580 7 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DPC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 660696 ft
  • >>>
France

Plugged into my phone my OP works fine. However I have two problems when using the WiFi adapter : the image on the phone is sometimes  laterally inverted (= as in a mirror) although the video is recorded correctly. Far more irritating is that form time to time the OP starts micro-vibrating making the image unusable. Turning everything on and off makes no difference to either problem but the problem is not persistent. I was trying to use the OP professionally during a four day event and this unreliability, and the time spent unsuccessfully trying to fix it was a major irritation. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks!
2019-7-22
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I had that "mirroring' occur once. I found that had inadvertently hit this little "button". Hit it again and everything was back to normal.
invert.jpg
2019-7-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm not sure about your first problem but I've noticed that when using filters I also sometimes get micro shaking from the camera gimbal head. I suspect the weight of a filter is making the gimbal head motors strain as it's possibly finely balanced. Are you using filters?
2019-7-22
Use props
DPC
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-22 12:14
I'm not sure about your first problem but I've noticed that when using filters I also sometimes get micro shaking from the camera gimbal head. I suspect the weight of a filter is making the gimbal head motors strain as it's possibly finely balanced. Are you using filters?

Yes, I was using a filter and I suppose that could be the problem. But the why would it be intermittent ? If you are correct, that might mean that the motors heat up after a while and need time to cool down.
2019-7-22
Use props
DPC
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Curt1591 Posted at 7-22 01:53
I had that "mirroring' occur once. I found that had inadvertently hit this little "button". Hit it again and everything was back to normal.[Image]

Thanks for replying. I thought that button was to recentre the gimbal.
2019-7-22
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

DPC Posted at 7-22 22:01
Thanks for replying. I thought that button was to recentre the gimbal.

Pretty sure that was the one I hit to (un)invert the screen
2019-7-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DPC Posted at 7-22 22:00
Yes, I was using a filter and I suppose that could be the problem. But the why would it be intermittent ? If you are correct, that might mean that the motors heat up after a while and need time to cool down.

I've no real idea why it happens. I seldom record or have my Osmo Pocket switched on for more than a few minutes at a time. It has been very warm here recently though. (Around 32c) It's just something I noticed myself a few days ago. Take a filter off, and it stops happening.
2019-7-22
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

This was the icon I used to invert the screen. The photo I dug up didn't have it. If you use the virtual joystick, you will hit it at some point.
FAT FINGERS!

invert.jpg
2019-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules