Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ninja 5 and the Ronin S
811 4 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hi All:
Does anyone know if the Ronin S can start/stop video recording on a Atomos Ninja 5?

Donald Barar

2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, this monitor accessory hasn't been tested by our engineers, therefore, using it may not guarantee the outcome. We would recommend using mobile devices that are compatible with our Ronin-S. Please see the screenshot below. Thank you for understanding.

2019-7-22
Use props
DGBarar
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-22 13:25
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, this monitor accessory hasn't been tested by our engineers, therefore, using it may not guarantee the outcome. We would recommend using mobile devices that are compatible with our Ronin-S. Please see the screenshot below. Thank you for understanding.

[view_image]

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your quick reply.  My interest in triggering record on/off of the Ninja 5 was as a work-around to the fact that FujiFilm X-T3 SDK does not support record on/off from the Ronin S.  My thought was that if the Ronin S could support record on/off of the Ninja 5 that this might be an effective remedy to lack of communications between the Ronin S and the X-T3.  Unfortunately, this will not be a solution for us X-T3 users.  Again, thank you for the prompt response.

Donald Barar
2019-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DGBarar Posted at 7-22 14:26
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your quick reply.  My interest in triggering record on/off of the Ninja 5 was as a work-around to the fact that FujiFilm X-T3 SDK does not support record on/off from the Ronin S.  My thought was that if the Ronin S could support record on/off of the Ninja 5 that this might be an effective remedy to lack of communications between the Ronin S and the X-T3.  Unfortunately, this will not be a solution for us X-T3 users.  Again, thank you for the prompt response.

You're most welcome. We do appreciate your understanding in regards to the situation. Cheers!
2019-7-23
Use props
NikMar
lvl.3
United States

This feature does work Nikon Z7 and Ninja V.  I am running Ronin-S firmware 1.7.0.60.Ronin-S, Ninja V and Nikon Z7
https://youtu.be/iwd5s6y7svk

2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules