dead battery
3077 13 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dumbdeal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172789 ft
Ireland

is there anything I can do for a battery with no lights, I haven't used my phantom 4  for 5 month's now battery won't charge and no lights will this happen to my goggles aswell
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask for how long did you try to charge the battery? For additional information, if the battery would respond to the charger, it's recommended to send the unit to our facility for further check. However, the warranty for the battery is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. If you wish to contact our support, please see the link below.

www.dji.com/support
2019-7-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes, I would be sure you leave it on the charger for some time - say an hour?  Even with no lights, it may be charging and might eventually show the first lamp blinking.  It happened to one of my batteries once.  And the battery seems to be fine now.

Good luck
2019-7-22
Use props
dumbdeal
lvl.1
Ireland

left battery on for 2 hours still no lights and yes it is more than 6 months old but it only has 20 charges on it should still be like new second battery works fine at the moment   (worried)
2019-7-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

The battery is probably toast.  

One more thing you might try is to reset it somehow by opening it up and jump starting it?  I saw a video on youtube describing it, but it was a P2 or P3 battery.  I've never done it myself.  You'd have to search youtube.  

Be careful.  

In the future, make sure your battery never drops below 30%, or if it does, give it some charge right away to get it to a good storage level (30%-50%).

Good luck.
2019-7-26
Use props
dumbdeal
lvl.1
Ireland

seems to be a common fault for such an expensive battery are dji doing anything about this
2019-7-27
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Mark, please tell us anything more. Did you made full discharge to 0% or it happens earlier? How long does battery stayed without any charging?
2019-8-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

adrian8891 Posted at 8-2 23:43
Mark, please tell us anything more. Did you made full discharge to 0% or it happens earlier? How long does battery stayed without any charging?

You should think of your battery like a pet hampster.  If you ignore it, it will die.  Keep an eye on it.  Fully charge the battery if you're going to fly.  Otherwise, watch it and give it a charge when needed - not a full charge - just enough to keep it within storage range.  

Yes I have had a battery down to 0%, but I charged it right away and it was okay.  Still - discharging that low will shorten the life of your battery even if it doesn't kill it.  

I don't know the answer to your last question.  The battery being ignored will probably last a little longer than a pet hampster will last without food and water.  

Good luck
2019-8-3
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-3 03:37
You should think of your battery like a pet hampster.  If you ignore it, it will die.  Keep an eye on it.  Fully charge the battery if you're going to fly.  Otherwise, watch it and give it a charge when needed - not a full charge - just enough to keep it within storage range.  

Yes I have had a battery down to 0%, but I charged it right away and it was okay.  Still - discharging that low will shorten the life of your battery even if it doesn't kill it.  

Haha, sorry, question wasn’t addressed to You Mark, but to author of topic. Sorry about that ;)
2019-8-3
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-3 03:37
You should think of your battery like a pet hampster.  If you ignore it, it will die.  Keep an eye on it.  Fully charge the battery if you're going to fly.  Otherwise, watch it and give it a charge when needed - not a full charge - just enough to keep it within storage range.  

M the D,  would that apply to a Guinea Pig also ?    
2019-8-4
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Batteries come with a six month warranty.
2019-8-20
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

hi all if battery  goto 0 volt   this mean the chip inside  have data is erase   and  need to reprogrammed  by tools after open battery case   so no way to relive it again  
and if any can open  battery case and charge inside battery  you can see the light again and on and off but no can turn on drone if  used it
thanks
2019-8-21
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

sedeco Posted at 8-21 06:26
hi all if battery  goto 0 volt   this mean the chip inside  have data is erase   and  need to reprogrammed  by tools after open battery case   so no way to relive it again  
and if any can open  battery case and charge inside battery  you can see the light again and on and off but no can turn on drone if  used it
thanks

DJI messed up big time with these batteries.
2019-8-21
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

PowerBand1 Posted at 8-21 10:31
DJI messed up big time with these batteries.

DJI messed up big time with these batteries    yes
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules