Wrong date on phantom 3 photo
1681 21 2019-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sasa1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193173 ft
Thailand

I fly my phantom 3 pro to take series of photo but all photo have same date and time as following pictures. Please help me how to correct this matter. Thank you.

dji go

dji go

file1

file1

datetime3.jpg
datetime2.jpg
datetime1.jpg

directory

directory

2019-7-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is some interesting anomalies.
2019-7-22
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

The SD card are formatted with dji go app on the phantom 3 itself. The Ipad date and time are correct. I have reset the phantom 3 by holding reset button on the side of the phantom 3 body for 15 seconds and turn off the phantom 3 and release the reset button. I then turn on the p3 again while holding the reset button before taken these photos.
2019-7-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

sasa1 Posted at 7-22 18:12
The SD card are formatted with dji go app on the phantom 3 itself. The Ipad date and time are correct. I have reset the phantom 3 by holding reset button on the side of the phantom 3 body for 15 seconds and turn off the phantom 3 and release the reset button. I then turn on the p3 again while holding the reset button before taken these photos.

Aloha sasa,

The problem you are describing has been around for a long time and unfortunately, I cannot remember the solution.  But, just as a guess, try changing the setting to list the photos sequentially instead of recycling the numbers with each flight.  The photo numbers will go from DJI_0001 to DJI_9999 before it starts over again.  

I suspect others on the Forum may have the answer but you can try that and see if it works.  It may not be available with the P3 Series and DJI GO, but you can try.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-23
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Cetacean Posted at 7-23 02:01
Aloha sasa,

The problem you are describing has been around for a long time and unfortunately, I cannot remember the solution.  But, just as a guess, try changing the setting to list the photos sequentially instead of recycling the numbers with each flight.  The photo numbers will go from DJI_0001 to DJI_9999 before it starts over again.  

Hi Cetacean,
Where to set 0000-9999? And how could that help in wrong date and time? Actually the date and time of all 1460 picture taken during the day for the duration of 4 hours are the same. Would this give you more clue to what had happen? Thank you again
2019-7-23
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

sasa1 Posted at 7-23 06:42
Hi Cetacean,
Where to set 0000-9999? And how could that help in wrong date and time? Actually the date and time of all 1460 picture taken during the day for the duration of 4 hours are the same. Would this give you more clue to what had happen? Thank you again

HI Cetacean,
Do you think of any hardware failure that might caused this date and time problem. I come to think of cmos battery failure in PCs would caused this kind of problem too. Which part of p3 that generate or keeping of time?
2019-7-23
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Just now I have talk to DJI support and they think that it might be the DJI Go App problem. I have tested my other mobile device with DJI GO, and Litchi, both have the same result wrong date and time. DJI Support then suspect that the problem is with the Hardware itself and I need to send it the drone for inspection. But I just need to know the cause on the hardware side so that I can replace the part myself as I have 2 p3p and 2 p3a that I can taken apart and replace. But DJI Support does not give me clue which part to replace. If anyone here can give me some hint, I would be very much appriciate. Thank you.
2019-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sasa1 Posted at 7-23 08:08
Just now I have talk to DJI support and they think that it might be the DJI Go App problem. I have tested my other mobile device with DJI GO, and Litchi, both have the same result wrong date and time. DJI Support then suspect that the problem is with the Hardware itself and I need to send it the drone for inspection. But I just need to know the cause on the hardware side so that I can replace the part myself as I have 2 p3p and 2 p3a that I can taken apart and replace. But DJI Support does not give me clue which part to replace. If anyone here can give me some hint, I would be very much appriciate. Thank you.

Aloha sasa,

If you have gotten that far, you might want to try the browsers.  Google the question and see what comes up.  If it is hardware, someone will explain it.  Let me fire up my trusty old P3P and see what DJI GO tells me.  I should be able to find the setting for the file names.

BTW, do any of your other P3Ps and P3As have working remote controllers?  If you have a P4, the P4 remote controller will work with a P3P.  Any of these alternatives can help isolate your problem.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-23
Use props
Sick Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

is your tablet time and date set correctly?
2019-7-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sick Dog Posted at 7-23 15:18

If I remember correctly, the photo time and date values are taken from the GPS data in the aircraft itself. I doubt the controller or tablet have any effect on it.
2019-7-23
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft

proof that time travel is here but only with dji lol very strange hope you get it sorted
2019-7-23
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Sick Dog Posted at 7-23 15:18

Yes, both iphone and ipad have the correct time setting. Thanks for your comment
2019-7-23
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Cetacean Posted at 7-23 15:01
Aloha sasa,

If you have gotten that far, you might want to try the browsers.  Google the question and see what comes up.  If it is hardware, someone will explain it.  Let me fire up my trusty old P3P and see what DJI GO tells me.  I should be able to find the setting for the file names.

I will try difference remote and tell the result later. Thanks
2019-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sasa1 Posted at 7-23 16:46
I will try difference remote and tell the result later. Thanks

Aloha sasa,

DJI GO does have the setting for the continuous or reset of the file names.  Go to the Camera options and select Menu.  Then scroll almost to the bottom and File Index Mode will be listed.  The two options there are Continuous and Reset.  Continuous is the one that goes from DJI_0001 to DJI_9999.

Geebax, in Post #11, does have an interesting point.  Since the photos are stored on the SD Card in the aircraft, it would make sense that the time and date values of each photo are taken directly from the GPS data.  You could also check the photo properties to see if they list the GPS coordinates like they are supposed to.  If the GPS coordinates are not listed, then you have a better understanding and explanation of the problem.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-24
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Cetacean Posted at 7-24 01:25
Aloha sasa,

DJI GO does have the setting for the continuous or reset of the file names.  Go to the Camera options and select Menu.  Then scroll almost to the bottom and File Index Mode will be listed.  The two options there are Continuous and Reset.  Continuous is the one that goes from DJI_0001 to DJI_9999.

Dear Cetacean,
I have check the GPS coordinate. It is exactly right where it should be. But I can not view the the GPS time in picture property. So the GPS does work for co-ordination And since I flew in way point mode for orthophoto nicely, the picture stitchup perfectly so the GPS codination surely is not the problem. How to view GPS time? Thanks for many ideas.
2019-7-24
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Cetacean Posted at 7-24 01:25
Aloha sasa,

DJI GO does have the setting for the continuous or reset of the file names.  Go to the Camera options and select Menu.  Then scroll almost to the bottom and File Index Mode will be listed.  The two options there are Continuous and Reset.  Continuous is the one that goes from DJI_0001 to DJI_9999.

I have change to another remote. Same result. Strill wrong date and time. May be it's time to change the Gimble board. No any other way I could think of now.
2019-7-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sasa1 Posted at 7-24 08:13
I have change to another remote. Same result. Strill wrong date and time. May be it's time to change the Gimble board. No any other way I could think of now.

The gimbal board will not have anything to do with your problem, don't waste your time on it.
2019-7-24
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Geebax Posted at 7-24 15:10
The gimbal board will not have anything to do with your problem, don't waste your time on it.

Dear Geebax,
Do you recommend me to do or try anything else on this matter. To conclude the hardware and software I use are:
-2 IOS devices with correctly sync time. The Iphone and ipad are updated with most update IOS DJI Go and Litchi have been tested with 2 remote control on the same drone. I have the photo taken nicely and the GPS location is right where it should be. Just the date and time that is not right
2019-7-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sasa1 Posted at 7-24 17:31
Dear Geebax,
Do you recommend me to do or try anything else on this matter. To conclude the hardware and software I use are:
-2 IOS devices with correctly sync time. The Iphone and ipad are updated with most update IOS DJI Go and Litchi have been tested with 2 remote control on the same drone. I have the photo taken nicely and the GPS location is right where it should be. Just the date and time that is not right

The only thing youy could try is to update the firmware on the aircraft, that's where the problem is. And copy off any photos you want to keep, then format the SD card in the drone.
2019-7-24
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Geebax Posted at 7-24 17:57
The only thing youy could try is to update the firmware on the aircraft, that's where the problem is. And copy off any photos you want to keep, then format the SD card in the drone.

Yes I did what you recommend. Update AC software and RC software. I have tested with 3 RC all updated to the latest firmware. Iphone ipad DJI go app and litchi app are all updated.  Still the same result of wrong date and time. What else should I do or try?
2019-7-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sasa1 Posted at 7-30 09:48
Yes I did what you recommend. Update AC software and RC software. I have tested with 3 RC all updated to the latest firmware. Iphone ipad DJI go app and litchi app are all updated.  Still the same result of wrong date and time. What else should I do or try?

Don't know, thats all I can think of.
2019-7-30
Use props
sasa1
lvl.1
Thailand

Geebax Posted at 7-30 14:20
Don't know, thats all I can think of.

Thank you. I will post update after I found the solution to the problem. What I will do next is most probably replace the gimble board.
2019-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules