How to connect to the PWM ports?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

Excited to see how add capabilities to this robot.

I have figured out how to connect servos to the PWM port, apparently they use a standard Futaba servo connector, so the pins are ground, power, signal when looking at it from behind. (Signal is next to the slot.). From this I guess that it is supplying 5v power?

Is it possible to connect LEDs by connecting only ground and signal? Shouldn’t need separate power to drive an LED.

At some point I hope they document the mysterious UART (serial port), M0 and S-Bus ports too!
2019-7-22
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

I second the motion. The RoboMaster S1 will be a fantastic robot to work with once we can harness its entire set of capabilities.
2019-7-22
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Yes we're all hoping for DJI to blow this thing wide open (source).  

In theory, you could program a Duty Cycle to the PWM signal from the Futaba connector to the LED and then the robot's program could vary the intensity of the LED from 0% to 100%.

I will do this in future because my house has poor lighting and the S1 needs headlights to help see the tape lines and other things.
2019-7-25
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

Ok, so I can confirm that just about any 5V servo will work on the PWM ports. Order is signal, power, ground starting from the orientation slot. PWM parameter is 2.5 to 12.5 for a 180 degree movement.

For LEDs, signal is a switched ground, so you can connect to signal and power.

It is easy enough to add a custom action to turn an LED on. When you stop the custom action, the PWM port is reset so it turns off. It would be nice if you could pass a parameter to a custom action so that you could regulate the brightness.

The UART port looks incredibly useful. That could open up all sorts of options.
2019-7-29
Use props
DanteOcram
New

Italy

hello everyone, I wanted to ask if currently the PWM ports were active and usable..
2023-3-19
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

DanteOcram Posted at 3-19 17:41
hello everyone, I wanted to ask if currently the PWM ports were active and usable..

It should be, yes.
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules