago. Finally got around to setting it up. When recording in 4k 30fps I get these frame skips after about 10 seconds of smooth video then a skip. I had have a fast card in the drone. I have also tested this with the mavic 2s on board memory as well. It seems that the frame skips are not as frequent with the onboard storage however they are still present. I give you some examples below.

The first video is the video cache directly off of my iphone SE in 1080p. The 2nd video is from the memory card. The 3rd video is from the onboard storage.
Skip to 0:33 and keep on eye on the tents and the cars and trucks driving in the immediate road (not on the freeway) and keep watching until the drone turns and faces the sun 180 degrees.

Here is the second video below. This one is from the memory card at 4k 30fps (same video as the cache) Again skip to 0:33 watch until the drone spins 180 degrees facing the sun.

Now the 3rd video. 4k 30fps. This is a different video but now from the onboard storage. Its smooth and definitely looks better but then again i dont know whats normal. Its smooth and then skips. It seems to be better than the memory card. I think maybe there is some skipping when looking at the houses. Viewed on a 4k HD display 120hz

Now the question, is this normal? I have seen a few other threads that had the exact same issue (and other replies had the same issue) but the thread(s) were left unfinished and the OPs never came back, and gradually went off topic. Yet i've seen other Mavic 2 pro videos on youtube with no frame drops what so ever. Cant be my rig (PC), i literally have a beast of a gaming computer loaded up with the best hardware money can buy, and loaded up all of the codecs, so that argument is thrown out.

All I could think is that the memory card is a dud and that the mavic 2 pros on board storage cant quite handle 4k 30fps? Tests were done in the morning 78 degrees F, no humidity, no wind. All of the drones camera, gimbal, motor, every setting is on automatic/default/auto. My memory card used was a "Lexar Professional 667x 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card". The fact that the frame drops showing up on the cache and card..on the first video worries me. Let me know guys...

2019-7-21
Use props
djiuser_LeIOhJdZQ1wZ
lvl.1
United States

EDIT... FIXED... I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING...  it was just my iphones footage that had frame drops... and partially it was my monitors hertz rate was weird. It seems like the 1080p on the iphone was the only one with frame drops.  ALL GOOD NOW.
2019-7-21
Use props
djiuser_LeIOhJdZQ1wZ
lvl.1
United States

EDIT... FIXED... I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING...  it was just my iphones footage that had frame drops... and partially it was my monitors hertz rate was weird. It seems like the 1080p on the iphone was the only one with frame drops.  ALL GOOD NOW.
2019-7-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need a V30.
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Aaron. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. It is great to know that this issue has been solved. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-7-22
Use props
Virtual Museums
lvl.1

Australia

I get the same but much worse and I'm using the smart controller. (?)

Phil
2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules