Introducing Dronelink
8104 12 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronelink0
lvl.2
United States

Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.  

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim

2019-7-22
Use props
dronelink0
lvl.2
United States

https://www.dronelink.com/
2019-7-22
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

dronelink0 Posted at 7-22 08:30

hi Jim   great news - great work!  
One challenge - clicking on the link takes us to DJI's home page - not a link to the BETA version. I've downloaded TESTFLIGHT on my phone as directed  but once open, the screen says 'no apps to test' - from where do I receive an invitation to test the BETA version?
With great interest,
Mark
2019-7-23
Use props
dronelink0
lvl.2
United States

Apologies, you can opt-in to the beta from our homepage:
2019-7-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

Hi Jim,  

Nice to hear this news.  I have registered myself . Let me see how it works with Mavic 2 PRO
2019-8-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

OK my first test didnt work.... Samsung NOTE 8 - Android app is crashing with a black screen  !!
2019-8-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2019-8-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-24
Use props
Miro Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing
2019-8-25
Use props
dronelink0
lvl.2
United States

S.J Posted at 8-22 10:49
OK my first test didnt work.... Samsung NOTE 8 - Android app is crashing with a black screen  !!

Try installing the latest APK.
2019-8-31
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328163 ft

Is it possible to make smooth curved turns?
Found it allready
2019-10-8
Use props
jimdow528gmail
lvl.2

United States

I'm still trying to find a commercial drone flight planning app that will allow me to develop drone mission plans using curved flight lines.
Take a look at what I've done myself for fixed-wing and multi-rotor drones and let me know if DroneLink will allow this.  Well, the upload function does not seem to be working.
Pasting the image is not a good option either.
2020-9-10
Use props
Jeppedy
lvl.1

United States

jimdow528gmail Posted at 9-10 13:49
I'm still trying to find a commercial drone flight planning app that will allow me to develop drone mission plans using curved flight lines.
Take a look at what I've done myself for fixed-wing and multi-rotor drones and let me know if DroneLink will allow this.  Well, the upload function does not seem to be working.
Pasting the image is not a good option either.

Did you find DroneLink to be what you wanted?  It sounds to me like a perfect fit for what you ask.  
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules