Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action Zoom
19396 19 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micky Parise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190207 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the Osmo action have a zoom feature?
2019-7-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, not in the sense of optical or digital zoom while recording. Although if recorded in 4k and rendering to 1080P in an editor you could add quite an effective x2 zoom I would think.
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Micky Parise. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action has no zoom feature. For additional reference I will be posting a link whre in you can find the overview, specifications and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Action ( https://www.dji.com/osmo-action?site=brandsite&from=nav ). Thank you.
2019-7-22
Use props
thaiphoon
New
Switzerland

Can you explain this a bit more for the newbies?
I use the DJI Osmo Action to record my daughter on the tennis court. For normal tennis training this is OK, but if I have to record her on a tennis tournament, I will have to record from behind a fence and without a zoom, the action is too far away, so I have to use a cheaper mobile phone camera with which I am able to zoom in.
I really wish we would get a zoom lens for this otherwise great camera.
2020-1-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

then can add zoom in but may not be  while recording.  it may take them  some time. if  they feel its a needed feature. the lag was so sure zoom can be next but more was night lapse,  photo and video
2020-1-8
Use props
SuperFly151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 1-8 04:21
then can add zoom in but may not be  while recording.  it may take them  some time. if  they feel its a needed feature. the lag was so sure zoom can be next but more want night shutter lapsing.

whats night shutter lapsing?
2020-1-9
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I swore I wrote Night lapse so I corrected it and I do look at what I write.
2020-1-10
Use props
Larkantor
New

United States

Horrific flaw by DJI. And I gave up buying go-pro thinking Osmo Action is better but it has no zoom-in or zoom-out option.  Tons of useless features but no ZOOM? It's as dumb as making a fancy car with no steering wheel. I'm returning my Osmo Action.
2020-9-4
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Larkantor Posted at 9-4 18:05
Horrific flaw by DJI. And I gave up buying go-pro thinking Osmo Action is better but it has no zoom-in or zoom-out option.  Tons of useless features but no ZOOM? It's as dumb as making a fancy car with no steering wheel. I'm returning my Osmo Action.

Gee... maybe you should have read the specs before you made the purchase...
2020-9-4
Use props
djiuser_SJE7tu2JJAC1
lvl.1

Germany

I need the superwiev mode like gopro..
2020-9-4
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SJE7tu2JJAC1 Posted at 9-4 19:30
I need the superwiev mode like gopro..

Then buy a go... if you NEED a feature, then buy the camera with that feature :-)
2020-9-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

buy a wide angle lens.
2020-9-6
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 9-6 12:48
buy a wide angle lens.

do you have a source for wide angle lenses for the O Action?
2020-10-1
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

A optical zoom lens is no good for a action camera, it will break fairly quick.
The same goes for auto focus, a action camera need to be fixed focus to be able to endure action.

There is a reason they are called action cameras, they are rugged and meant for filming action in adverse conditions, granted anything is action but i mean tough action in hard to deal with places for regular cameras.

It more sound like OP need a camcorder for filming tennis from the bleachers.

And granted there is digital zoom, but any serious photo / videographer would never use such garbage.
2020-10-1
Use props
Micky Parise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190207 ft
  • >>>
United States

peiter Posted at 10-1 21:46
A optical zoom lens is no good for a action camera, it will break fairly quick.
The same goes for auto focus, a action camera need to be fixed focus to be able to endure action.

I have the Soloshot 3 Optic65 Tracking Action Camera and let me tell you, the zoom is awesome.
2020-10-2
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

I had to google that one.

That is not a action camera, you can film action just fine i am sure, but try strapping to to the handlebar of a dirtbike for a few laps and see how long it last or how usable the footage will be.
The osmo actiion and other action cameras they are meant to go on / into the action, not film it from a far.
If you want to film action from a distance a action camera are the wrong tool, for that you need a good camcorder and a tripod.

I think you are misreading the name of your camera, it is not a action camera it is a action tracking camera,,,,,, that is two different beasts.

I also have optical zoom in a few of my PTZ IP cameras, but i am not going to put any of those on anything with just a chance of a little G load, cuz a CCTV camera are not build for G loads, it is made to sit on a wall or pole / sealing and just look at things.

In 2006 i put my Samsung pocket camera on my 660 CCM quad bike, drove 2 laps on a small private track, and did next to no jumps, and after that the lens automatics ( zoom lens going in and out of parked mode ) was dead and somehow there was a constant buzzing sound in the audio.
2020-10-2
Use props
Dynasty Gould
New

United States

not having a zoom feature is like an nes game that uses the start or select buttion to jump in the game i dont want to have to use my phone or a cheap camera to zoon in or out every time that i need to do that. to have a zoom in zoom out is such a basic thing. if the cheap cameras and phones have it. why wouldnt this camera have it. do you guys honestly think tits not nessasary?1 i mean seriously?! how much alchaol did the persion consume before they thought that this was a good idea to not include  the zoom i zoom out  in the camera i mean come on! hope they do put it in an update, on behalf of everyone here and myself.. CAUSE WE WANT ZOOM!! other then that it is a great camera by the way. i am a vlogger the zoon in zoon out is very important to us.my channel on you tube is outside the mystery..
2021-9-10
Use props
Dynasty Gould
New

United States

WebParrot Posted at 2020-9-6 09:22
Then buy a go... if you NEED a feature, then buy the camera with that feature :-)

cameras do not always say in the discriptions that they have zoom in or zoom out. because usailay that is a given, its as basic of a thing to have in a camera  as it is for start on an nes contoler. after all the nintendo dose not have to say in the discription. the controlers come with a start buttion. they do'nt have to say that cause it is a given. wich means you do not have to look for it in the discription of the product. that is how autmatic a zoom feature should be in a camera they do'nt have to say it cause it is there you do'nt have to look for it in the discription cause it is there.
2021-9-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'd be interested to see your list of available action cameras with optical zoom.  Digital zoom isn't worth having on any camera unless you don't know how to use editing software.
2021-9-11
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dynasty Gould Posted at 9-10 14:49
cameras do not always say in the discriptions that they have zoom in or zoom out. because usailay that is a given, its as basic of a thing to have in a camera  as it is for start on an nes contoler. after all the nintendo dose not have to say in the discription. the controlers come with a start buttion. they do'nt have to say that cause it is a given. wich means you do not have to look for it in the discription of the product. that is how autmatic a zoom feature should be in a camera they do'nt have to say it cause it is there you do'nt have to look for it in the discription cause it is there.

Your argument makes no sense.  Simply because "you" think a feature automatically exists, doesn't mean the vendor is at fault for not having it.

Use the magic of the internet (sarcasm) go to the manufactures' website and read the manual.  If it has the features you want, buy it.
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules