Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Transmitter Questions
1480 3 2014-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madcakes69
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I am new to the hobbyof multi-rotor. I am getting a dji 550 for a winter project.  I would liketo eventually use a gimbal and camera on it. The kit I am getting has the nazalite and gps with it.
I am trying to figure outhow many channel radio I should get that I could use now but also for futureuses including the camera and gimbal. Does anyone have suggestions on how manychannels would be good to get for my first controller and any favorite brandsout there for muti-rotor.

2014-11-13
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been in the hobby for more than 30 years.. What I have learned is to buy the best radio that you can afford. I suggest the futaba 14sg, this will grow with you and work great. A lot of gimbals now support sbus as well so you should have an issue there as well.
2014-11-14
Use props
landed
New

United Kingdom

As an example I bought a specktrum dx6i and I am finding that people are saying there are not enough controls. Despite the fact that people are able to use mixing to get all 3 flight modes working the control of the camera itself is left wanting.

I wanted to check if this was the case - for example this guy here is able to make a camera pan.

I ask because 6 channel is a lot and I would think flying is 4 then there should be enough to get some camera tilt or pan.
I have the dx6i already and if this is good enough for aerial work with the h33d then I will go the flamewheel route over the Phantom 2.
But the main plus of the P2 is that I dont need to buy a Tx (AGAIN and AGAIN).

2014-11-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

4Ch for flight
1ch 3 POS for Flight mode
1ch 3 POS for for IOC
1 slider for Tilt

So to get full use out of the NAZA FC with Gimbal you would need 7ch.
2014-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules