Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
loses contact with remote at 1/2 mile
1058 11 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gidderdunner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

I read this thing should go a few miles, but no matter where I fly from, I get about 2100 feet or less and it loses connection with the remote and heads home. I'm glad it comes home. I read some horror stories where it goes and goes... Anyway... Any tips on better reception? Can I get better antennas or something?

2019-7-22
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.amazon.com/d/Rc-Tran ... -Antenna/B01BAEGRZ6
2019-7-22
Use props
Gidderdunner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-22 17:49
https://www.amazon.com/d/Rc-Transmitter-Antenna/BlueProton-Phantom-Standard-Extender-Antenna/B01BAEGRZ6

I have a Mavic Air.
Actually I also have a Phantom 3 Pro, but that's not what I posted this thread about. Looks like this product is only for the Phantom 3
2019-7-22
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gidderdunner Posted at 7-22 18:21
I have a Mavic Air.
Actually I also have a Phantom 3 Pro, but that's not what I posted this thread about. Looks like this product is only for the Phantom 3

Look up Antenna modifications on Google, Youtube, and Amazon.
2019-7-22
Use props
Mr. Motta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

It all depends on where you are flying from. If you have trees and buildings in your flight path, then yes you will have problems. The Air uses WIFI not Occusync like the Pro(s) . I live in the mountains so I fly higher for a better signal. I have installed the 4 Hawks antenna which definitely helped.  Sometimes I can only get out 2000 feet or so before losing signal. Other times I have gotten out over 12000 feet. Kind of a crap shoot with the Air.
2019-7-22
Use props
Vofas
Captain
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

The distance indicated in the instruction is valid with direct sight of the drone and RC antennas and the absence of covering objects (buildings, tree leaves, etc.). Directional antennas narrow the beam angle, increasing the field strength, but again under the condition of direct visibility.
2019-7-22
Use props
NitemareTrainer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

I fly my MA from my backyard in a straight line over the ocean.  On Sunday, I went straight out about 4000 feet.  Since I was about 1/4 mile over the ocean, I started to get a little nervous so I brought it back.  I had good reception the entire distance.
2019-7-23
Use props
rbtmckny
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

I have a Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom, but I think what I will say still applies. Make sure your controller is pointed at the Drone. If your Drone is at 3 o'clock and your controller is at 1 o'clock, you will lose contact at some point of distance. Also the farther away you are, the closer to the horizon your Drone will be, so either lower your controllers angle as you get further away or increase your Drones altitude.
2019-7-23
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depends a lot on your flying location and tx/aerial poistions and orientation, this applies to all DJI drones.
-

2019-7-23
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 7-23 22:06
Depends a lot on your flying location and tx/aerial poistions and orientation, this applies to all DJI drones.
-
https://youtu.be/P7M9JtfVwQE

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-7-24
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

I wonder whether there would be more commendations of mavic air distance connectivity had advertisement promotions boasted maximum distance as onehundred meters?
2019-7-27
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Auto frequency switches 2.4 and 5.8 GHz whenever the glitch signal lost debuts. maybe you should experiment ascend or descend checking immediacy improve else return?
2019-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules