2811 32 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Noticed this evening many of the U.K retailers have dropped the price on the Osmo Action by £30-£40 :-)

2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Aardvark. Thank you for sharing this information that you provided. Great find and thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

A change in the exchange rate?
2019-7-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-22 12:27
A change in the exchange rate?

Perhaps, but the £'s been on its way down for a while now so more likely to be due to DJIs pricing or marketing strategy. Or a signal for an Action II ? (my own pure conjecture there, unlikely to happen for a while I would think). Either way it's good news for anybody looking to buy.
2019-7-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-22 11:54
Hello and good day Aardvark. Thank you for sharing this information that you provided. Great find and thank you for your valued support.

It's certainly good news for any in the UK at present 12% cheaper, not to be sneezed at.
2019-7-24
Use props
PowellSkier
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-22 11:54

Hello and good day again DJI Stephen. Thank you for sharing this worthless comment on the information provided. Do you even have a girlfriend that supports you?
2019-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Aardvark Posted at 7-24 03:05
It's certainly good news for any in the UK at present 12% cheaper, not to be sneezed at.

Hello and good day Aardvark. It is definitely a great news. Again this is a great find and thank you for your support.
2019-7-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-26 09:10
Hello and good day Aardvark. It is definitely a great news. Again this is a great find and thank you for your support.

And thank you for your salutations DJI Stephen.

I bought a third unit manufactured in June, so this price reduction was a nice bonus for me after returning the first two which had been produced in April when they developed faults (batch problem ???).
The manufacturing date is easily checked before buying if bought locally as it is on the box beside serial number, I would not have accepted another April produced device. Also the June model appears to be an update on the previous, with (at least) slightly different case, and newer firmware pre-installed. So it is good to see improvements from DJI, although it would be nice to see notification of hardware updates in the release notes along with the firmware builds and their fixes.
2019-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Aardvark Posted at 7-27 03:51
And thank you for your salutations DJI Stephen.

I bought a third unit manufactured in June, so this price reduction was a nice bonus for me after returning the first two which had been produced in April when they developed faults (batch problem ???).

You are very much welcome Aardvark. Thank you sharing this information and your insights with regards to this matter. The best thing I can do is to send these information to the designated DJI department for us to be able to improve more in the near future. Thank you so much for your valued support and for supporting DJI.
2019-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 09:12
You are very much welcome Aardvark. Thank you sharing this information and your insights with regards to this matter. The best thing I can do is to send these information to the designated DJI department for us to be able to improve more in the near future. Thank you so much for your valued support and for supporting DJI.

"The best thing I can do is to send these information to the designated DJI department"

They should already be aware, I passed the appropriate log files to DJI Mindy to forward to the engineering team.
2019-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Aardvark Posted at 7-27 10:29
"The best thing I can do is to send these information to the designated DJI department"

They should already be aware, I passed the appropriate log files to DJI Mindy to forward to the engineering team.

Thank you Aardvark for this information. Let me please follow this matter up. Thank you.
2019-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Latest and greatest seems to be DJI themselves have dropped their UK price from £329 to £279, get them while they're hot (a turn of phrase) :-)
2019-9-4
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>

Meanwhile, the price has gone up in the DJI US store.  I also noticed they increased the regular price of the Osmo Pocket but it's on sale right now.  I guess it has to do with the tariff wars.  
2019-9-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Joemar7 Posted at 9-4 10:24
Meanwhile, the price has gone up in the DJI US store.  I also noticed they increased the regular price of the Osmo Pocket but it's on sale right now.  I guess it has to do with the tariff wars.

I believe you're right, looks like the US government is taxing things to drive down demand.
2019-9-4
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

Aardvark Posted at 9-4 10:41
I believe you're right, looks like the US government is taxing things to drive down demand.

(I must not mention politics.  I must not mention politics...............)
2019-9-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

ff22 Posted at 9-4 12:39

Never mind, one day we might discover it was all a dream

:-)
2019-9-4
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer

ff22 Posted at 9-4 12:39

Me neither But don't anyone think that we've got it good in the U.K. I seriously doubt we'll have anything like these prices in a couple of months.

Great post Aardvark and I'd suggest to anyone in the U.K. sitting on the fence who's thinking about buying an Action, get off the fence and buy it now.

I recently bought a Nvidia GPU from Nvidia's online U.K. store, I noticed today that all their U.K. prices have now gone up on all their GPUs across the store and this is before Brexit.

I hate to think where we're going to be when we are no longer a part of the European family.

Oh, sorry, I just forgot. I must not mention politics
2019-9-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

David_Harry Posted at 9-4 13:48
Me neither  But don't anyone think that we've got it good in the U.K. I seriously doubt we'll have anything like these prices in a couple of months.

Great post Aardvark and I'd suggest to anyone in the U.K. sitting on the fence who's thinking about buying an Action, get off the fence and buy it now.

You should be alright David. Nvidia is an American based company. It just makes stuff abroad
Politics is life, can't live with it. Can't talk about any topic that doesn't involve it.
Currently, I would vote for Guy Falks.
That line for those without humour, was a joke Jo Brand style.
2019-9-4
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 9-4 16:03
You should be alright David. Nvidia is an American based company. It just makes stuff abroad
Politics is life, can't live with it. Can't talk about any topic that doesn't involve it.
Currently, I would vote for Guy Falks.

Hi Ray.

It’s un-believable how we as a country have managed to get in a position where we have someone leading it who was unelected by the people and is so out of touch with the country as a whole. The guy and many in his party are simply taking care of their own best interests and the complete tool doesn’t even have a roadmap or basic plan for the exit strategy. And there's the whole Ireland thing that’s being thrown to one side, this government gives very little of a toss for most people in the country and even less for the Irish.

It’s going to start feeling like the late 70s early 80s in this country, but without the great music

So getting back to the price of things

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-9-4
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249213 ft

Exchanges rates are going the other way. I'm guessing the imminent announcement of the new Goporo will have something to do with it.
Gutted, I only bought mine a few weeks ago and haven't even had a chance to use it yet.

2019-9-5
Use props
MJRH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23825 ft

This is tempting, torn between getting the OA or waiting for the new GoPro...Decisions!
2019-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>

Good to know - thanks
2019-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Any retailers in particular?
2019-9-5
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.3

MJRH@SkyCam Posted at 9-5 03:01
This is tempting, torn between getting the OA or waiting for the new GoPro...Decisions!

I was waiting for the Gopro but heading out on vacation in two weeks and I don't think the new one will be out by then. Going to test the OA against my Hero7.
2019-9-5
Use props
MJRH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23825 ft

fanseba42e89 Posted at 9-5 04:55
I was waiting for the Gopro but heading out on vacation in two weeks and I don't think the new one will be out by then. Going to test the OA against my Hero7.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.
2019-9-5
Use props
fanseba42e89
lvl.3

MJRH@SkyCam Posted at 9-5 05:45
I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

The reviews do worry me, not waterproof, only 30 minutes, overheating etc. I love my Osmo Pocket and my Mavic drone but this has all the hallmarks of a calamity waiting to happen. I certainly won't be nursing it or taking it any easier. All the messages about it's DJI's first attempt and go easy, they hardly gave the Karma an easy ride. A company shouldn't bring a product to market if it isn't up for the job,.
I really hope it does work as expected otherwise i'll be missing out on good footage. Fingers crossed!
2019-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 9-5 04:49
Any retailers in particular?

That’s at DJI  online store. Have a hunt through the big retailers though. Their prices have been very good recently.
2019-9-5
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft

Aardvark, have you noticed any differences in the build quality, especially the plastic? I just bought my June OA (after returning two dead Aprils some time ago for a refund) and it really feels different. My wife also felt the same way. I mean it has been quite some time, so impossible to be sure but the old one, as we remember, had this high quality "rubbery", "fleshy" (I fear the language gods might smite me) touch, where as the new one feels like plain, ordinary plastic.

Not that I care as long as this one keeps working, but I was curious whether anyone else felt the same...

PS: I also paid significantly less compared to my first purchase, but there are still a lot of April versions around here and they also sell at the new low price; so I don't think the price cut has something to do with the new version being cheaper...

2019-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

CemAygun Posted at 9-5 17:43
Aardvark, have you noticed any differences in the build quality, especially the plastic? I just bought my June OA (after returning two dead Aprils some time ago for a refund) and it really feels different. My wife also felt the same way. I mean it has been quite some time, so impossible to be sure but the old one, as we remember, had this high quality "rubbery", "fleshy" (I fear the language gods might smite me) touch, where as the new one feels like plain, ordinary plastic.

Not that I care as long as this one keeps working, but I was curious whether anyone else felt the same...

"had this high quality "rubbery", "fleshy" (I fear the language gods might smite me)"

Fear thee not, the mighty ones slumber :-)

My June 2019 model has exactly the same appearance and textures as my April 2019 ones, with the exception of extra hole or holes on the right hand side when viewing from screen side.

So on the left side is the SD & USB cover in smooth finish, above that the 'QS' button, the top of camera and then down the right side is all of the rubberised texture. All other parts are smooth finish. The rubberised seal would be to waterproof the buttons, microphones & speaker etc.
2019-9-7
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft

"Fear thee not, the mighty ones slumber :-)"

Hehehe, good for me

Well the new one I've got looks the same as before but feels different, including the buttons. The sections you describe definitely have a different texture then the rest, but they don't feel like I remember them to be. Anyways, probably it's my memory playing tricks on me

Thanks a lot for the info,

Cheers!

2019-9-9
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer

Noticed that the price has gone back up in the uk now. Strange.
2019-10-8
Use props
DeeJayOne
lvl.3

Osmo Pocket has been reduced by a similar amount though... possibly just rotating through the products with offers?
2019-10-8
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer

DeeJayOne Posted at 10-8 15:01
Osmo Pocket has been reduced by a similar amount though... possibly just rotating through the products with offers?

Deejay think you could be right, didn’t realise the pocket had been reduced.

I would have thought with the GoPro release they would dropped the action to scoop up those on the fence !
2019-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules